It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Foxhack: Um... does anyone have a good source for Happy Hour Indie Galas?

I used to go to a forum to get mine, but since I stopped going there for personal reasons, I don't have a hookup anymore. Sorry for the slight OT.
spoderman: wat. You don't like CAG?
I never said that. The site is okay and so are most of the forum members I've spoken to over my time there. I just... felt the place was too... what's the word. Aggressive? I tend to burn out on forums and take vacations once in a while (it's why I vanished from the GOG forums for a bit some time ago) so I avoid visiting - even logging into - those forums for some time.

That and the focus on hoarding games and selling cards... I just didn't think it was a healthy place for me to be in at this time in my life.

OHMAHGAWD INTERNET SRSBSNS.

I'm messed up in the head. I just take time out from places, that's all. Nothing personal towards you or most of the members there.
spoderman: wat. You don't like CAG?
Foxhack: I never said that. The site is okay and so are most of the forum members I've spoken to over my time there. I just... felt the place was too... what's the word. Aggressive? I tend to burn out on forums and take vacations once in a while (it's why I vanished from the GOG forums for a bit some time ago) so I avoid visiting - even logging into - those forums for some time.

That and the focus on hoarding games and selling cards... I just didn't think it was a healthy place for me to be in at this time in my life.

OHMAHGAWD INTERNET SRSBSNS.

I'm messed up in the head. I just take time out from places, that's all. Nothing personal towards you or most of the members there.
I guess I can understand that, it probably wouldnt hurt to use the forum once in a while to buy a IG happy hour gift though.. I mean, it can be done over PMs and you don't need to read any posts (except for maybe the happy hour thread).
Tarnicus:
So, the US GG version doesn't include M&M VI?

edit: also, the US version is 33% off as well.
Post edited April 27, 2014 by cmdr_flashheart
spoderman: I guess I can understand that, it probably wouldnt hurt to use the forum once in a while to buy a IG happy hour gift though.. I mean, it can be done over PMs and you don't need to read any posts (except for maybe the happy hour thread).
I guess not. We'll see.

(Sorry folks, you can put away the popcorn. There's no drama here.)
I learned that I can no longer use GMG. I bought a new gaming rig with Win 8.1. I tried to buy a couple of games at GMG and their Capsule d/ler wouldn't work for me. I contacted GMG support and was told that they aren't setup for win 8 or 8.1, but might be in the future. Hello !!

Btw...Got my Sleeping Dogs for 3.99 at Steam. I checked out the reviews and utube and thought it sure looked like my kind of game.
marianne: I learned that I can no longer use GMG. I bought a new gaming rig with Win 8.1. I tried to buy a couple of games at GMG and their Capsule d/ler wouldn't work for me. I contacted GMG support and was told that they aren't setup for win 8 or 8.1, but might be in the future. Hello !!
Wow ... Good thing I've never bought from GMG so far. Thanks for the warning!
marianne: I learned that I can no longer use GMG. I bought a new gaming rig with Win 8.1. I tried to buy a couple of games at GMG and their Capsule d/ler wouldn't work for me. I contacted GMG support and was told that they aren't setup for win 8 or 8.1, but might be in the future. Hello !!
Leroux: Wow ... Good thing I've never bought from GMG so far. Thanks for the warning!
Yeah...I was quite surprised. Hard to believe that they aren't setup for win 8. It's not as tho win 8 just arrived on the scene.
Leroux: Wow ... Good thing I've never bought from GMG so far. Thanks for the warning!
marianne: Yeah...I was quite surprised. Hard to believe that they aren't setup for win 8. It's not as tho win 8 just arrived on the scene.
Is Capsule not supporting Win 8 that big of a problem? I mean, is that client something you actually want to use? Honestly, I avoid all GMG titles that require it anyway, like I avoid anything that requires Origin/Uplay etc. I'm pragmatic enough to use Steam, but not willing to deal with more DRM-ish clients. So I just always check before buying there that the title doesn't require Capsule.

Actually, come to think of it, that lack of Win 8 support could be a good thing; maybe it indicates they're going to phase Capsule out, heh.
chean: Some pretty good spacey deals on GMG at the moment: http://www.greenmangaming.com/hot-deals/

E.g. GalCiv II Ultimate at ~75% (with FUSWJT-B1DU64-JBV8UY, though need to have a cart value of >10USD to use that voucher) & Space Rangers HD, Endless Space Gold at ~60% (with same voucher). All Steam, but I suppose that's hardly a surprise.
$9.60 for Stardrive doesn't seem to bad but I've never been able to confirm questions about the game.
The developer locked the game's board on Steam for those who own the game only and they censor posts on that board heavily.

The little I did catch about the game was the developer promised multiplayer that never got finished but all I'm worried about is that the single player game is finished.

The feedback control was a huge red flag.
I believe there's an easy way to circumvent use of the client and only 'logging into' GMG is required.

