It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
The Linux installers for X3: Terran War Pack have been lagging behind the Windows release ever since the latest patch set was published by Egosoft (back in 2017). I've opened a ticket to support about it, they said they have notified the "right people" and closed it. This was early last year - nothing happened.

I then opened a thread about it on the Egosoft forums, clearly explaining the situation to the mods & devs, and got their attention in the end. They even renamed the thread title, by appending "Devs on the case". But, as you guessed it, nothing has happened since then and the Linux installers are still outdated. I guess at this point we can clearly contour our culprits...

Caveat emptor for anyone looking to play this on Linux.
Post edited March 20, 2021 by WinterSnowfall
Might want to keep an eye on Urtuk: still on the release version, while steam got the first patch a week ago.
Already a shame it didnt even get a release newspost from gog. I hope it doesnt end up in the abandoned bin.
Just a small notice :

Vampire's Fall: Origins : No vietnamese language version .
Hitman Absolution:
Beside the missing Sniper Challenge DLC, we are still missing a fix for broken cutscene audio:
https://www.gog.com/forum/hitman_series/hitman_absolution_poor_sound_quality_in_cutscenes
Post edited March 21, 2021 by russellskanne
russellskanne: Hitman Absolution:
Beside the missing Sniper Challenge DLC, we are still missing a fix for broken cutscene audio:
https://www.gog.com/forum/hitman_series/hitman_absolution_poor_sound_quality_in_cutscenes
Control panel>Hardware and sound>click sound>properties>sound blaster tab>check disable sound blaster enhancements
russellskanne: Hitman Absolution:
DD & Ji Ji: Control panel>Hardware and sound>click sound>properties>sound blaster tab>check disable sound blaster enhancements
No, it's not caused by sth. like this.
I've checked the videos again and they are indeed in mono and according to the op in the quoted thread, the steam ones are stereo.
Played via a video player the volume is ok, but ingame they are too loud. So sth. is not right with the GOG version of the game.
high rated
eiii: As far as I can see Figment is on the list only for the missing soundtrack. But on GOG it also misses updates since almost 2 years. And according to a review on the game card the Linux version is broken.
Asked on their discord and got a reply pretty fast:

"As Figment is almost 4 years old (they grow up so fast) it does happen that updates get mixed up and/or lost along the way or get postponed due to the difficulty (read can't spare the time) of making a build for a certain platform. The latter is not the case for GOG and an update is doable. I'll take a look at the soundtrack issue and have submitted the support ticket for the build update.

Right now we're focusing on a Figment 2 prologue update and some other production sprints. Thanks for bearing with us and for your patience, when I get news I'll let you know!"

So hope is not lost.
Post edited March 24, 2021 by MarkoH01
Just a heads-up regarding Shovel Knight. The Linux version is currently outdated and missing the recently released Arby's DLC.

I've contacted the developer about it, trying to sort it out. Will let you know as I have more information.
MarkoH01: The latter is not the case for GOG and an update is doable. I'll take a look at the soundtrack issue and have submitted the support ticket for the build update.
That's good news, so at least hope is not lost. Thank you!

I've tried the demo of Figment. It might not be a perfect game for me. But as it comes with a Linux version and is on sale at a high discount I'll give it a chance. Hopefully they will not disappoint us, otherwise I will ignore Figment 2 completely. It's already bad enough that the sequel does not come with a Linux version.
eiii: As far as I can see Figment is on the list only for the missing soundtrack. But on GOG it also misses updates since almost 2 years. And according to a review on the game card the Linux version is broken.
MarkoH01: Asked on their discord and got a reply pretty fast:

"As Figment is almost 4 years old (they grow up so fast) it does happen that updates get mixed up and/or lost along the way or get postponed due to the difficulty (read can't spare the time) of making a build for a certain platform. The latter is not the case for GOG and an update is doable. I'll take a look at the soundtrack issue and have submitted the support ticket for the build update.

Right now we're focusing on a Figment 2 prologue update and some other production sprints. Thanks for bearing with us and for your patience, when I get news I'll let you know!"

