It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

The answer to these issues is an Eye Patch and a Big boat

SAIL AWAY SAIL AWAY.

No profit means no statistics means wah wah publishers who pull these antics.
New release Psychonauts 2 lacks achievements on GOG, though it seems to be feature-complete otherwise.
Post edited August 25, 2021 by Exsurgent
high rated
Exsurgent: Today's new release, Hoa, is missing the paid soundtrack DLC.
Looks like it is coming. I asked PM studios on their discord (which just found out they had lol).

They said they are working on it.

See attached photo.
Attachments:
Turnip Boy Commits Tax Evasion is missing at least one daily challenge.

According to the latest changelog from Steam:
Gameplay changes
[...]
• Added a Daily Challenge! (Steam ONLY)
[...]
Aaaaand, Mortal Shell https://www.gog.com/game/mortal_shell is lacking Twitch Drops https://twitch.mortalshell.com/ . What a shame.
EDIT: Ignore this post. Seems Resolutiion really is up-to-date and the GOG version even got its most recent update far earlier than Steam. Who would've thought, eh? :D
Thanks to _Auster_ for the information!

Original post:
Does anyone here own Resolutiion on GOG (or maybe Steam)? According to SteamDB and GOGDB, that game actually received many of its updates here about a day or so BEFORE the updated builds were published on Steam.

The weirdest part is: the most recent update on GOG is version 1.3.0.1 (9 April 2021), while there is no corresponding April update on Steam. However, Steam got a "Quality of Life and Death" update on 28 May 2021, with no corresponding update for that month on GOG. Can anyone confirm whether the current GOG build already includes that update?

If it doesn't, then the game is out of date. If it does, this might be a case in which GOG actually got an updated game build almost two months before Steam did...
Post edited August 28, 2021 by Exsurgent
Exsurgent: snip about Resolutiion
I sent your question to the devs in their Discord group, and they said that "1.3.0.1 is the latest version on Steam and Gog."
So I guess the builds are the same, and somehow GOG really got the update far earlier than the usual.
Exsurgent: EDIT: Ignore this post. Seems Resolutiion really is up-to-date and the GOG version even got its most recent update far earlier than Steam. Who would've thought, eh? :D
Thanks to _Auster_ for the information!
You're welcome!

Also, the dev mentioned this about the date difference after I posted my previous comment:
It's probably just a display thing. As far as I remember, we uploaded the update in April, and activated it end of May.
Maybe Gog shows the upload date and Steam the setting live date...
_Auster_: Also, the dev mentioned this about the date difference after I posted my previous comment:

It's probably just a display thing. As far as I remember, we uploaded the update in April, and activated it end of May.
Maybe Gog shows the upload date and Steam the setting live date...
_Auster_:
Thanks a lot for this information as well. It didn’t even cross my mind that SteamDB and GOGDB might display update info differently in this way.

Between this and the fact that some games (the most recent examples I’m aware of being Black Book and Mortal Shell) use entirely different version numbering systems on GOG and Steam, it turns out comparing build numbers for games I don’t own is much more inconvenient than I thought :D
high rated
This probably already on this list, but "My Time at Portia" is out of date again (and still missing DLC). I sent a message to them on steam asking them to update and add the DLC. Others should probably do the same.

https://steamcommunity.com/app/666140/eventcomments/3055115411897411608/?ctp=7#c3041606534848655627
Post edited August 29, 2021 by BKGaming
BKGaming: This probably already on this list, but "My Time at Portia" is out of date again (and still missing DLC). I sent a message to them on steam asking them to update and add the DLC. Others should probably do the same.
There's an older thread on Steam which makes it sound like the devs were aware of the missing DLC (in 2019) but either technically or legally unable to distribute them on other storefronts. A more recent post (from 2020) suggests that Team17 used to be responsible for developing the game's non-Steam builds, but nowadays, Pathea do it themselves. Which sounds like the best chance of getting a response from the devs would be their own Discord channel - https://discord.gg/EEjkSsj
low rated
neumi5694: But yes, usually it's the devs decision. After some inquiry, the developer of "Perception" answered: "We are not on GOG anymore". End of story, they won't support the games they sold here.
MarkoH01: And before that they simply posted "We have issues with GOG" never explaining what kind of issues even after I asked them repeatedly what the problem was.
GOG has an NDA. The uploaded screenshot gives more of a hint to what's likely going on. In particular, I had a dev from another company that had their game delisted state that, among piracy, they had a series of other issues like being charged a monthly listing fee on months where they weren't getting any sales.
Attachments:
ENCODYA is missing Japanese, simplified Chinese and Korean if compared to Steam.
MarkoH01: And before that they simply posted "We have issues with GOG" never explaining what kind of issues even after I asked them repeatedly what the problem was.
kohlrak: GOG has an NDA. The uploaded screenshot gives more of a hint to what's likely going on. In particular, I had a dev from another company that had their game delisted state that, among piracy, they had a series of other issues like being charged a monthly listing fee on months where they weren't getting any sales.
I really doubt that resons why a dev won't update a certain game is or even can be part of an NDA.
_Auster_: ENCODYA is missing Japanese, simplified Chinese and Korean if compared to Steam.
I just tried and there is an option for Korean but Chinese and Japanese are missing. I reported it on Steam so let's wait and see what they got to say.