It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

The new groupees bundle is impressive. Kings Bounty Warriors of the North!

BUT, any DRM?
Artki: The new groupees bundle is impressive. Kings Bounty Warriors of the North!

BUT, any DRM?
Steam
dyscode: If someone has any feedback on Warriors of the North, please share it.
Today has been a big update on Steam but the gameplay seems to be
just more of the same.
AFnord: From what I've heard others say, it is basically a repeat on King's Bounty: The Legend & King's Bounty: Armored Princess, but with some new units and some minor mechanics alterations. If you liked the previous games and don't mind playing another night identical game (but with a different story), then it should appeal to you.
WoN have only new units (for you), all are nord/vikings. Game is much harder then other KB.
summitus: I don't get it .. why sad face ?
i'm broke
They keep not discounting Risen 2's DLC when there is a Risen 2 sale. Annoying.
Artki: The new groupees bundle is impressive. Kings Bounty Warriors of the North!

BUT, any DRM?
Unfortunately, Warriors of the North shipped as a bug infested mess. They are still working on fixing it with the latest patch being released today as someone above mentioned I think. I suspect this may have something to do with its value plummeting so quickly. It was yet another game shipped before it was properly tested and ready to go.

But the developers have been continually working to fix it so far. I posted on the Steam forums asking players to report what kind of shape the game is in now. You might want to check there and see what news there could be about that.
StingingVelvet: They keep not discounting Risen 2's DLC when there is a Risen 2 sale. Annoying.
Bastards!
Post edited January 29, 2013 by dirtyharry50

BUT, any DRM?
AFnord: Steam
Yeah, just got the bundle. Steam is acceptable. (especially at THIS price). But there's also a download. I wonder if that's a steam archive or a stand-alone with some other DRM.

> Unfortunately, Warriors of the North shipped as a bug infested mess. They are still working on fixing it with the latest patch being released today as someone above mentioned I think. I suspect this may have something to do with its value plummeting so quickly. It was yet another game shipped before it was properly tested and ready to go.

But the developers have been continually working to fix it so far. I posted on the Steam forums asking players to report what kind of shape the game is in now. You might want to check there and see what news there could be about that.

Ahhh, thanks for the tip. Since I have a bandwidth cap I'll wait until it's less buggy before downloading.
Post edited January 29, 2013 by Artki
Artki: ... there's also a download. I wonder if that's a steam archive or a stand-alone with some other DRM.
I downloaded the 'PC' link for Warriors of the North from the Groupees bundle, and it's just the soundtrack (~50mb download). So it does seem to be Steam-only, at least right now.
Artki: ... there's also a download. I wonder if that's a steam archive or a stand-alone with some other DRM.
Garugo: I downloaded the 'PC' link for Warriors of the North from the Groupees bundle, and it's just the soundtrack (~50mb download). So it does seem to be Steam-only, at least right now.
Oh, good. I should get that.
Garugo: I downloaded the 'PC' link for Warriors of the North from the Groupees bundle, and it's just the soundtrack (~50mb download). So it does seem to be Steam-only, at least right now.
Hey mate,
What format is the soundtrack in? 128/192k mp3 ill guess?
nijuu: Hey mate,
What format is the soundtrack in? 128/192k mp3 ill guess?
Looked at a few of the tracks and all of them were 192 kbps. I think it's a safe bet that the rest are like that. Also, it's 18 tracks across two CDs.
OMG....check out the upcoming bundles on Amazon....sounds like it will start tomorrow. Wish I hadn't used up my last coupon but that 2012 package looks like its still worth it. All those games w/ their DLC's!

All will be included in the EC promotion.

1. Pint Sized Paradox Package - $7.49 ($2.49 after coupon all Steam) contains:

Warlock: Master of the Arcane
Majesty Gold - HD
Majesty 2 Collection
Crusader Kings II: Songs of the Holy Land
Crusader Kings II: Songs of the Faith
Crusader Kings II: Songs of the Albion
Crusader Kings II: Ruler Designer DLC
Crusader Kings II: Mongols DLC Pack
Crusader Kings II: Dynasty Shields DLC Pack

2. Plentiful Paradox Package - $9.99 ($4.99 after coupon) all activate on Steam, contains:

Crusader Kings II
Magicka Collection
Magicka The Stars Are Left DLC
Sword of the Stars - Complete Collection
Sword of the Stars II: Enhanced Edition
Victoria II