So hope is not lost.
I keep getting mixed messages for devs on updates. Take The Long Dark, for example, which said updating was hard, yet still managed to do so on GOG. I've gotten the impression from devs that there are varying degrees of support from GOG for the devs.One dev says they get near instant resposes from GOG when issues with updates happen, while others say there can't even get timely invoices. Talking to the devs themselves, i've slowly come to the conclusion that, given the number, the multitiered support is the only reasonable explanation. What i'd like to know is why no one (pro-gog, anti-gog, or even GOG itself) has been able to describe this process.We don't need credential level information, but something like "you upload to a specific folder, run a script, and it gives you X output on success and Y output on failure" would certainly demystify some of this.
kohlrak: What i'd like to know is why no one (pro-gog, anti-gog, or even GOG itself) has been able to describe this process.We don't need credential level information, but something like "you upload to a specific folder, run a script, and it gives you X output on success and Y output on failure" would certainly demystify some of this.
Nobody asked. I am quite sure that I could get this information if it is that important to you. I know a lot of devs due to my work with several translations and I am sure they would tell me if I ask them. Honestly, I never considered this to be important at all.

eiii: I've tried the demo of Figment. It might not be a perfect game for me. But as it comes with a Linux version and is on sale at a high discount I'll give it a chance. Hopefully they will not disappoint us, otherwise I will ignore Figment 2 completely. It's already bad enough that the sequel does not come with a Linux version.
I found it really charming and well done - I also really liked the mystery factor it has as well. Can't wait to get Figment 2 - if they have updated Figment 1 until then that is, of course :)
Post edited March 25, 2021 by MarkoH01
kohlrak: What i'd like to know is why no one (pro-gog, anti-gog, or even GOG itself) has been able to describe this process.We don't need credential level information, but something like "you upload to a specific folder, run a script, and it gives you X output on success and Y output on failure" would certainly demystify some of this.
MarkoH01: Nobody asked. I am quite sure that I could get this information if it is that important to you. I know a lot of devs due to my work with several translations and I am sure they would tell me if I ask them. Honestly, I never considered this to be important at all.
I've been trying to ask (not very hard, mine you: just direct questions at developers). No one wants to answer, it seems. I don't expect any answers from gog, either.

As for importance, it's hugely important. The methodology of providing updates would likely provide insights as to why we have some devs complaining that updates are taking forever to get posted by GOG (that is to say, i've had devs blame GOG claiming they've pushed the updates to GOG and they just aren't going live). One dev in particular told me that that which goes into galaxy goes live immediately, but offline installers take at least a few days. Albeit, this information is all fairly old, but i have no reason to believe any of it has changed. When we have devs that blame GOG, and either GOG or GOG users blaming the devs, it's merely a finger pointing game without at least some semblance of an idea on what is even going on in the process. Could a dev, say, push to a git repo and have GOG and Steam both pull from the same repo to make distribution easier (i imagine they would do that if it were possible)?

I used to be very defensive of GOG until talking to a few devs, and both pro-GOG and anti-GOG devs appear to be very apprehensive of dlivering anything showing any semblance of an answer, even with directly pointed questions. I've come to the conclusion that there's some sort of NDA, so, to be curteous to those who have provided clues to this, I've been keeping their identities quiet. I can't even get an answer if there's an NDA or not and how far that NDA would cover.

Given the issues with delisting games, curation, delayed updates, and more, I think ti's high time the GOG fanbase becomes aware of things like the sales cut % along with listing prices as well as any other systems that could be affecting the quality of the product we've purchased from GOG.
kohlrak: As for importance, it's hugely important. The methodology of providing updates would likely provide insights as to why we have some devs complaining that updates are taking forever to get posted by GOG (that is to say, i've had devs blame GOG claiming they've pushed the updates to GOG and they just aren't going live). One dev in particular told me that that which goes into galaxy goes live immediately, but offline installers take at least a few days. Albeit, this information is all fairly old, but i have no reason to believe any of it has changed. When we have devs that blame GOG, and either GOG or GOG users blaming the devs, it's merely a finger pointing game without at least some semblance of an idea on what is even going on in the process.
Honestly, that's no mystery to me. There are (still) two ways to update a game on GOG for the devs. You could upload directly using the Galaxy API and you still are allowed to send your build to GOG. The first one almost immediately gets live IF you are allowed to upload to the main branch (which is the case after you've done this a few times - otherwise GOG will have to test the upload and allow it to go live). In the second case the update will always have to be tested by GOG and GOG also is responsible to put it out to the public. If the first way is used (and all went fine) offline installers should be created automatically (with a short delay) - not sure how offline installers are handled in the second way in which the devs only send the files to GOG to be handled. So you have cases in which the update will go live asap and cases in which it takes longer or won't even go live at all and sometimes it's GOG fault if an update is missing and sometimes it's the devs fault.

kohlrak: Could a dev, say, push to a git repo and have GOG and Steam both pull from the same repo to make distribution easier (i imagine they would do that if it were possible)?
Given tha fact how rigid the GOG structure is, I doubt they would accept anything new like this. I tried to tell GOG again and again that closing a support ticket when it has been forwarded to product (without being solved at all) is a bad idea and that it would be nice to be able to contact "product" as well ... noting happened. So while you might have some great and maybe even workable ideas, I doubt that they would use them.

