It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

trusteft: How?
Falci: From here.

Though, as far as I know, only the Gal Civ 1 download had no online activation. But I haven't downloaded it recently.
Thanks
Also at Steam (and I missed it in a previous announcement)

Metro Last Light Complete -75% / $4.99
The Session pass is also -75% / $2.49

It has already been discounted more than once at that price if I recall correctly.
Steam
Meridian New World on Humble 50% off

Should be here eventually, unless RTS is still too niche...
genkicolleen: Groupees Be Mine 14

$1 Minimum
Meltdown
Little Big Adventure 2
Legacy! (Alpha game)

$5 Minimum
Betrayer
The Mysterious Cities of Gold: Secret Paths
Whispering Willows
Consortium

Oh my gosh! Whispering Willows is towards the very top of my wishlist! (Wish granted! ♥) Actually, I want at least 5 (now four) of the games in the bundle, so it looks great to me! Hoping someone will want to do some trading :D

EDIT: And as far as the The Humble Jumbo Bundle 2 goes, I'm really kicking myself for buying Deadlight when it was on sale earlier ;p Still happy to have it, of course!
Groupees always sets the mark for me, for others to cross but this Bundle is just jaw dropping.

PS: while Humble Bundle just somehow manages that only the $1 interestes me, since quite a few bundles.
Van Hesling for $1? - deal.
Post edited August 19, 2014 by dyscode
chean: For what it's worth, it's only a 'one-time activation' thing -- and once that's done, you can download a DRM-free version of the game directly from Stardock.
For this GalCiv II, download through Steam, run it once and register it using the embedded key. That adds it to your Stardock account, which is basically a page of downloadable games. There is a "product key" under each game title but I don't know if that's needed or not.

I got GalCiv 1 a long long time ago so I don't really remember if this worked the same way or not - at least I remember it was through the Impulse client and not Steam.

In any case, after registering, you don't need the Steam client anymore, if you don't want it.
BoxOfSnoo: For this GalCiv II, download through Steam, run it once and register it using the embedded key. That adds it to your Stardock account, which is basically a page of downloadable games. There is a "product key" under each game title but I don't know if that's needed or not.

I got GalCiv 1 a long long time ago so I don't really remember if this worked the same way or not - at least I remember it was through the Impulse client and not Steam.

In any case, after registering, you don't need the Steam client anymore, if you don't want it.
IIRC, GalCiv II uses something called Goo copy protection for activation. I'm fairly certain its a once per machine thing. Let me see if I can find a link to FrogBoy speaking about it. Link The only problem I have with it is that if that server goes offline, and you move it to another machine, you may not have it. Hmm, I may be mistaken, it seems to imply that Goo was tied to Impulse, which was purchased by GameStop.

For anyone on the fence about that $1 for GalCIv II - If you've played Master of Orion II, the concept is similar, but not quite the same. For one, the tech tree is completely available as a vector image, so zooming, panning are allowed. You can set a distant research target, and the system will get it for you (Civ 4). There's a 'hero' ship that runs around and collects items and finds planets (HoMM). There are miners and colony ships; there's even a cheap in system colony ship that is much cheaper than the interstellar version. Ships are editable (MoO2), but battles are hard because the AI won't challenge you - unless it will stomp all over you. So I don't have any fond memories of battles. I'm sure there's more I'm forgetting, so I'll turn it over to other fans of the 4X genre.

$1 Minimum
Meltdown
Little Big Adventure 2
Legacy! (Alpha game)

$5 Minimum
Betrayer
Whispering Willows
Consortium

Oh my gosh! Whispering Willows is towards the very top of my wishlist! (Wish granted! ♥) Actually, I want at least 5 (now four) of the games in the bundle, so it looks great to me! Hoping someone will want to do some trading :D

EDIT: And as far as the The Humble Jumbo Bundle 2 goes, I'm really kicking myself for buying Deadlight when it was on sale earlier ;p Still happy to have it, of course!
Bloody hell. I'm trying not to add to my backlog and then something like this bundle shows up. Shit.
madth3: Also at Steam (and I missed it in a previous announcement)

Metro Last Light Complete -75% / $4.99
The Session pass is also -75% / $2.49

It has already been discounted more than once at that price if I recall correctly.
The first Metro game is also on sale. IIRC, you get a 50% discount on the remastered version if you own the old one.
Mars: War Logs $5, Steam on GG. Nice game for the price!

$1 Minimum
Meltdown
Little Big Adventure 2
Legacy! (Alpha game)

$5 Minimum
Betrayer
Whispering Willows
Consortium

I picked this Groupees up (mainly for Betrayer but Consortium sounds cool too) as well as the Humble Bundle (for Deadlight). I almost bought Betrayer during the Steam sale but was concerned I'd be too afraid to play it... but bundled with the others I've gotta give it a go. Haven't heard of most of these, and my backlog is long, but I can't stop myself!
ShinyLoot's 101 Days of Summer Daily Deals: Day 83

-A Game of Dwarves -75%/$2.50 (Steam)
-Finding Teddy -75%/$1.75 (DRM-Free)
-Happy Tails: Zookeeper -75%/$1.75 (DRM-Free)
-Meatballphobia -75%/$0.75 (DRM-Free+Desura Key)
-Plith -75%/$1.00 (DRM-Free)
-Realms of the Haunting -64%/$1.80 (DRM-Free)
BoxOfSnoo: For this GalCiv II, download through Steam, run it once and register it using the embedded key. That adds it to your Stardock account, which is basically a page of downloadable games. There is a "product key" under each game title but I don't know if that's needed or not.

Thank you.

PincushionMan: IIRC, GalCiv II uses something called Goo copy protection for activation. I'm fairly certain its a once per machine thing. Let me see if I can find a link to FrogBoy speaking about it. Link The only problem I have with it is that if that server goes offline, and you move it to another machine, you may not have it. Hmm, I may be mistaken, it seems to imply that Goo was tied to Impulse, which was purchased by GameStop.

For anyone on the fence about that $1 for GalCIv II - If you've played Master of Orion II, the concept is similar, but not quite the same. For one, the tech tree is completely available as a vector image, so zooming, panning are allowed. You can set a distant research target, and the system will get it for you (Civ 4). There's a 'hero' ship that runs around and collects items and finds planets (HoMM). There are miners and colony ships; there's even a cheap in system colony ship that is much cheaper than the interstellar version. Ships are editable (MoO2), but battles are hard because the AI won't challenge you - unless it will stomp all over you. So I don't have any fond memories of battles. I'm sure there's more I'm forgetting, so I'll turn it over to other fans of the 4X genre.
I have both games from Impulse (actually the first on retail (imported from USA when Drengin.net was still almost unborn or just born, or something) but I have stopped using Impulse ever since the change to gamestop. I don't trust it or Stardock with all the empty talk over the years and how easily they not only went with DRM (impulse was still DRM but yeah....) but also sold out.

Thankfully I have (no idea where) the retail copy of the first game, and the GOG version. Let's face it, the first GalCiv was the only of the two which I actually enjoyed anyway.
Post edited August 20, 2014 by trusteft
madth3: GreenmanGaming 50 Games you must play before you die. #20 - #12
Dishonored GOTY Edition -75% / $7.49
Seems to be "in stock" now :)
Grargar: ShinyLoot's 101 Days of Summer Daily Deals: Day 83

-Finding Teddy -75%/$1.75 (DRM-Free)
Easily worth the price. Charming game.
madth3: #19
Dishonored GOTY Edition -75% / $7.49
foxworks: Seems to be "in stock" now :)
See? I told them there still some behind those boxes of Capsule-needing stuff no one buys.