It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Is Just Cause 2 any good anyone know?

Yes if you like a lot of freedom and sandbox-games. But its a lot darker and agressive than the first game, would like it more colourfull and "funny" like part 1 but its a great game where you can move very fast through a huge area^^

Greets!
Anyone know when the Amazon daily deal ends?
I might just be interested in Borderlands 2.
Most of the Borderlands 2 stuff listed above is stupid costume packs or cheat-style upgrades. That stuff really doesn't count as DLC not included unless you have OCD.

It's only lacking Mechromancer which a) sounds stupid anyway, and b) doesn't ruin the amazing deal of getting everything else BL2 related for $25 total. The original price for the game and season pass was $90, so it's a $65 discount.
Bundle Stars 6 - Catnip Bundle

http://www.bundlestars.com/

$6 / £ 3.94 for:

Pushcat (Desura)
Metal Drift (Steam)
Wasteland Angel (Steam)
Obulis (Steam)
Nikopol: Secrets of the Immortals (Steam)
Chains (Steam)
Post Mortem (Steam)
Avencast: RIse of the Mage (Steam)
??????? (Steam)
??????? (Steam)
PenutBrittle: New Get Loaded. Mostly repeats from earlier sales (2K in particular) but still a really excellent deal.

http://getloadedgo.com/

EDIT: Might as well list the games. Pick any 2 for $10.

Mafia II
Spec Ops: The Line
Darksiders II
Batman Arkham City
Batman Arkham Asylum
Deus Ex Human Revolution
Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising
Civilization V
Borderlands Game of the Year Edition
Just Cause 2
Lego Harry Potter years 5-7
Dirt 2
Quantum Conundrum
Serious Sam 3
W00t, thanks, that looks good! =)
But wait, does DEHR have DLCs? And are they on sale from time to time?
Reever: W00t, thanks, that looks good! =)
But wait, does DEHR have DLCs? And are they on sale from time to time?
This pack doesn't include the DLC, but it goes cheap on Steam and elsewhere fairly often. It's also fairly optional with regards to the main game; two of the DLCs are just weapons and a very short mission. The only substantial DLC is Missing Link, which is a separate campaign and regularly goes on sale for around $3.75.
Carrver86: Thats not a bad deal. Is Just Cause 2 any good anyone know?
Yes, it's actually pretty awesome. It's an open world game that is very good at setting the stage for crazy over the top moments. Lots of explosions, lots of falling buildings, lots of grappling hook shenanigans.

Here's an anecdote that should tell you all you need to know. I was in one of the smaller villages with a very high wanted rating. A helicopter flew in and I shot it with an RPG. Unfortunately, the helicopter smashed into a radio tower, which exploded. A gigantic shard of radio tower was falling directly towards me, and in a panic I tapped the grapple button. Of course, this caused me to fly through the air and grab onto the side of this hunk of metal, which hit the ground, bounced, and then went over a hill. I clung to the side of the tower as it bounced and rolled down the hill, before slowing to a stop. The three or four police cars that were after me didn't, though, and rammed into the side. As you might expect, the explosion was glorious.

The main missions are kind of forgettable, but just messing around in the world is excellent.
Post edited April 05, 2013 by PenutBrittle
PenutBrittle: This pack doesn't include the DLC, but it goes cheap on Steam and elsewhere fairly often. It's also fairly optional with regards to the main game; two of the DLCs are just weapons and a very short mission. The only substantial DLC is Missing Link, which is a separate campaign and regularly goes on sale for around $3.75.
Great, that's what I wanted to know! Now, what other games would you guys recomment to an RPG fan?
Some of the games I'm interested in have some RPG elements, but since I'm not that good even with action/adventure games (I suck even at PoP :( ) I have to pay attention what I buy :D

These are the games I'd be interested in:
Borderlands
Darksiders 2
Batman game (though those are pure action...but it's BATMAN xD)

Or I'll just get Civ 5. I loved Civ 4 (although I think I have always cheated, but it was fun :P).
The other games all look like shooters, so nothing for me there.

