It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

MarkoH01: This is a really nice surprise - especially since the devs did not just say "Thanks, we will do what we can" but they actually said when they plan to update it. Thank you!
By the way, by "updating next monday", I think they mean when they plan to send the files to GOG. I'd expect a delay for the update to be actually released for us end users, since GOG needs to manually test, approve and package each new update given to them.
_Auster_: ..since GOG needs to manually test, approve and package each new update given to them.
That is not true. Devs have in most cases the option to upload the files directly to the users (that use Galaxy) without GOG being involved at all. However in some special cases GOG wants to test those uploads before letting them go live. Anyway, it does not matter much to me as long as the long delayed update actually will arrive at all anytime soon. I've used every contact method I knew of (except for mailing them since I just was told their e-mail adress yesterday) and did not even get a reply. So I am glad that you managed to do this.
Post edited August 06, 2021 by MarkoH01
high rated
MarkoH01: snip
I see. I must've misread something, then. Sorry.

About the contact info, SteamDB's extension links a dev's public contact info on their products on Steam, including email when made available by the devs. And upon searching, I found the Twitter profile @TowerHunter_Erz which links in their profile info the same email address linked by SteamDB on Steam, and the Twitter profile has multiple posts related to both of the dev's games, so the contact info seemed legit.
Post edited August 06, 2021 by _Auster_
_Auster_: I see. I must've misread something, then. Sorry.
As I said, some games still do need this approvement so if you actually read this about this specific game it still can be correct. Anyway, no need to apologize :)

_Auster_: About the contact info, SteamDB's extension links a dev's public contact info on their products on Steam, including email when made available by the devs. And upon searching, I found the Twitter profile @TowerHunter_Erz which links in their profile info the same email address linked by SteamDB on Steam, and the Twitter profile has multiple posts related to both of the dev's games, so the contact info seemed legit.
Clever!
high rated
MMLN: Druidstone - The Secret of the Menhir Forest is missing two latest patches, which were released this year on Steam.
Exsurgent: Looks like Druidstone: The Secret of the Menhir Forest has received the most recent patch 1.2.10 on GOG yesterday (the same day the update was released on Steam). I wonder if we have MMLN to thank for this :)
I really hope so :) One of the developers, Petri, has noticed my message on steam forums, and replied to me, that they will try to be more in time with their patches for GOG builds :)

"
Petri [developer] 2 Aug @ 3:02pm
Apologies for that! GOG version is now up to date as well (1.2.10). I'll promise to keep it up to date from now on.
"
omega64: *snip*
I think, you can remove it from the google sheets now :)
high rated
Anime-BlackWolf: Thanks. Another bummer here. Hopefully GOG will enforce the missing updates someday. :(
_Auster_: About Tower Hunter: Erza's Trial, I emailed the developers yesterday, and they replied today with this:

Thanks for reminding, we will update it next Monday
Tower Hunter: Erza's Trial has been updated to V2020.1.25. Very nice. :)
high rated
The Grime OST has now been released on GOG.

Also, I nearly had a heart attack when I looked at today's releases and saw "No One Lives..." but it turns out it's No One Lives in Heaven which seems to have a couple of quirks compared to the Steam version:
- As far as I can tell, Steam doesn't sell the OST, GOG does.
- According to the Steam store page, Steam customers get the "Encyclopaedia Comédica" for free with their standard version, while GOG customers need to buy the Digital Deluxe Edition (which is actually cheaper than Steam's standard edition, at least for me) or the Deluxe Edition DLC.

EDIT: Deleted the point about the Real Time DLC, since this info was based on a faulty German-language GOG store description - thanks to Ice_Mage for pointing it out!
Post edited August 09, 2021 by Exsurgent
Exsurgent: Strangely, the "Real Time DLC" is not mentioned on the store pages for the Standard Edition or the Digital Deluxe DLC.
It's at the very bottom of the description for the standard edition, and the second to last paragraph in the description for the digital deluxe edition.
Attachments:
Is there a list of developers/publishers who do that? When buying a particular game, I often look at both Steam and GoG - I don't mind an effective price difference (in case of sales), but as this thread and many reviews attests, some games are in objectively worse versions on one of the platforms. I do not however check other games of the publisher/dev and, anyway, games often don't get updates more as an oversight due to GoG's small market shere which I'm willing to forgive. I wouldn't want however to pay full price for a game from a company which ignores us for non-technical reasons.
Ice_Mage: It's at the very bottom of the description for the standard edition, and the second to last paragraph in the description for the digital deluxe edition.
Thanks for the info. I have my GOG Galaxy set to English and the store description does indeed mention the DLC in the Standard Edition. However, when I visit the store page via my browser, the language defaults to German and the German description does not include that line for the Standard Edition.

polysquirrel: Is there a list of developers/publishers who do that?
If you're looking for info on a game-by-game basis, https://www.gogdb.org and https://steamdb.info/ are a great way of comparing version numbers. If you're looking for a sort of blacklist of individual developers/publishers, I'm not aware of that, though you can take a look at the Google Docs list in the first post of this thread and sort by dev/publisher there.
Eliza
- Lacks achievements. Or achievement? The Steam page only lists 1 achievement.
- Soundtrack is for sale on Steam, but not GOG. It can be bought from Bandcamp.

<snipped>
Post edited August 09, 2021 by Ice_Mage
Ice_Mage: Dry Drowning
- Artbook is for sale on Steam, but not GOG.
Weirdly, this time around the German-language store description claims the artbook is "available exclusively to GOG users" (the box underneath the logo for the demo), implying it's included in the game and not available elsewhere. So either whoever is translating these is freewheeling like crazy, or the artbook used to be included/exclusive but isn't included anymore/is still included but not exclusive anymore and they forgot to change the German store description.
Attachments:
high rated
I got Dry Drowning here on GOG and it does indeed include the artbook, as seen in the EXTRAS part of my download options (attached image).
Attachments:
8-Bit Adventures 1: The Forgotten Journey Remastered Edition is missing the bundle of the base game + OST from Steam.
high rated
Do you mean this one?

https://www.gog.com/game/8bit_adventures_1_bundle