3. Paradox Majesty Franchise - $9.99 ($4.99 after coupon) all activate on Steam, contains:

Defenders of Ardania Battlemagic
Defenders of Ardania
Defenders of Ardania: The Conjurer's Tricks DLC
Majesty 2 Collection
Majesty Gold - HD
Warlock Master of the Arcane Master of Artifacts DLC
Warlock Master of the Arcane Power of the Serpent DLC
Warlock Master of the Arcane Return of the Elves DLC
Warlock Master of the Arcane Powerful Lords DLC
Warlock Master of the Arcane

4. Paradox War Chest - $7.49 (2.49 after coupon) all Steam except Achtung Panzer contains:

Achtung Panzer Kharkov 1943 - NOT STEAM
Gettysburg: Armored Warfare
Hearts of Iron III Collection
King Arthur Collections
King Arthur II
Victoria II
Victoria II: A House Divided - Expansion
Additionally, sometime tomorrow (when OPS is done making the bundles) these will go on sale:

5. Paradox 2012 Pack - $14.99 ($9.99 after coupon) I'll have to reconcile tomorrow what activates on Steam:

A Game Of Dwarves
A Game of Dwarves: Ale Pack
A Game of Dwarves: Star Dwarves
Crusader King Complete
Crusader Kings II
Crusader Kings II: African Portraits
Crusader Kings II: African Unit Pack DLC
Crusader Kings II: Byzantine Unit Pack
Crusader Kings II: Dynasty Shield II
Crusader Kings II: Dynasty Shields DLC Pack
Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
Crusader Kings II: Mediterranean Portraits DLC
Crusader Kings II: Mongols DLC Pack
Crusader Kings II: Ruler Designer DLC
Crusader Kings II: Russian Portraits
Crusader Kings II: Russian Unit Pack
Crusader Kings II: Songs of Albion DLC
Crusader Kings II: Songs of Byzantium
Crusader Kings II: Songs of Faith DLC
Crusader Kings II: Songs of Prosperity DLC
Crusader Kings II: Songs of the Caliph DLC
Crusader Kings II: Songs of the Holy Land DLC
Crusader Kings II: Songs of the RU
Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
Crusader Kings II: The Republic DLC
Starvoid
War of the Roses - House of York Deluxe Edition
War of the Roses: House of Lancaster Armor Set DLC
War of the Roses: House of York Armor Set DLC
Warlock Master of the Arcane Master of Artifacts DLC
Warlock Master of the Arcane Power of the Serpent DLC
Warlock Master of the Arcane Return of the Elves DLC
Warlock Master of the Arcane: Armageddon
Warlock: Master of the Arcane
Warlock: Master of the Arcane - Powerful Lords DLC

6. Crusader Kings Pack - $9.99 ($4.99 after coupon): All Crusader Kings Content Amazon Digital Carries (Crusader Kings Complete + Crusader Kings II + DLC).
Post edited January 29, 2013 by teshra
teshra: OMG....check out the upcoming bundles on Amazon....sounds like it will start tomorrow. Wish I hadn't used up my last coupon but that 2012 package looks like its still worth it. All those games w/ their DLC's!

All will be included in the EC promotion.
Thanks for that. The Paradox 2012 sounds a great deal if you want CK2 complete and Warlock (and all current DLC).Dunno about War of Roses (its MP only?).
Pack 3 is missing the most current Warlock DLC which the big pack has got.....oh well i should get it for the CK2 dlc as well..
1. - 4. already live:

1. Pint Sized Paradox Package - $7.49 ($2.49 after coupon), all activate on Steam

2. Plentiful Paradox Package - $9.99 ($4.99 after coupon), all activate on Steam

3. Paradox Majesty Franchise - $9.99 ($4.99 after coupon), all activate on Steam

4. Paradox War Chest - $7.49 (2.49 after coupon), all activate on Steam except Achtung Panzer!

5. and 6. probably sometime tomorrow afternoon PST.
nijuu: Pack 3 is missing the most current Warlock DLC which the big pack has got.....oh well i should get it for the CK2 dlc as well..
Yah, been looking it over some more and I think I like pack 3 better too. I have CK2 and many of its DLC already (the latest one should be on a solo sale sometime before I'm ready to play that game again). War of the Roses is MP. So the only thing that I want atm is Warlock but Armageddon is missing in pack 3. Majesty 2 has always been on my low priority wishlist as well.
Heh, thanks for helping me consider the other pack :).