It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Flyingfluffypiglet: Not the fist time I've read Devs whining about expansions being piss easy on Steam but 'hard work' on GOG, could it be because on Steam they go through without being checked and here on Gog, they first go through curation to check they're clean and work?
Yes and no. It depends on the "how". If the dev is using the Galaxy backend to push updates directly to GOG it's all up to the dev and the game is updated nearly immediately after they have uploaded the new build (I know this for a fact because of contacts with some devs that told me and who are using said method). However, unfortunately many devs don't even know that there is this way to update GOG - many still think they will have to do every build from scratch and email it to GOG and then it takes time and effort.

I give you an example. A certain dev tried to get a specific update to GOG a few months ago after I improved his German localisation. He was trying and trying and could not understand why it took GOG so long to update it. Then he decided to teach himself how the Galaxy backend works and since he is a really clever guy the update was there - hours later. That's not a thing I do imagine it is a fact of which I am 100% sure because I witnessed it.

However GOG is not forcing the Galaxy backend so far too often devs don't know about it at all or don't use it ...
onarum: I strongly doubt GOG checks every single patch thoroughly to see if they are "clean and work", I certainly prefer a more curated library of games, but once a game is in, pushing updates or releasing new content should be as painless as possible for the developer.
eric5h5: It is, or at least the developer for Streets of Rogue says it's "very, very easy to make updates on GOG".
Here is another one - the one person team that made Orphan (please support him) said this.
Post edited March 04, 2020 by MarkoH01
Sounds like GOG could improve their communication to devs of how to do updates properly...that would make things easier and better for everyone involved.
eric5h5: Sounds like GOG could improve their communication to devs of how to do updates properly...that would make things easier and better for everyone involved.
Agreed. Unfortunately this would mean that GOG would finally learn to COMMUNICATE ;)
Yes, I am basically a GOG fanboy and I love GOG to pieces despite their problems, but communication is a thing they never learned and never did the way I would want them to do. Obviously it's the same for customers AND devs. I am not surprised tbh.
Post edited March 04, 2020 by MarkoH01
MarkoH01: Yes and no. It depends on the "how". If the dev is using the Galaxy backend to push updates directly to GOG it's all up to the dev and the game is updated nearly immediately after they have uploaded the new build (I know this for a fact because of contacts with some devs that told me and who are using said method). However, unfortunately many devs don't even know that there is this way to update GOG - many still think they will have to do every build from scratch and email it to GOG and then it takes time and effort.

I give you an example. A certain dev tried to get a specific update to GOG a few months ago after I improved his German localisation. He was trying and trying and could not understand why it took GOG so long to update it. Then he decided to teach himself how the Galaxy backend works and since he is a really clever guy the update was there - hours later. That's not a thing I do imagine it is a fact of which I am 100% sure because I witnessed it.

However GOG is not forcing the Galaxy backend so far too often devs don't know about it at all or don't use it ...
Duly noted and I perfect timing on your part, since I've just finished some reading -not here- on Galaxy's Dev's tools so it's there to use to update on anything that doesn't need approval first. Don't see how/why anyone would question what you've said, not if they are intellectually honest anyway.

So that's another way for Devs to update their stuff here, the willing ones anyway, it's the others dragging their feet -to put it mildly- who need some serious pushing and shoving.
MarkoH01: Agreed. Unfortunately this would mean that GOG would finally learn to COMMUNICATE ;)
Yes, I am basically a GOG fanboy and I love GOG to pieces despite their problems, but communication is a thing they never learned and never did the way I would want them to do. Obviously it's the same for customers AND devs. I am not surprised tbh.
^THIS, SO MUCH THIS. I can't call myself a fanboy due to all the efforts I have to go EVERYTIME a new game pops up here due to the risk of getting an inferior version one way or another, but let me assure you that I love GOG for its drm-free policy. With that out of our minds, I'd really like for GOG to learn communication and improve their damn curation system.

MarkoH01: Yes and no. It depends on the "how". If the dev is using the Galaxy backend to push updates directly to GOG it's all up to the dev and the game is updated nearly immediately after they have uploaded the new build (I know this for a fact because of contacts with some devs that told me and who are using said method). However, unfortunately many devs don't even know that there is this way to update GOG - many still think they will have to do every build from scratch and email it to GOG and then it takes time and effort.

I'd like to say that this though is not the common ground devs wise, this was more an issue of lack of experience. With that I'M NOT saying that he must be crucified, as people learn and improve the more they work with something, but that generally speaking, people shouldn't outright say that building GOG versions is troublesome and so on, without first getting used properly to it.

Flyingfluffypiglet: Duly noted and I perfect timing on your part, since I've just finished some reading -not here- on Galaxy's Dev's tools so it's there to use to update on anything that doesn't need approval first. Don't see how/why anyone would question what you've said, not if they are intellectually honest anyway.

So that's another way for Devs to update their stuff here, the willing ones anyway, it's the others dragging their feet -to put it mildly- who need some serious pushing and shoving.
The main problem is that I keep reading devs (mostly indie ones, since well, I have yet to hear the saying from someone from a big publisher, regarding GOG toolkit) that the GOG toolkit is pretty bad and so on. Now, while there is definitely some truth about it, there is the problem that most (if not all) of them, end up comparing steamworks toolkit with the GOG one, which is well behind the former, other than other difference concerning the building system.

Usually a *lazy* dev is a GREAT dev, because al azy dev tries its best to make a software as smooth as possible, in order to make it simple for every next time he uses it, which imho should translate into scratching their heads, configuring GOG toolkit at its best and use that formula every time, rather than arguing every single time about GOG toolkit being bad.

