It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Post edited April 25, 2023 by user deleted
high rated
kohlrak: We don't need credential level information, but something like "you upload to a specific folder, run a script, and it gives you X output on success and Y output on failure" would certainly demystify some of this.
Did you look for answers in the public part of our GOG Developer Docs? With any specific follow-up questions, it would be best to send a Support ticket so they can be forwarded to people most fluent in this topic.
Post edited March 25, 2021 by emter_pl
uvlalid: The Quest - The Steam version allows user-created content to be uploaded to the Steam Workshop so Steam users can access this, but not users of the GOG version.
The same mod tools are provided to gog users. The difference here is that steam provides a workshop and GOG does not: this is not the developer's fault, nor could it ever land within his control. You are free to upload mods you make.
kohlrak: We don't need credential level information, but something like "you upload to a specific folder, run a script, and it gives you X output on success and Y output on failure" would certainly demystify some of this.
emter_pl: Did you look for answers in the public part of our GOG Developer Docs? With any specific follow-up questions, it would be best to send a Support ticket so they can be forwarded to people most fluent in this topic.
Oh, thank you for the response. I was not aware of these docs, i'll be right on them.
Post edited March 25, 2021 by kohlrak
emter_pl: Did you look for answers in the public part of our GOG Developer Docs? With any specific follow-up questions, it would be best to send a Support ticket so they can be forwarded to people most fluent in this topic.
Sorry for the change of topic, but I'd like to take advantage of a blue's presence to point out that Darksiders Genesis doesn't really seem to be updated to its latest version on GOG.

Some bugs that should have been fixed by previous patches are still present on GOG, and three Galaxy achievements are broken since the dawn of time. THQ Nordic support has been inconclusive if not absent, and GOG support is consistently slow, so if you can do something about that it would be great.
Wait a minute, you expect devs to build their sources against galaxy instead of standalone exe files? This is certainly what these docs seem to be suggesting. No wonder some devs are having trouble keeping up to date: they have to build using galaxies tools to update. I'm sure there's some sort of workaround, but if I was using certain dev tools that were not as easily tied to galaxy, i could see why that could cause some trouble. It would certainly explain why games like Recettear disappeared.

EDIT: Oh, nvm, i spoke too soon. The term "build creator" isn't intuitive. Most devs would see that as a GUI version of your command line tool. Usually devs use the term "build" to reference the process of compilation.

This seems to be precisely where the rubber hits the road: https://docs.gog.com/bc-build-game/

EDIT again: According to this, we could theoretically demand branch numbers from devs if they want to blame gog, since they need to publish to a branch before gog will create and installer. Offline installers would be off the Master branch, but by giving us the branch number, we could presumably somehow use galaxy to verify the good faith of a 3rd party blaming gog for tardiness on updates. Since the developers would want to show their good faith, it shouldn't be a problem for the devs to give us a name to a "public branch."

This does indeed restore a degree of cofidence. Next time i run across a dev blaming gog I'll have to get their take on this.
Post edited March 25, 2021 by kohlrak
Topoli: There is so much talking here...
Is the list at the first post up to date or do I have to read the whole thread to know what games are known for being bad against customers?
Should be more or less up to date - however keep in mind that there are people that will have to manage the list so maybe the last mentioned games might still be missing. Last post from the host was #2132 - so if you want to be sure that you know about every game mentioned in this thread you should read from here as well.

On a sidenote: In a thread that is listing outdated games imo it is not that uncommon to expect a discussion know and then about the big question of why this happened in the first place and maybe even how to change things. The "talking" you mentioned here is just a few posts long so I would not consider this to be extreme in any way.
Post edited March 25, 2021 by MarkoH01
Post edited April 25, 2023 by user deleted
high rated
Alexim: Sorry for the change of topic, but I'd like to take advantage of a blue's presence to point out that Darksiders Genesis doesn't really seem to be updated to its latest version on GOG.

Some bugs that should have been fixed by previous patches are still present on GOG, and three Galaxy achievements are broken since the dawn of time.
I am told that the game version available is 1.04a (published 06.08.2020) with Patch #4 included, so it should be the same as on Steam. As for the achievements bug, I asked the proper person to investigate.
Alexim: Sorry for the change of topic, but I'd like to take advantage of a blue's presence to point out that Darksiders Genesis doesn't really seem to be updated to its latest version on GOG.

Some bugs that should have been fixed by previous patches are still present on GOG, and three Galaxy achievements are broken since the dawn of time.
emter_pl: I am told that the game version available is 1.04a (published 06.08.2020) with Patch #4 included, so it should be the same as on Steam. As for the achievements bug, I asked the proper person to investigate.
Thank you, the achievements bugged are "Belial", "Dagon", and "Moloch".

As for updates, we nominally have the latest patch available on GOG, but at least one bug that was fixed already with Patch #2 is still present on the GOG version. I'm talking about the music not playing in the credits, a bug confirmed by several people and that honestly ruins the whole atmosphere when you complete the game. This makes me doubt that the updates have actually been implemented correctly in every part.

At this link there is the Changelog that confirms that the bug has been fixed, at least in the Steam version: https://steamcommunity.com/app/710920/discussions/0/1740010344363744691/
For The King is missing the Lost Civilization Adventure Pack on GOG.
^ also outdated, missing last patch
Ganni1987: Just a heads-up regarding Shovel Knight. The Linux version is currently outdated and missing the recently released Arby's DLC.

I've contacted the developer about it, trying to sort it out. Will let you know as I have more information.
Quoting myself as a reference regarding Shovel Knight.

I've received a response from the devs regarding the outdated Linux build:

Thanks for letting me know. The update was pushed but for some reason is not accessible to players. I've contacted GOG and will hopefully hear back soon about the status of Linux builds. Thanks for your patience!
Will keep you updated with any followups.
Post edited March 30, 2021 by Ganni1987
Children of Morta's OST was released yesterday on Steam:
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1556830/Children_of_Morta_Family_Fireside_Fables/

Maybe it's not here yet because GOG is being slow to approve it. But just in case, we might want to keep an eye for it.
_Auster_: Children of Morta's OST was released yesterday on Steam:
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1556830/Children_of_Morta_Family_Fireside_Fables/

Maybe it's not here yet because GOG is being slow to approve it. But just in case, we might want to keep an eye for it.
Same with Underhero
Northgard is missing paid soundtrack.