It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Lucian_Galca: Got a response from GRIP's publisher, and they said they're testing an update build for gog and it should be available soon. Let's hope the update actually happens.
Oh, great to hear !
Lucian_Galca: Got a response from GRIP's publisher, and they said they're testing an update build for gog and it should be available soon. Let's hope the update actually happens.
Thx for reaching out to them! I was on the fence about this game, but I might toss it in my shopping cart with word of an update on the horizon. Hope they keep their promise. :)
Post edited June 26, 2021 by matterbandit
Anyone know if Yooka-Laylee and the Impossible Lair has the latest version on gog?

https://www.playtonicgames.com/yooka-laylee-and-the-impossible-lair-update-live/

https://www.gogdb.org/product/1314750105#builds

That news post about the update is for April 14, 2020, but the GOGdb has the latest version upload as April 8, 2020. Anyone who owns the gog version know if we're missing that update and its features?
Saw in the steam forum that the update has already been provided to Gog. Since Gog doesn't generally do much on weekends I wouldn't expect anything until Monday.
Some of them don't like DRM free games.

As the WEF says "you'll own nothing and you'll be happy". Enjoy serfdom
Lucian_Galca: Anyone know if Yooka-Laylee and the Impossible Lair has the latest version on gog?

https://www.playtonicgames.com/yooka-laylee-and-the-impossible-lair-update-live/

That news post about the update is for April 14, 2020, but the GOGdb has the latest version upload as April 8, 2020. Anyone who owns the gog version know if we're missing that update and its features?
I can select the 8-bit level music and choose between “Not So Impossible Lair” and “Impossible Lair” mentioned as new features in the linked notes on the playtonic page. Looks like the GOG installer (version 28310) includes the latest update.
Lucian_Galca: Anyone know if Yooka-Laylee and the Impossible Lair has the latest version on gog?

DoctorGOGgles: I can select the 8-bit level music and choose between “Not So Impossible Lair” and “Impossible Lair” mentioned as new features in the linked notes on the playtonic page. Looks like the GOG installer (version 28310) includes the latest update.
Ah, good. I wanted to know before I buy it and the first one while they're on sale. Much thanks for the info.
tremere110: Saw in the steam forum that the update has already been provided to Gog. Since Gog doesn't generally do much on weekends I wouldn't expect anything until Monday.
Excellent! Thank you for the update.
matterbandit: Thx for reaching out to them! I was on the fence about this game, but I might toss it in my shopping cart with word of an update on the horizon. Hope they keep their promise. :)
No prob, but Crimson-X was probably a bigger help to this than me as I keep forgetting devs have Discord accounts lol.
Post edited June 26, 2021 by Lucian_Galca
high rated
matterbandit: Thx for reaching out to them! I was on the fence about this game, but I might toss it in my shopping cart with word of an update on the horizon. Hope they keep their promise. :)
Since (as you can read in the game subforum) according to the devs they already forwarded the files to GOG it should be a matter of days ... and GOG only right now. I purchased it and decided to not download it until the update has arrived. If it doesn't I surely will refund.
Lucian_Galca: No prob, but Crimson-X was probably a bigger help to this than me as I keep forgetting devs have Discord accounts lol.
In my experience discord actually is the BEST way to contact devs about missing updates. At least in about 95% or so you will get a reply. Not always th one you like but they won't completely ignore you. Right after that comes facebook, Steam forum, Twitter and their own contact form (in range of success rates ;)).
Post edited June 26, 2021 by MarkoH01
MarkoH01: In my experience discord actually is the BEST way to contact devs about missing updates. At least in about 95% or so you will get a reply. Not always th one you like but they won't completely ignore you. Right after that comes facebook, Steam forum, Twitter and their own contact form (in range of success rates ;)).
I love how GOG forums are not included in you list, not even at the end ;P
high rated
MarkoH01: In my experience discord actually is the BEST way to contact devs about missing updates. At least in about 95% or so you will get a reply. Not always th one you like but they won't completely ignore you. Right after that comes facebook, Steam forum, Twitter and their own contact form (in range of success rates ;)).
vv221: I love how GOG forums are not included in you list, not even at the end ;P
Unfortunately only a handful of devs/publisher do even read them or are aware about them. There's a reason why most changelogs in th egame forums are posted by community members ;)
Post edited June 26, 2021 by MarkoH01
So have the GRIP devs actually said anything about why the GOG version was out of date to begin with?

I mean, it's great that they're trying to rectify the problem (though unless I'm mistaken, there's still no word on the missing DLC content, right?). But I'm kinda curious why they released an outdated build in the first place and only reacted when people contacted them directly...
Exsurgent: So have the GRIP devs actually said anything about why the GOG version was out of date to begin with?
I can only guess of course - but given the fact that the devs were thankful to pointing the issue out to them I'd say we can assume that it was a mistake. Now we still have the question left how such a mistake might have happened.

Well, more often than not you need completely different builds on a DRM-free platform and on Steam. So you need to use some sourcefiles and compile another build ... maybe (again, I am just guessing here) they took the wrong source material to make the new GOG build for whatever reason. Such things might happen.

It would be great to hear from GOG when GOG will actually offer the new build to their customers now. Afaik it is not online yet.
SpellForce: Platinum Edition

The Steam version of this game received a new update (1.61) on April 10.

A few days ago, on June 24, it also received two additional localizations (Russian and Polish).

The GOG version still hasn't received any of the above.
high rated
I have contacted support with some of the recent examples of outdated games including trying to refresh GOGs memory that this thread exist and pointing out how uncomfortably large it is atm and the importance of atleast being more transparent and putting effort in to fix it to alleviate fears about buying games here.

I hope i will hear something back, it would be nice if the community could come together and flood the support about this though.
Post edited June 27, 2021 by ChrisGamer300
ChrisGamer300: I have contacted support...

I hope i will hear something back...
I'm pretty sure you'll hear something like "we will look into it". It's a default response from GOG support, which in most cases means that they are not going to do anything.