It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

New Indie Gala weekly
http://www.indiegala.com/weekly

Pay $1 for:

Nuclear Dawn Steam

Cognition Episode 1: The Hangman Desura
Soundtrack included

Pay BTA or more and also get:

Steam Cognition Episode 2: The Wise Monkey Steam

Desura EvilQuest Desura
Soundtrack included
dyscode: Achtung Panzer: Operation Star for $1 min.
GOG Steam Desura.
For $1.20 min you get some War Photo Gallery as Bonus Content
The-Business: It's without the DLCs, isn't it? (Sokolovo 1943 and Volokonovka 1942)
Seem Like. The only bonus they mention is some War Pictures Gallery.
triock: New Indie Gala weekly
Thank you for that! I just finished Ep 1 today, and now I can get Ep 2 for only $2.50 instead of $10. And no wait!

To clarify though for others, Ep 1, 2 and Evilquest are all on Desura, with Steam keys (maybe) later.
http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/at/de/pc/games/shooter/chivalry-medieval-warfare/ round 7$ with voucher
http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-CAVE/the-cave round 6$

I think nobody mentioned them, or maybe I overlooked...
triock: New Indie Gala weekly
http://www.indiegala.com/weekly

Pay $1 for:

Nuclear Dawn Steam

Cognition Episode 1: The Hangman Desura
Soundtrack included

Pay BTA or more and also get:

Steam Cognition Episode 2: The Wise Monkey Steam

Desura EvilQuest Desura
Soundtrack included
If people actually played Nuclear Dawn it would be a decent game but the RTS side of things is only as sophisticated as Iron Grip Warlord with exception the game is team vs team and not co-op tower defense like Iron Grip.

And given that it's almost similar to Section 8 where you can lay down offensive or supply stations.
merow: http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/at/de/pc/games/shooter/chivalry-medieval-warfare/ round 7$ with voucher
http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-CAVE/the-cave round 6$

I think nobody mentioned them, or maybe I overlooked...
I mentioned Chivalry yesterday but it doesn't hurt to repeat for those who might not scroll a couple of pages back.
Post edited April 23, 2013 by carnival73
Dragon Age Origins Ultimate Edition 75% off in Steam
BlueMooner: So you play different people in 1 and 2?
Psyringe: Yes. Also, I agree 100% with AFnord. The main character of BM1 isn't the most likeable chap either, but there it worked. In BM2 and BM3, the main character is simply a brat - often rude and cynical towards others, without any redeeming qualities. He's simply annoying. The game is still pretty good though, especially towards the end.
Wow. Considering how odious I found the main character in BM1, I have a hard time imagining the one in the sequels being worse. I may have to play them now just to see that.

The main character in 1 wasn't so bad outwardly (though he was a bit bland and condescending), but if you stop and think about it, he pretty much acts like a sociopathic asshole throughout the entire game. (SPOILERS AHEAD!)

-He fakes up an important reagent in a chemist's experiments rather than just walk to town and buy some, because he's too impatient to get what he needs from the guy, and apparently doesn't care if the guy dies in an explosion. And then there is in fact an explosion, ruining years of research and God knows how much expensive equipment, and possibly sending the chemist down the wrong path and causing him to waste his few remaining years of life trying to figure out what went wrong. Asshole.
-He electrocutes an orderly into unconsciousness just to steal his keys. And this wasn't some evil orderly; he was just some guy doing his job who was in our hero's way. That electroshock could have killed him; certainly he's going to have some nasty burns on his hands when he wakes up. Asshole.
-Ditto for that poor bastard in the boiler room. First our hero drugs him into unconsciousness when he has no idea what an appropriate or safe dose of the drug is, and then he endangers the guy's life by throwing toxic materials into the boiler and filling the room with poisonous smoke. Just because he needs to sneak past the guy. That dude probably lost his job and had lung problems for the rest of his life. Asshole.
-He constantly refuses to help the police, despite having game-changing evidence, because he wants to be the one to figure out this mystery and how dare some buttinsky copper move in on his turf and try to "solve crimes"? In fact, on several occasions he actively hinders the cop by feeding him misinformation or concealing or tampering with crime-scene evidence. I mean, the guy knows where to find a dumpster full of human bodies, but does he say anything? Nah, then the police might waste his precious time with more of their annoying "questions". Asshole.
-He locks the gravedigger in a tomb after the guy just went out of his way to help him! And then he walks away without even telling anyone. Hopefully the padre heard his screaming and let him out, but it's entirely possible that he starved to death in there. Asshole.

All of this wouldn't be so bad if it were even remotely justified by the circumstances, like if the hero were trying to avert the end of the world or something. But for most of the game, he's just satisfying his private curiosity. There were honestly times when I couldn't figure out how to solve a puzzle, simply because it didn't occur to me that the hero would do something so horrible just to bypass a comparatively trivial obstacle.
dyscode: Achtung Panzer: Operation Star for $1 min.
GOG Steam Desura.
For $1.20 min you get some War Photo Gallery as Bonus Content
The-Business: It's without the DLCs, isn't it? (Sokolovo 1943 and Volokonovka 1942)
dyscode: Seem Like. The only bonus they mention is some War Pictures Gallery.
I think its also worth a mention that the original developer, Graviteam, probably dont get a huge cut from the sales, if at all. A big Strategy First sale contained Operation Star and two DLCs a few monhs back, and some people asked why they were outdated compared to Gamersgate versions.
A dev replied they had serious issues with Strategy First, so they left them, but SF still sold their game regardless, altough in an outdated version(kinda like Paradox did with Achtung Panzer: Kharkov 1943, the "prequel" to Operation Star). The devs only update their Gamersgate versions now, all of their DLCs are all GG exclusive, and only advertise GG pages of their games.
Word has it, that most western publishers(Paradox, Strategy First, Steel Fury publisher Discus, Steel Armor publisher UIG) bumraped them legally with the western release versions of their games(as in they didnt pay royalties fully or at all), and they are practically living off of Gamersgate sales of Operation Star and its DLCs. I cant show you concrete evidence, but Graviteam wouldnt be the first indie dev Strategy First swindled out of its money, so i cant recommend buying that pack. :(