I use 8.1 and can't recall if I've tried any of my client-dependent titles yet on this new OS but I don't have many as I mostly use Greenman for heavily discounted Steam keys.
Post edited April 28, 2014 by carnival73
marianne: Yeah...I was quite surprised. Hard to believe that they aren't setup for win 8. It's not as tho win 8 just arrived on the scene.
GMG is basically taking the same bold tack as Steam. Except instead of first building support, community, and interest in an alternate platform where they can control their own destiny while weaning their userbase off of a vicious platform cycle, umm. I guess they just blast the bridge they're standing on first, and figure shit out while the river rushes up at them.
carnival73: I believe there's an easy way to circumvent use of the client and only 'logging into' GMG is required.

I use 8.1 and can't recall if I've tried any of my client-dependent titles yet on this new OS but I don't have many as I mostly use Greenman for heavily discounted Steam keys.
Well, the reason I've stayed clear of GMG so far is that I couldn't figure out yet how that service works and that I was suspicious of the games requiring a client in the first place. I (somewhat inconsistently) put up with Steam, Origin and Uplay for the games that are exclusive to these platforms or incredibly cheap, despite preferrign DRM-free purchases, but I suspect GMG has neither the ease-of-use and attractive features of Steam, nor the big exclusive titles like Origin and Uplay, so I see no reason to buy games dependent on their client anyway. Still, it's shocking to learn that if I had done so in the past, there's a chance I couldn't play these games on my new rig anymore. This dependency on unreliable DRM that makes games incompatible with certain system setups is precisely what demonstrated that DRM-free is the better alternative.
carnival73: I believe there's an easy way to circumvent use of the client and only 'logging into' GMG is required.

Leroux: Well, the reason I've stayed clear of GMG so far is that I couldn't figure out yet how that service works and that I was suspicious of the games requiring a client in the first place. I (somewhat inconsistently) put up with Steam, Origin and Uplay for the games that are exclusive to these platforms or incredibly cheap, despite preferrign DRM-free purchases, but I suspect GMG has neither the ease-of-use and attractive features of Steam, nor the big exclusive titles like Origin and Uplay, so I see no reason to buy games dependent on their client anyway. Still, it's shocking to learn that if I had done so in the past, there's a chance I couldn't play these games on my new rig anymore. This dependency on unreliable DRM that makes games incompatible with certain system setups is precisely what demonstrated that DRM-free is the better alternative.
Yeah, you do make a good point - Guess the reason I haven't been put off is simply because 95% of my GMG purchases have been games for Steam.

I have been thinking of putting Tower Bloxx back on again which is GMG client-dependent but I'm kinda thinking that if 8.1 rejects the Capsule client I should be able to NoCD fix it to work or find some other work-around,.

Sticking to only Steam games on GMG however is often times beneficial because of GMG's frequent sales + vouchers + Playfire Rewards (pretty much earn 17 Cents USD (GMG credit) every time you earn one of the many Steam achievements they're featuring).

ie; I've been playing MS's Harvest which I got off GMG last week for a little over 40 cents.
carnival73: $9.60 for Stardrive doesn't seem to bad but I've never been able to confirm questions about the game.
The developer locked the game's board on Steam for those who own the game only and they censor posts on that board heavily.

The little I did catch about the game was the developer promised multiplayer that never got finished but all I'm worried about is that the single player game is finished.

Yes, Stardrive is one of those games that looked promising until I started looking into it more carefully. While it has gotten minor patches in the last six months, consensus seems to be that it's a quite broken, unfinished game which the developer has effectively abandoned in order to develop the sequel, which will be full-price even for those who made it possible, i.e. those who bought the first game. Even if the game seemed better than it does (some design elements seem lazy and sloppy; e.g. the familiar, bear-like Bulrathi of the Master of Orion universe "becoming" the even more bear-like Kulrathi of Stardrive, ugh), I wouldn't want to support that kind of business practice.
carnival73: $9.60 for Stardrive doesn't seem to bad but I've never been able to confirm questions about the game.

chean: Yes, Stardrive is one of those games that looked promising until I started looking into it more carefully. While it has gotten minor patches in the last six months, consensus seems to be that it's a quite broken, unfinished game which the developer has effectively abandoned in order to develop the sequel, which will be full-price even for those who made it possible, i.e. those who bought the first game. Even if the game seemed better than it does (some design elements seem lazy and sloppy; e.g. the familiar, bear-like Bulrathi of the Master of Orion universe "becoming" the even more bear-like Kulrathi of Stardrive, ugh), I wouldn't want to support that kind of business practice.
Yeah, that's what I was afraid of. Think I'll save my $9.60.
Even with such a great price, and if I could get it without capsule, I wouldn't want it just cause it's unfinished. There are many other good, well-done and finished games out there. Besides, I'm one of those who has lots of unplayed games to get to. :D