It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Maybe gog could do something with gog connect and check if you own kingdoms of amalur...But I doubt they even care to do it.
Post edited September 06, 2020 by alexandros050
high rated
ConsulCaesar: I don't see it as a grievance. Why shouldn't there be a discount for current owners of a previous version just because not all stores sell the original game? The comparison sould be between owners of Reckoning on Steam and GOG (but there are none on GOG because GOG doesn't sell it) and between non-owners of Reckoning on Steam and GOG.
nightcraw1er.488: Fine, you subsidise steam, doesn’t bother me. I am blacklisting this dev and not buying it. My friend can get it on steam 60% off so will play it there. Lost sale for GOG and the dev due to steam once again being given the superior deal.
The deal seems to be some kind of a loyality service for steam customers, although it would be very nice to have the same deal on GOG, it does not make sense to have it here on GOG, if the OG wasn't available for purchase beforehand.

Its like complaining that you are not allowed use your miles, at a different airline.

Its good that such games are already coming to GOG, having the huge distrust of publishers and developers against DRMfree games in mind, so Im fine to pay the set price for games as long as they are properly supported and maintained on GOG.
Ueber: The deal seems to be some kind of a loyality service for steam customers, although it would be very nice to have the same deal on GOG, it does not make sense to have it here on GOG, if the OG wasn't available for purchase beforehand.

Its like complaining that you are not allowed use your miles, at a different airline.
Yes and no.

It makes no sense for GOG as the selling platform to offer a seller-side discount to buyers who own the original game on a different platform.

But, for a distributor/publisher-side loyalty discount it would make sense to not require the old purchase and the new to be on the same selling platform — whatever platform you choose, you're still loyal to the publisher/developer/distributor (if not the selling platform).

Things get more complicated in combined deals where both the distributor and the selling platform give up some of their profit margin in order to provide the discount.

Next, cross-platform checking to see if you own the game elsewhere would pose a technical problem. Which could be solved, of course, but then there's practicality.

Discount counts handed out on the basis of CD/serial keys by the distributor/publisher and redeemable on GOG would be an elegant solution, though then there would be the problem of preventing the recipient of such a code from also qualifying for the default discount and benefiting twice (e.g. in order to help a friend get the game cheaper).
Furi:
https://www.gog.com/game/furi

Higher base price in BRL on GOG. 37.99 BRL on Steam and 50.00 on GOG.

Furi OST:
https://www.gog.com/game/furi_original_soundtrack

Higher base price in BRL on GOG. 28.99 BRL on Steam and 39.99 on GOG.

I don't know about other regions.
high rated
Regarding the missing update for Serious Sam: The First Encounter here on GOG.
After asking two times on discord and getting my mail back from the website because it could not be delivered I finally posted a DM to the mod on discord. The mod did not react but he did not have any problems posting more announcements for the new Serious Sam game so I complained and that's when I got the following reply:

"I'm sorry, I don't know you. I'm not obligated to reply to you privately. I am also allowed to miss your messages when they come in because I've got work to do. Maybe a gentle ping would do you better than straight up rude comments. There are currently no plans on updating SS TFE on GOG."

Croteam cannot expect that I will ever buy a single game from them in the future with this attitude.
high rated
MarkoH01: Regarding the missing update for Serious Sam: The First Encounter here on GOG.
After asking two times on discord and getting my mail back from the website because it could not be delivered I finally posted a DM to the mod on discord. The mod did not react but he did not have any problems posting more announcements for the new Serious Sam game so I complained and that's when I got the following reply:

"I'm sorry, I don't know you. I'm not obligated to reply to you privately. I am also allowed to miss your messages when they come in because I've got work to do. Maybe a gentle ping would do you better than straight up rude comments. There are currently no plans on updating SS TFE on GOG."

Croteam cannot expect that I will ever buy a single game from them in the future with this attitude.
I am shocked as how they feel justified to say that they are not planning to update a game that they are charging money for, as if it was no big deal.
Post edited September 12, 2020 by ConsulCaesar
high rated
ConsulCaesar: I am shocked as how they feel justified to say that they are not planning to update a game that they are charging money for, as if it was no big deal.
Agreed and even worse, they expect us to buy their future game Serious Sam 4 which might end up outdated as well. Think again, Croteam.
high rated
MarkoH01: ...

OK then. In that case I will have "no plans" of buying Serious Sam 4 then, with that attitude.
high rated
MarkoH01: ...

blueGretsch: OK then. In that case I will have "no plans" of buying Serious Sam 4 then, with that attitude.
Something like that was my reply to them as well ;)
MarkoH01: Maybe a gentle ping would do you better than straight up rude comments. There are currently no plans on updating SS TFE on GOG.
What did you even say to make him describe your coments as "rude"? O_o
Anyway, I hate that they need "plans" to deliver.. the same update to different stores -_-'
Post edited September 12, 2020 by phaolo
high rated
MarkoH01: Maybe a gentle ping would do you better than straight up rude comments. There are currently no plans on updating SS TFE on GOG.
phaolo: What did you even say to make him describe your coments as "rude"? O_o
Anyway, I hate that they need "plans" to deliver.. the same update to different stores -_-'
I was rude because I had the audacity to DM him ... that's all. What he failed to mention is that I already discussed this in the discord and somebody was in fact pinging him because of that ... which he ignored all the same. After he ignored my DM but still posted announcements for SS 4 I took the liberty to complaint about this with the following words:

"So you cannot even give me a reply but post announcements about the next installment and expect me to buy it? Really?"

Some might say that this is rude - imo it's a simple "action/reaction behavior".
Post edited September 12, 2020 by MarkoH01
Please remove Project Zomboid from the list, they are pushing Beta builds now through GOG's clunky offline installers regularly, so all three OSes get both stable and beta, with or without Galaxy.
MarkoH01: Regarding the missing update for Serious Sam: The First Encounter here on GOG.
What is this update? The list linked to in the OP just mentioned a fan-made mod that isn't here.
high rated
ConsulCaesar: I am shocked as how they feel justified to say that they are not planning to update a game that they are charging money for, as if it was no big deal.
MarkoH01: Agreed and even worse, they expect us to buy their future game Serious Sam 4 which might end up outdated as well. Think again, Croteam.
Scroteam are full of shit... news at 11.

I have a hunch that if the sales numbers on gog tank because people are wary of ending up with a gimped/inferior product, they will use this as an excuse to not bring more of their games here/keep supporting the games that are here. They will then take to social media and whine about how gog accounts for 165% of pirated copies of SS4.

A vicious circle, really. But one entirely of their own making. Either way, we're the ones that end up with the short end of the stick.
Post edited September 15, 2020 by fronzelneekburm
StingingVelvet: What is this update? The list linked to in the OP just mentioned a fan-made mod that isn't here.
I have been told in the meantime that this actually is the case. It is a community made mod that introduces correct widescreen and fixed multiplayer - see here:
https://www.gog.com/forum/serious_sam_series/widescreen_fix_for_serious_sam_the_first_encounter_and_serious_sam_the_second_encounter/post24

However it has been made part of the official release on Steam which is not the case here on GOG. I've been told in the meantime that you can download the mod seperately - see here:
https://www.gog.com/forum/general/preorder_serious_sam_4_a74c0/post97

So in the end it is a tricky one imo. On the one hand it is in fact just a mod on the other hand it is a very important mod that has been turned into an official update on Steam - so why is this not the case here on GOG?
Post edited September 15, 2020 by MarkoH01