On a technical note, Indiegamestand is offering a DRM free download, so it should work with the official patch, and be compatible with the official DLCs including Operation Hooper.

Speaking of which, Operation Star and its first 3 DLCs are still on sale at GamersGate, 5.76€ for the main game and the devs will surely get their cut. :)
Post edited April 23, 2013 by p_mamusz
Very nice to see Cognition 1 and 2 together in a bundle. Very much looking forward to that series. I am a stubborn mule however and I do not buy episodic games unless I am assured I can get all episodes, preferably all in one purchase. Seeing The first two games offered together gives me a small glimmer of optimism that once all are available, there just may be a Cognition bundle, of sorts.

Of course I also hope that by then the games are available on GoG.
HeDanny: Very nice to see Cognition 1 and 2 together in a bundle. Very much looking forward to that series. I am a stubborn mule however and I do not buy episodic games unless I am assured I can get all episodes, preferably all in one purchase. Seeing The first two games offered together gives me a small glimmer of optimism that once all are available, there just may be a Cognition bundle, of sorts.

Of course I also hope that by then the games are available on GoG.
I couldn't hold longer with that price. It was cheap enough for me. =)
Also that Snes looking game.. Well, I eventually could try it.

Still, that site is so poorly designed that I once again wondered 15 minutes where are my keys and or how to log in.
Azilut:
The entertainment I got out of reading that post almost justifys the existence of that game for me.
Psyringe: Yes. Also, I agree 100% with AFnord. The main character of BM1 isn't the most likeable chap either, but there it worked. In BM2 and BM3, the main character is simply a brat - often rude and cynical towards others, without any redeeming qualities. He's simply annoying. The game is still pretty good though, especially towards the end.
Azilut: Wow. Considering how odious I found the main character in BM1, I have a hard time imagining the one in the sequels being worse. I may have to play them now just to see that.

The main character in 1 wasn't so bad outwardly (though he was a bit bland and condescending), but if you stop and think about it, he pretty much acts like a sociopathic asshole throughout the entire game.
(Spoilers ahead!)

Darren (the main character of BM2 and BM3) basically shows the same disregard for other people's well-being, just without the "British Gentleman" veneer that Samuel (from BM1) has. Personally, I could believe in Samuel's actions as a result of his upbringing (polite upper-class arrogance), his mental state (one of the first things you learn about him is that he's taking medication), and the fact that he's somehow strongly driven to solve the mystery. The happenings around the laboratory in Wales show pretty well that Samuel didn't intentionally endanger his uncle - he's just so completely focused on solving the mystery that the potential dangers of faking a reagent didn't even occur to him until it was too late. I also do understand that he didn't inform the police - Inspector Collier was so obviously not interested in investigating the case of the drowned gardener any further, that I actually questioned his motives, I would have been careful around him as well.

Darren (in BM2 and BM3) is similarly self-centered, but also keeps spouting rude, bratty, or cynical remarks. I guess they wanted an "edgy" main character, which is okay and even makes sense if you know the whole story, but the writing simply wasn't good enough to pull it off, so he just comes across as a jerk.
For fucks sake can people be kind enough not to talk or put up spoilers for games????????
This is a gaming deals thread... Sheesh.
dyscode: Seem Like. The only bonus they mention is some War Pictures Gallery.
The screenshots actually show pictures from one of the expansions. A bit misleading if it is not included (in fact it shows screenshots from the most recent one)

And it's a shame to hear that Gravteam has been treated so badly by western publishers. Achtung Panzer is quite unique in its playstyle. Imagine a mix between Combat Mission & Close Combat, on far larger maps, and with a strategic map mode thrown in for good measure. The series is very well designed, though it is not incredibly approachable (which is its only major drawback, for people interested in slightly slow-paced strategy/tactics games).
Post edited April 23, 2013 by AFnord
dyscode: on GG Sale for us Adventure Lovers :

Gray Matter €4.50, $5, -50% DRM Free

Hoodwink €4.25,$5 , DRM Free

The Rocking Dead €4.74. $5, -75%, DRM Free

Edna & Harvey - The Breakout €$3, -85% DRM Free

RPGs:
Alpha Protocol €$3.74, -75%, DRM Free

Grotesque Tactics 2 €$3, -70%, DRM Free

Holy Avatar vs. Maidens of the Dead €$3, -70%, DRM Free
Can anybody confirm if Gray Matter is in fact DRM-Free?

Also, why there are Gamersgate.com and Gamersgate.uk? Where should a guy from Portugal buy gamersgate games? Do they have any kind of regional restriction on their games, or can I buy games from the .com site without any worries?

Do they work like GOG (meaning, I have access through my browser to download the installers)?