kohlrak: I used to be very defensive of GOG until talking to a few devs, and both pro-GOG and anti-GOG devs appear to be very apprehensive of dlivering anything showing any semblance of an answer, even with directly pointed questions. I've come to the conclusion that there's some sort of NDA, so, to be curteous to those who have provided clues to this, I've been keeping their identities quiet. I can't even get an answer if there's an NDA or not and how far that NDA would cover.
If we are talking about a generela procedure every dev knows about - why should they be afraid because of a signed NDA? If I would say "A dev told me...." who would be the great detective that would be able to figure out which dev exactly I was talking about?

kohlrak: Given the issues with delisting games, curation, delayed updates, and more, I think ti's high time the GOG fanbase becomes aware of things like the sales cut % along with listing prices as well as any other systems that could be affecting the quality of the product we've purchased from GOG.
I would say every longtime GOGer is aware already of the negative things on GOG as well as the positives.
Post edited March 25, 2021 by MarkoH01
kohlrak: As for importance, it's hugely important. The methodology of providing updates would likely provide insights as to why we have some devs complaining that updates are taking forever to get posted by GOG (that is to say, i've had devs blame GOG claiming they've pushed the updates to GOG and they just aren't going live). One dev in particular told me that that which goes into galaxy goes live immediately, but offline installers take at least a few days. Albeit, this information is all fairly old, but i have no reason to believe any of it has changed. When we have devs that blame GOG, and either GOG or GOG users blaming the devs, it's merely a finger pointing game without at least some semblance of an idea on what is even going on in the process.
MarkoH01: Honestly, that's no mystery to me. There are (still) two ways to update a game on GOG for the devs. You could upload directly using the Galaxy API and you still are allowed to send your build to GOG. The first one almost immediately gets live IF you are allowed to upload to the main branch (which is the case after you've done this a few times - otherwise GOG will have to test the upload and allow it to go live). In the second case the update will always have to be tested by GOG and GOG also is responsible to put it out to the public. If the first way is used (and all went fine) offline installers should be created automatically (with a short delay) - not sure how offline installers are handled in the second way in which the devs only send the files to GOG to be handled. So you have cases in which the update will go live asap and cases in which it takes longer or won't even go live at all and sometimes it's GOG fault if an update is missing and sometimes it's the devs fault.
Right, i'm not discounting the possibility of it being the devs, but I worry with threads like this.
kohlrak: Could a dev, say, push to a git repo and have GOG and Steam both pull from the same repo to make distribution easier (i imagine they would do that if it were possible)?
Given tha fact how rigid the GOG structure is, I doubt they would accept anything new like this. I tried to tell GOG again and again that closing a support ticket when it has been forwarded to product (without being solved at all) is a bad idea and that it would be nice to be able to contact "product" as well ... noting happened. So while you might have some great and maybe even workable ideas, I doubt that they would use them.
Of course.
kohlrak: I used to be very defensive of GOG until talking to a few devs, and both pro-GOG and anti-GOG devs appear to be very apprehensive of dlivering anything showing any semblance of an answer, even with directly pointed questions. I've come to the conclusion that there's some sort of NDA, so, to be curteous to those who have provided clues to this, I've been keeping their identities quiet. I can't even get an answer if there's an NDA or not and how far that NDA would cover.
If we are talking about a generela procedure every dev knows about - why should they be afraid because of a signed NDA? If I would say "A dev told me...." who would be the great detective that would be able to figure out which dev exactly I was talking about?
Because, for some reason, I still can't get any speaking. Maybe it's my people skills, or maybe it's something else. I have trouble concluding anything other than an NDA at this point, though.
kohlrak: Given the issues with delisting games, curation, delayed updates, and more, I think ti's high time the GOG fanbase becomes aware of things like the sales cut % along with listing prices as well as any other systems that could be affecting the quality of the product we've purchased from GOG.
I would say every longtime GOGer is aware already of the negative things on GOG as well as the positives.
I've been here for... well, 6 or 7 years according for my forum profile, and i was only fairly recently made aware of the fact GOG charges devs a listing price. Meanwhile, you get people here who always side against gog and have people here who always side with GOG, with out much actual argumentation on any particular case. It would seem even the average long-term gog customer is still pretty much in the dark about what's behind the problems we're facing. I think the darkness works in favor of not improving our GOG experience, and, in the long run, i think it harms DRM-free, given we (for the most part) insist on suggesting GOG's the only hope of DRM-free.
The Quest - The Steam version allows user-created content to be uploaded to the Steam Workshop so Steam users can access this, but not users of the GOG version.