Now I'm not a dev, nor I've tried to mess with GOG tookit neither steamworks, but I mess with visual studio under C# and I have two programmer friends with thom I talke daily about programming, both for learning and because I find fascinating the subject, so it baffles me how some devs go overboard either due to DRM, or due to toolkits.
Kyousuke.: The main problem is that I keep reading devs (mostly indie ones, since well, I have yet to hear the saying from someone from a big publisher, regarding GOG toolkit) that the GOG toolkit is pretty bad and so on. Now, while there is definitely some truth about it, there is the problem that most (if not all) of them, end up comparing steamworks toolkit with the GOG one, which is well behind the former, other than other difference concerning the building system.

Usually a *lazy* dev is a GREAT dev, because al azy dev tries its best to make a software as smooth as possible, in order to make it simple for every next time he uses it, which imho should translate into scratching their heads, configuring GOG toolkit at its best and use that formula every time, rather than arguing every single time about GOG toolkit being bad.

Now I'm not a dev, nor I've tried to mess with GOG tookit neither steamworks, but I mess with visual studio under C# and I have two programmer friends with thom I talke daily about programming, both for learning and because I find fascinating the subject, so it baffles me how some devs go overboard either due to DRM, or due to toolkits.
Interesting and I quite like your positive aspect defining a 'lazy' dev ;-) It's been quite an education for me on the updating aspect, as I hadn't looked into it as much as should have and wanted to. There is indeed comparison being made between Steamworks and Galaxy, but if I've read this correctly, there is an additional dev portal -similar to steampipe- available for updating:

https://www.gog.com/forum/general/gog_is_it_truly_more_difficult_for_developers_to_update_their_games_on_gog/post71

As Marko already pointed out: communication. That is key in just about anything, not only for what concerns here. That's what's needed here for devs to know of and use tools available to them to update builds for this platform. Now this of course applies for those who intend to and do provide updates for here -and here am talking about game and not platform specific updates/fixes it's, the other reluctant and couldn't care less ones that need being put in line so that they don't just update on Steam, but do so here too.
Flyingfluffypiglet: Interesting and I quite like your positive aspect defining a 'lazy' dev ;-) It's been quite an education for me on the updating aspect, as I hadn't looked into it as much as should have and wanted to. There is indeed comparison being made between Steamworks and Galaxy, but if I've read this correctly, there is an additional dev portal -similar to steampipe- available for updating:

https://www.gog.com/forum/general/gog_is_it_truly_more_difficult_for_developers_to_update_their_games_on_gog/post71

As Marko already pointed out: communication. That is key in just about anything, not only for what concerns here. That's what's needed here for devs to know of and use tools available to them to update builds for this platform. Now this of course applies for those who intend to and do provide updates for here -and here am talking about game and not platform specific updates/fixes it's, the other reluctant and couldn't care less ones that need being put in line so that they don't just update on Steam, but do so here too.
Actually the lazy quote was made by Bill Gates himself maaaaany years ago, when he was asked what kind of devs you are looking for, he replied with that sentence. It makes sense and it's true, until a dev take the lazy way in the WRONG way (aka "it just works") which is NOT what a true lazy dev is about.

But yes, the problem as always is communication, but there is also the problem that GOG has its hand tied when it comes devs updating their gog bulds (there is specilation that most of their contracts involve focus on x game being released on gog, rather than continuing support, albeit GOG obviously calls for it, but I don't know the details).
Just wanted to say thanks for the spreadsheet, it's very informative.
squareinc: Dungeons 3 doesn't have the paid soundtrack DLCs that are available for purchase on Steam.
Probably should not be relevant anymore, as the soundtrack DLCs on steam no longer require the basegame, making that part no different than Amazon/iTunes (especially considering devs can sell soundtracks for games not on steam), except for the lossless music support.

EDIT: Unless the game still has the OST as "DLC" and not "music".
Post edited March 07, 2020 by arahman45
arahman45: Probably should not be relevant anymore, as the soundtrack DLCs on steam no longer require the basegame, making that part no different than Amazon/iTunes (especially considering devs can sell soundtracks for games not on steam), except for the lossless music support.

EDIT: Unless the game still has the OST as "DLC" and not "music".
I just checked again and it's purchasable as music, so I suppose you're right and it shouldn't be considered against the GOG version.
high rated
Removed:
- Not Tonight, missing DLC and OST are now on GOG
- Pathfinder: Kingmaker, missing Royal Ascension DLC now on GOG

Updated:
- Exapunks, removed the mention of the free Redshift Player
- Offworld Trading Company - missing another DLC, reworked the free Multiplayer part

Added:
Mordheim: City of the Damned - missing online features
Post edited March 15, 2020 by ElTerprise
Need to add Candleman The Complete Journey and Wonder Boy the Dragons Trap.

Both are missing paid soundtrack dlc

I also noticed that several games that had been mentioned, weren't added to the Google doc sheet. Such as The Dream Machine and the Stalker games. Probably more than that.
Post edited March 16, 2020 by Crimson-X
Swag and Sorcery is on GOG at version 1.030 since June 2019 (according to GOG Database), while the Steam version is at 1.52, after receiving several updates in the beginning of January this year.
They still haven't fixed this huh. GOG really needs to fix this issue somehow, its getting to the point that you doubt if you should even buy newer games here because if lack of update/dlc support.
Post edited March 17, 2020 by vole_echo
tfishell: Was Catacomber's response in the Quest forum already shared?

(Fairfox shared what seems to be a part of it word-for-word but that was 23 hours ago, whereas Catacomber posted 18 hours ago.)

Anyway, it is what it is, please be respectful.
Can someone explain this better? Catacomber keep mentioning workshop and payments, Steam Workshop is just for mods and things like that, not DLC. What am i missing? What does steam workshop have to do with DLC.