It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

cypherpunkswrite: Retail box not being a store?
If this better retail version is still available/supported then I'd say it is a "store".
Spellforce 3 Fallen God standalone dlc. I believe the gog version is still on a version that dates to 2021 and has issues linking to the other spellforce 3 games, due to being out of date. Which is pretty bad.
alexandros050: If the GOG version is the same as the other stores then it is not a 2nd class citizen.
cypherpunkswrite is right. While other digital retailers may sell the same version, missing content compared to the retail build is at the very least worth pointing out. It is then up to the customer to make the informed decision whether he wants to still buy the digital version or if he should go bargain hunting on ebay for the feature-complete retail version.
fronzelneekburm: cypherpunkswrite is right. While other digital retailers may sell the same version, missing content compared to the retail build is at the very least worth pointing out. It is then up to the customer to make the informed decision whether he wants to still buy the digital version or if he should go bargain hunting on ebay for the feature-complete retail version.
Problem is that in most cases publishers for retail and digital versions differ so it is not exactly fair to call it second class treatment. It might be the same from the customer's POV but from the publisher's POV they treat everybody the same.
MarkoH01: Problem is that in most cases publishers for retail and digital versions differ so it is not exactly fair to call it second class treatment. It might be the same from the customer's POV but from the publisher's POV they treat everybody the same.
By the same token, we shouldn't be including missing Mac or Linux builds when they are handled by other publishers, but we do.

On the other hand, this argument could also be used to include games with missing old retail Mac/Linux builds, but one of the thread creators shot down the idea years ago to limit themselves to essentially digital:
https://www.gog.com/forum/general/games_that_treat_gog_customers_as_second_class_citizens_v2/post403
Post edited May 22, 2022 by Grargar
fronzelneekburm: cypherpunkswrite is right. While other digital retailers may sell the same version, missing content compared to the retail build is at the very least worth pointing out. It is then up to the customer to make the informed decision whether he wants to still buy the digital version or if he should go bargain hunting on ebay for the feature-complete retail version.
MarkoH01: Problem is that in most cases publishers for retail and digital versions differ so it is not exactly fair to call it second class treatment. It might be the same from the customer's POV but from the publisher's POV they treat everybody the same.
Good points from Grargar!

Personally, I think for me this mostly boils down to rather having more info on the list than less. I'd have liked to have known about the missing content beforehand.

On the flipside, the censored versions of Fallout 1 & 2 aren't on the list either, since it's censored across all digital storefronts, so I suppose not adding Worms Armageddon would be consistent.
fronzelneekburm: Good points from Grargar!

Personally, I think for me this mostly boils down to rather having more info on the list than less. I'd have liked to have known about the missing content beforehand.

On the flipside, the censored versions of Fallout 1 & 2 aren't on the list either, since it's censored across all digital storefronts, so I suppose not adding Worms Armageddon would be consistent.
gog has censored fallouts? how? ive got some old version of fallouts from gog (currently unavalaiable from store) and theyre fine.
high rated
The rules on what is considered for the list and what isn't, might not be entirely consistent, but the general idea is that we compare games that are actively sold on any PC shopfront.

Given the general shift to digital releases for PC, we more or less rule out any retail versions because in most cases these are old copies still being around. And after market/second hand shops/platforms don't count.
It's fine that people might disagree, but that's the decision we made for this list. People are free to compile a separate list for that. It would be more fitting for a list that documents (unofficial) tweaks and additions.

We don't include achievements or cloud saves here either – again people may disagree, which is fine. There is a dedicated list for achievements for that reason.

Leaderboards are a slightly different case, before anyone asks, we do consider them here. I'd personally think that they are an edge case.

And for third party Mac/Linux builds, we consider those that are sold alongside their first party Windows versions. Buying a Feral/Aspyr port usually grants the Windows version too (and vice versa), which is why they become relevant.
The exception would be the Mac Store, but there hasn't been any case where this might come into play so far.

Again, not asking you to agree but only to understand that we made some decisions for the list. None of them are set in stone, it's possible to reconsider them but at least for old retail copies it's very unlikely.
fronzelneekburm: Good points from Grargar!

blutok: gog has censored fallouts? how? ive got some old version of fallouts from gog (currently unavalaiable from store) and theyre fine.
This thread might be relevant: https://www.gog.com/forum/fallout_series/is_fallout_2_on_gog_censored
blutok: gog has censored fallouts? how? ive got some old version of fallouts from gog (currently unavalaiable from store) and theyre fine.
^^Case in point that maybe Worms Armageddon and Fallout 1&2 should be added to the list. It IS relevant info that people might want to know about before buying these games.

Long story short: IIRC all digital retailers sell a censored version that's based on the European retail version (which removes all the children from the game). Only the US retail version is fully uncut.
Seems like Biomutant (the actual game. I see the soundtrack is on the list) is out of date. GOGDB shows the last update was v1.4 while on STEAMDB is says it shows there was v1.5 and even a few more updates after that.
Crimson-X: Seems like Biomutant (the actual game. I see the soundtrack is on the list) is out of date. GOGDB shows the last update was v1.4 while on STEAMDB is says it shows there was v1.5 and even a few more updates after that.
Are you sure ?

According to steamdb last update was 05.11.021.
According to gogdb last update was also 05.11.021.

Maybe just version difference or some mistake with version number on GOG page.

I don't own the game but maybe someone can check if the 1.5 features is exists in current build.
Crimson-X: Seems like Biomutant (the actual game. I see the soundtrack is on the list) is out of date. GOGDB shows the last update was v1.4 while on STEAMDB is says it shows there was v1.5 and even a few more updates after that.
Edward_Carnby: Are you sure ?

According to steamdb last update was 05.11.021.
According to gogdb last update was also 05.11.021.

Maybe just version difference or some mistake with version number on GOG page.

I don't own the game but maybe someone can check if the 1.5 features is exists in current build.
Seems to be a mistake from GOG.. They didn't change the version number in the offline installers

https://www.gog.com/forum/biomutant/patch_15_and_hotfix_151_has_been_released/post9
Expeditions: Rome is on version 1.4 on GOG, while Steam received a 1.4.1 patch that fixed some bugs.
fronzelneekburm: ^^Case in point that maybe Worms Armageddon and Fallout 1&2 should be added to the list. It IS relevant info that people might want to know about before buying these games.

Long story short: IIRC all digital retailers sell a censored version that's based on the European retail version (which removes all the children from the game). Only the US retail version is fully uncut.
I've got somewhere at my old CDs both Fallout 1 and 2 with Polish translation (I believe its european version) and children are there too, as I remember only deutch version was censored, shame gog swapped versions.