It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

the_bard: The thread I read said they were working to automate this process. Pre-orders may be a whole other can of worms. I don't know. I bought mine and used it almost immediately and it worked.
Funnily enough, they've had the same issue with Alan Wake keys going by a Tweet they posted. While they are being issued to some without issue, others simply aren't getting their keys. Having suffered a similar problem with my Saints Row The Third pre-order, I simply no longer pre-order from them.

mavilla: Hi!

I own Neverwinter nights 2 from Steam. Is 'mysteries of westgate', sold at GG, compatible with the Steam version of the game?

Thank you!
Yes. I have personally checked this. See here: http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2035516
Post edited February 17, 2012 by bansama
Mind, Mysteries of Westgate still requires online activation after each installation, even though it's unlimited now.
the_bard: The thread I read said they were working to automate this process. Pre-orders may be a whole other can of worms. I don't know. I bought mine and used it almost immediately and it worked.
bansama: Funnily enough, they've had the same issue with Alan Wake keys going by a Tweet they posted. While they are being issued to some without issue, others simply aren't getting their keys. Having suffered a similar problem with my Saints Row The Third pre-order, I simply no longer pre-order from them.

mavilla: Hi!

I own Neverwinter nights 2 from Steam. Is 'mysteries of westgate', sold at GG, compatible with the Steam version of the game?

Thank you!
bansama: Yes. I have personally checked this. See here: http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2035516
So how do we get it to work? Do I install mysteries in the steam apps folder?
Post edited February 17, 2012 by abolat
No, you just run the install from GG, the Steam version has all the registry keys so it finds the base game without problems.

You run it like a new campaign from the main menu.
I would recommend disabling any Cloud or auto-update options in Steam, because it might try to repair your files (which are modified by the extra content).
Post edited February 17, 2012 by DodoGeo
abolat: interesting... is this true for all games on steam? Can I have the base game on steam and get the expansion on retail or from another DD site?
No. Some games are compatible with non-Steam addons, some are not. It really depends on the game and the dev.
DodoGeo: No, you just run the install from GG, the Steam version has all the registry keys so it finds the base game without problems.

You run it like a new campaign from the main menu.
I would recommend disabling any Cloud or auto-update options in Steam, because it might try to repair your files (which are modified by the extra content).
abolat: interesting... is this true for all games on steam? Can I have the base game on steam and get the expansion on retail or from another DD site?
Foxhack: No. Some games are compatible with non-Steam addons, some are not. It really depends on the game and the dev.
interesting how both of your quotes are similar :) looking/staring at you (kid)

thanks for the answers btw :)
grviper: Mind, Mysteries of Westgate still requires online activation after each installation, even though it's unlimited now.
Oddly enough if you buy the NWN Complete Collection from GG you don't get an activation key for Mysteries of Westgate. Do you think that's a mistake or maybe the Complete Collection is different? I got keys for NWN, Shadows of Undrentide, Hordes of the Underdark, NWN2, Mask of the Betrayer, and Storm of Zehir only.
<span class="bold">Mass Effect 2 for $4.99</span> on Amazon
Post edited February 17, 2012 by Revisor
regular or deluxe?
grviper: Mind, Mysteries of Westgate still requires online activation after each installation, even though it's unlimited now.
OmegaX: Oddly enough if you buy the NWN Complete Collection from GG you don't get an activation key for Mysteries of Westgate. Do you think that's a mistake or maybe the Complete Collection is different? I got keys for NWN, Shadows of Undrentide, Hordes of the Underdark, NWN2, Mask of the Betrayer, and Storm of Zehir only.
I think that may be a mistake because the complete edition seems to mention that NWN2 comes with 3 expansion packs. You should contact support about it.
abolat: So how do we get it to work? Do I install mysteries in the steam apps folder?
If you read the linked thread you'd know. You simply install it. It'll find where the base game is, itself.
Standard version. The digital deluxe is 7.49 USD.
I link to the regular edition. "Deluxe" is just a couple of useless things that don't influence the game itself IMO.
OmegaX: Oddly enough if you buy the NWN Complete Collection from GG you don't get an activation key for Mysteries of Westgate. Do you think that's a mistake or maybe the Complete Collection is different? I got keys for NWN, Shadows of Undrentide, Hordes of the Underdark, NWN2, Mask of the Betrayer, and Storm of Zehir only.
Is there any multiplayer-part in it so you need a key for online-play? I also bought the bundle, installed it and tested it with starting Mysteries of Westgate. It started without a problem, but I didn't played it. The only problem I found so far is is the silverface bug from NWN1, which can be solved by reinstalling the patch 1.69.Like gogs release except kingmaker all other premium modules are missing, but there is no problem to download them for free.

Btw, except the serial numbers there was nothing visible regarding drm. Unfortunately I forgot to disable internet while installing it to see if there going on something in the background.
Post edited February 17, 2012 by DukeNukemForever
DotEmu weekend deal: 25 Strategy First games for 50% off (1.99 € / 2.49 $ - 3.74 € / 4.99 $).

The offer includes Flatout 2, Space Empires IV, Star Fury, the three Pro Pinball games, adventures They Abbey (not the Director's Cut though) and A Vampyre Story, two Disciples titles, several Jagged Alliance titles, and some more.
Post edited February 17, 2012 by Psyringe
The first Mass effect is on Amazon, too, for $4.99.

(I was just going to buy it, then I saw all the SecuROM and 3 activations and on-line requirements. And it's EA. I almost broke my vow.)

http://www.amazon.com/Electronic-Arts-40465Mass-Effect-Download/dp/B00477472Y/
Post edited February 17, 2012 by Tallima