It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

IAmSinistar: Guess I'll have to find another perpetual alpha to rag on.
Join steam... choose from MILLIONS!
DeMignon: They use some kind of timed installer. ...
IAmSinistar: HL included a link to a post for a workaround. Basically as long as you unpack the game today, you can keep a ZIP of the directory afterwards. These games generally don't seem to need any path or registry info to work after that point.
Thanks for the info, there's always a way around ;-)
But as I feared, they force an online registration in the installation process. Don't like that, I gladly pass.
IAmSinistar: Not a deal, but can it be true?

"After 2 and a half years Enola is now finished."

Guess I'll have to find another perpetual alpha to rag on. Perhaps Arcane Worlds.
Have you met Kenshi? ;)
IAmSinistar: HL included a link to a post for a workaround. Basically as long as you unpack the game today, you can keep a ZIP of the directory afterwards. These games generally don't seem to need any path or registry info to work after that point.
DeMignon: Thanks for the info, there's always a way around ;-)
But as I feared, they force an online registration in the installation process. Don't like that, I gladly pass.
Well they promise all they do is check the date and that the product is currently on giveaway at the site... After which they simply extract the installer and start the installation. One can probably get the full DRM-FREE installer from a temp folder.
Also on the same matter, what should be the take on sharing DRM-FREE installers/already installed zips of free offered software?
I'm not talking about uploading to a file sharing platform, but is sharing free with your friends that just weren't there at that moment should be any different then grabbing an extra code from the humble giveaway? Even Steam allows somewhat sharing your library with your friends, and this on content you actually payed for.
DeMignon: Thanks for the info, there's always a way around ;-)
Agreed. I haven't found a title I want so badly that I'm willing to go that route.

Niggles: Have you met Kenshi? ;)
I have not. But your asking leads me to believe that I'm either spot on or way off. Sometimes both! :D
The Binding of Isaac and its DLC Wrath of the Lamb are -85% at Steam
madth3: The Binding of Isaac and its DLC Wrath of the Lamb are -85% at Steam
Just take note that there is now Isaac: Rebirth which will clean out all the flaws you might/will hate in the orginial, like no Joypad support or Key rebinding. Plus tons of new content.
So, only reason to buy this is getting the 33% OFF NOW until the release in November, for owners of the original.
Post edited September 29, 2014 by dyscode
GamersGate deals.

The Wolf Among Us Midweek (Other DRM*) -50%/€11.50

Grand Theft Auto Week -75% for separate titles, or -80% for the trilogy (3, Vice City, Sand Andreas) or the complete collection. Everything is Steam-only, while Grand Theft Auto IV also carries SecuROM and requires GFWL and Rockstar Social Club (reports are divided on whether the last two are actually restrictive).

Capcom Week with discounts up to -80%. The games are either Steam-only, SecuROM or, in the case of Fairy Bloom Freesia, DRM-Free.

Anuman Week 4 -50%. All games are DRM-Free for PC, Mac or Android.

*Presumably Telltale's own DRM.
Post edited September 29, 2014 by Grargar
IndieGala "EVERY MONDAY" Bundle #27
https://www.indiegala.com/weekly

Pay $1.99 or more to GET these games before price increases!

Mechanic Escape
Pretentious Game
Fly'N
T.E.C. 3001
Trainz Trouble
Train Town

Steam only
Post edited September 29, 2014 by triock
I'd honestly avoid this as it requires a telltale account and as a result, you may not be able to download beyond the first episode.
Happened to me and their forums are flooded with the same issue for various games and copy-paste answers from admins telling them to check their internet connection etc.

Got it on steam... it works - and doesnt have a massive lag on the menu, between scenes etc etc etc

In short the Telltale version is FUBAR.
Sachys: In short the Telltale version is FUBAR.
I've been wanting to play this game for a while and I almost went for it. Thanks for the warning.
Sachys: In short the Telltale version is FUBAR.
Tekkaman-James: I've been wanting to play this game for a while and I almost went for it. Thanks for the warning.
Ive a thread on it somewhere on here, but cant find it as an automated phoneline system is pumping muzak into my ear hypnotically.

OBEY YOUR NEW OVERLORDS!!!
Sachys: Ive a thread on it somewhere on here, but cant find it as an automated phoneline system is pumping muzak into my ear hypnotically.

OBEY YOUR NEW OVERLORDS!!!
I'm sure one of their representatives will answer your call in the order it was received. Just know that your call is important to them and that they appreciate you continuing to hold.
Star Runner is currently free is Desura's sale as well.

Also free currently on Desura is Sym, which is a beta release.
Post edited September 29, 2014 by IAmSinistar
IAmSinistar: Star Runner is currently free is Desura's sale as well.

Also free currently on Desura is Sym, which is a beta release.
One small reminder. As much as the new Desura design sucks, it does have a new positive; you can now add a free game to your collection without the client. How? Simply search for the game through the redesign's search box and click "add to collection". Example attached below.
Attachments:
example.jpg (138 Kb)