It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Lucian_Galca: snip
That's interesting, your second URL links to a DLC (Fade Garage Kit) that for some reason isn't even listed on the game's landing page on Steam. Weird. And I assume that's another piece of unavailable content.
Lucian_Galca: snip
soosgjr: That's interesting, your second URL links to a DLC (Fade Garage Kit) that for some reason isn't even listed on the game's landing page on Steam. Weird. And I assume that's another piece of unavailable content.
Ah yes. It was more the bugfixes and changes I wanted to highlight with those links as the missing content is already known.
Oh, now I noticed that one of GRIP's missing updates was released on Steam more than one year ago. That and the game's other missing features indicate to me that the GOG version was meant to be gimped from the get go and won't be getting any more updates.
Post edited June 21, 2021 by Grargar
high rated
Exsurgent: So yeah, there should be no reason they're not selling this DLC here. But apparently, they decided GOG users simply won't get to buy the DLC, and they decided this long in advance of release.
Which also means that there should be no reason to buy the game at all. Screw such devs/publishers!
Post edited June 21, 2021 by MarkoH01
I have no idea why GOG keep doing these mistakes but i guess they don't bother to check the games and just take devs/pubs at their words but this needs to end.

GOG should just make a call and give them an ultimatum saying update or get the fuck out, there's no reason to play around with this any longer and GOG needs to take a stand even if it means fewer games but atleast you know what you get.

I'm not as hard on artbooks, achieves, OSTs etc since it does not affect the game itself and are sold as extras (Artbooks and OST) even if there is a case to be made that GOG users should be treated equally.
Post edited June 21, 2021 by ChrisGamer300
MarkoH01: Which also means that theere should be no reason to buy the game at all. Screw such devs/publishers!
Indeed.

This whole thing also illustrates how erratic some devs/publishers can be when it comes to GOG releases:

- The studio's first game, E.Y.E. Divine Cybermancy was self-published in 2011 and it hasn't made its way to GOG yet.
- Their second game, Space Hulk Deathwing, was published in 2016 via Focus Home and never came to GOG either.
- The Enhanced Edition of Space Hulk Deathwing was published in 2018 via Focus Home and it took until 2020 for that one to get to GOG. Though AFAIK, they at least included all patches and they sell all DLC here as well.
- Then they decide to publish their next game on GOG day 1, sending the signal that they might have finally realised our value as customers... and then they just screw us over by not publishing any of the day 1 DLC here.
I'm tired of games being out of date here on gog, so I left a review on the page for Grip. Maybe that will light a fire under gog, but I doubt it.
soosgjr: That's interesting, your second URL links to a DLC (Fade Garage Kit) that for some reason isn't even listed on the game's landing page on Steam. Weird. And I assume that's another piece of unavailable content.
Lucian_Galca: Ah yes. It was more the bugfixes and changes I wanted to highlight with those links as the missing content is already known.
I know, what I meant to point out that in addition it also reveals another particular piece of unavailable paid DLC that hasn't been mentioned in this thread before, most likely because it's not listed on the primary store page and nobody noticed it even exists. Must have sold really well, heh.
high rated
ChrisGamer300: I have no idea why GOG keep doing these mistakes but i guess they don't bother to check the games and just take devs/pubs at their words but this needs to end.
As long as they don't lose any money (knowingly) GOG will simply not care enough. Unfortunately the refund option is only valid for 30 days after purchase otherwise I would have requested refunds for EVERY SINGLE outdated game on GOG and THEN they would feel and see how big the problemn really is. The way GOG is handling missing update quite frankly is a DESASTER. I am absolutely sure that the community tried much harder than GOG ever did and that's a shame. Unfortunately GOG only seem to care about quantity right now. Nearly each day another game arrives on GOG ... and with every game it is another potentially not updated game. GOG simply does not want to press their so called "partners" (maybe con men would be more fitting in some instances since they took our money and ran away) because they don't want to lose another number in their (so often outdated) catalogue. They don't demand anything from new publishers because they simply are too happy that they get another publisher on board. The case of GRIP just showed how deep they have fallen ... hey, it is a new game. It is outdated, it is missing features but it is new. Look at the release thread - people are happy and they buy and that's all that counts. Quantity over quality. As long as people will still buy those games and as long as those who purchased outdated products don't have a valid option to "fight back" after 30 days have passed this will never change. Never ever!
Post edited June 21, 2021 by MarkoH01
ChrisGamer300: I have no idea why GOG keep doing these mistakes.
It's not a mistake. It's a very sensible business decision.