Does that site have such promos more often?
What about Mafia II, is it as sweet as the original?
I just don't understand the Darksiders 2 hype . Isn't it a console port ? ( graphics ad controlls )
Post edited April 05, 2013 by ne_zavarj
Profanity: What about Mafia II, is it as sweet as the original?
Not really. Though I played first Mafia quite some time ago, but Mafia II just didn't feel the same. I found the story and missions somewhat weak.
Post edited April 05, 2013 by AzureKite
Reever: Borderlands
Well, it does have a Diablo-style loot system and skill points. However, it is otherwise a pretty typical shooter, the RPG influences are pretty subdued. I like it a lot, but I wouldn't recommend it to someone who like shooters.
Reever: Darksiders 2
I would give this one a thumbs up, but you mentioned that you even have trouble with PoP :). This is essentially Zelda mixed with PoP plus a loot system. There's a lot of combat that requires fairly good timing, but I think there's an easier difficulty if you aren't great at action games.
Reever: Batman game (though those are pure action...but it's BATMAN xD)
These are probably my favourites out of your picks. There's a lot of action, but also a lot of stealth. Excellent games. Be warned, however, that Steam no longer sells the DLC for Arkham City separately. You would need to rebuy the GOTY edition, which is irritating.
Reever: Or I'll just get Civ 5. I loved Civ 4 (although I think I have always cheated, but it was fun :P).
Civ V is quite different from 4, but you might dig some of the improvements. The fact that you can no longer have stacks of units makes combat far more satisfying.
Reever: Does that site have such promos more often?
They do promos fairly often, something like twice a month or so for 72 hours. You have to be careful to check what kind of DRM comes with the games (usually a Steam key, but sometimes not).
Reever: Borderlands
PenutBrittle: Well, it does have a Diablo-style loot system and skill points. However, it is otherwise a pretty typical shooter, the RPG influences are pretty subdued. I like it a lot, but I wouldn't recommend it to someone who like shooters.
Reever: Darksiders 2
PenutBrittle: I would give this one a thumbs up, but you mentioned that you even have trouble with PoP :). This is essentially Zelda mixed with PoP plus a loot system. There's a lot of combat that requires fairly good timing, but I think there's an easier difficulty if you aren't great at action games.
Reever: Batman game (though those are pure action...but it's BATMAN xD)
PenutBrittle: These are probably my favourites out of your picks. There's a lot of action, but also a lot of stealth. Excellent games. Be warned, however, that Steam no longer sells the DLC for Arkham City separately. You would need to rebuy the GOTY edition, which is irritating.
Reever: Or I'll just get Civ 5. I loved Civ 4 (although I think I have always cheated, but it was fun :P).
PenutBrittle: Civ V is quite different from 4, but you might dig some of the improvements. The fact that you can no longer have stacks of units makes combat far more satisfying.
Reever: Does that site have such promos more often?
PenutBrittle: They do promos fairly often, something like twice a month or so for 72 hours. You have to be careful to check what kind of DRM comes with the games (usually a Steam key, but sometimes not).
Thanks again! Okay, then I'll stay away from Batman: Arkham City for now. For Darksiders 2 I might await a promo where it comes together with the first part....
I'll probably just get Civ 5, at least I know that's a game I'll enjoy =) (and I guess the DLC also go on sale now and then?).
PenutBrittle: Well, it does have a Diablo-style loot system and skill points. However, it is otherwise a pretty typical shooter, the RPG influences are pretty subdued. I like it a lot, but I wouldn't recommend it to someone who like shooters.

I would give this one a thumbs up, but you mentioned that you even have trouble with PoP :). This is essentially Zelda mixed with PoP plus a loot system. There's a lot of combat that requires fairly good timing, but I think there's an easier difficulty if you aren't great at action games.

These are probably my favourites out of your picks. There's a lot of action, but also a lot of stealth. Excellent games. Be warned, however, that Steam no longer sells the DLC for Arkham City separately. You would need to rebuy the GOTY edition, which is irritating.

Civ V is quite different from 4, but you might dig some of the improvements. The fact that you can no longer have stacks of units makes combat far more satisfying.

They do promos fairly often, something like twice a month or so for 72 hours. You have to be careful to check what kind of DRM comes with the games (usually a Steam key, but sometimes not).
Reever: Thanks again! Okay, then I'll stay away from Batman: Arkham City for now. For Darksiders 2 I might await a promo where it comes together with the first part....
I'll probably just get Civ 5, at least I know that's a game I'll enjoy =) (and I guess the DLC also go on sale now and then?).
Arkham City, even without whatever DLCs it may have, is an extremely strong game. You might be waiting a whiiiile for the GOTY version to go on sale.
Profanity: Arkham City, even without whatever DLCs it may have, is an extremely strong game. You might be waiting a whiiiile for the GOTY version to go on sale.
Will do exactly that, probably. It's just that it's not that high on my priority list =) (but yeah, Batman is great and I heard the games are great, so I thought about getting them at one point!).
Profanity: Arkham City, even without whatever DLCs it may have, is an extremely strong game. You might be waiting a whiiiile for the GOTY version to go on sale.
Actually, the GOTY version goes on sale quite a bit.

Hell, I'm seeing that it's 66% off right now on Steam for some reason. Can't figure out why, though.