A few users will be mad, but will buy the game nonetheless. A few more will be mad enough not to buy the game, but will continue buying other games nonetheless. And the vast majority will be unaware of this and just buy the game as is, perhaps eventually learning about the issues, perhaps not.

I don't see droves of people changing their buying habits because of this, just like the hundreds of times it had happened before. And GOG knows it.

So, from GOG's POV, there are no downsides, only net profit.
mrkgnao: It's not a mistake. It's a very sensible business decision.
It might be sensible but also quite unethical imo.
ChrisGamer300: I have no idea why GOG keep doing these mistakes but i guess they don't bother to check the games and just take devs/pubs at their words but this needs to end.
MarkoH01: As long as they don't lose any money (knowingly) GOG will simply not care enough. Unfortunately zthe refund option is only valid for 30 days after purchase otherwise I would have requested refunds for EVERY SINGLE outdated game on GOG and THEN they would feel andsee how big the problemn really is. The way GOG is handling missing update quite frankly is a DESASTER. I am absolutely sure that the community tried much harder than GOG ever did and that's a shame. Unfortunately GOG only seem to care about quantity right now. Nearly each day another game arrives on GOG ... and with every game it is another not updated game. GOG simply does not want to press their so called "partners" (maybe con men would be more fitting in some instances since they took our money and ran away) because they don't want to lose another number in their (so often outdated) catalogue. They don't demand anything from new publishers because they simply are too happy that they get another publisher on board. The case of GRIP just showed how deep they have fallen ... hey, it is a new game. It is outdated, it ismissing features but it is new. Look at the release thread - people are happy and they buy and that's all that counts. Quantity over quality. As long as people will still buy those games and as long as those who purchased outdated products don't have a valid option to "fight back" after 30 days have passed this will never change. Never ever!
Strange, i have refunded games after months or even years after purchase for being outdated and have had no problem with it as long as those games are in face missing updates or content.

Is this a new phenomenon with not being able to refund outdated games after 30 days.
MarkoH01: It might be sensible but also quite unethical imo.
Thousands of goglodytes who continue to buy here despite this obviously do not think it is unethical enough for them to do anything about it. Continuing to buy from a store that one considers unethical is sending a clear message that one does not really think it that unethical, or that one just does not care. It's not really fair to call GOG "unethical" and not apply the same standards to oneself.
Post edited June 21, 2021 by mrkgnao
ChrisGamer300: Strange, i have refunded games after months or even years after purchase for being outdated and have had no problem with it as long as those games are in face missing updates or content.

Is this a new phenomenon with not being able to refund outdated games after 30 days.
Honestly, until now I never tried, since officially it should only work until 30 days after ourchase. Good to know that is not the case.
MarkoH01: It might be sensible but also quite unethical imo.
Flood the support with complaints, just get people together and bombard them. Also would be good if more people research what they actually are buying.

I mean GOG already has plenty of devs that do update their games and keep releasing content for them even if a lot might miss extras like OST so why not keep them happy and shift to help those devs more and close the doors to companies such as the devs of Grip.

Of course games like Grip might still sell but so does other games that are up to date.

ChrisGamer300: Strange, i have refunded games after months or even years after purchase for being outdated and have had no problem with it as long as those games are in face missing updates or content.

MarkoH01: Honestly, until now I never tried, since officially it should only work until 30 days after ourchase. Good to know that is not the case.
I have always assumed this is if the game don't work or things like that, not if it blatantly cons you.
Post edited June 21, 2021 by ChrisGamer300