It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

'Space Rangers HD' is up to date now.
The Quest should be added to the list. Additional content is only available via Steam Workshop.
https://www.gog.com/forum/the_quest/how_to_get_all_thirdparty_expansions_for_the_quest_on_gog_instructions_inside/page1
Very easy solution : developer don't get gog money until updates the game :P
nightcraw1er.488: The Quest should be added to the list. Additional content is only available via Steam Workshop.
https://www.gog.com/forum/the_quest/how_to_get_all_thirdparty_expansions_for_the_quest_on_gog_instructions_inside/page1
From that it seems the developer/publisher are not treating GOG as second class.
It's a 3rd party that are only making their mods available on Steam.
nightcraw1er.488: The Quest should be added to the list. Additional content is only available via Steam Workshop.
brouer: From that it seems the developer/publisher are not treating GOG as second class.
True, but it’s not up to the consumer to worry about this. Steam have a superior version, GOG does not, simple. Should not be sold if it’s not on parity with steam.
Orkhepaj: Very easy solution : developer don't get gog money until updates the game :P
easy and illegal, and it will lead to no publisher want to put their games on gOg. so probably can the rephrased as "very easy solution to shut down gOg"
brouer: From that it seems the developer/publisher are not treating GOG as second class.
nightcraw1er.488: True, but it’s not up to the consumer to worry about this. Steam have a superior version, GOG does not, simple. Should not be sold if it’s not on parity with steam.
in this case, you could also rephrase it as "Steam is superior to gOg".... gOg don't have the framework for mod support, as Steam has with Workshop. you should then say that all games with workshop support is "inferior versions".
Post edited February 29, 2020 by amok
Orkhepaj: Very easy solution : developer don't get gog money until updates the game :P
amok: easy and illegal, and it will lead to no publisher want to put their games on gOg. so probably can the rephrased as "very easy solution to shut down gOg"
nightcraw1er.488: True, but it’s not up to the consumer to worry about this. Steam have a superior version, GOG does not, simple. Should not be sold if it’s not on parity with steam.
amok: in this case, you could also rephrase it as "Steam is superior to gOg".... gOg don't have the framework for mod support, as Steam has with Workshop. you should then say that all games with workshop support is "inferior versions".
Workshop is not needed for these, they are just files. But yes, I do look upon workshop enabled games as inferior, and anything where there is not parity between the two, that really is the definition of inferior and parity. Should have been sorted out before releasing for sale , wasting my time and others.
nightcraw1er.488: Workshop is not needed for these, they are just files. But yes, I do look upon workshop enabled games as inferior, and anything where there is not parity between the two, that really is the definition of inferior and parity. Should have been sorted out before releasing for sale , wasting my time and others.
But you know that GOG does not have a workshop or something similar and therefore EVERY game that is using it will be inferior on Steam - you don't need GOG to tell you this.
Post edited February 29, 2020 by MarkoH01
I understand that it's a gray area, but we should probably be happy that GOG doesn't support having paid mods.
nightcraw1er.488: Workshop is not needed for these, they are just files. But yes, I do look upon workshop enabled games as inferior, and anything where there is not parity between the two, that really is the definition of inferior and parity. Should have been sorted out before releasing for sale , wasting my time and others.
MarkoH01: But you know that GOG does not have a workshop or something similar and therefore EVERY game that is using it will be inferior on Steam - you don't need GOG to tell you this.
Yes, and as I clearly pointed out, those files do not need to be delivered by workshop. They are paid dlc for a game.
And no, not every game which has workshop is inferior, some models still believe in open modding and not monetising/drm ing mods, be using moddb and (to a lesser extent) nexus. Workshop is a clear example of monopoly.
zazak09: I understand that it's a gray area, but we should probably be happy that GOG doesn't support having paid mods.
It is DLC. In fact it’s probably more content than most DLC available on gog, just look at the portrait packs, or weapon packs etc.
Post edited February 29, 2020 by nightcraw1er.488
This is what Redshift had to say on their official forums
Unfortunately, the mess that is the Workshop is necessary on PC.

Zarista is their own entity. We think it would be the best if we didn't release their games under our name. What's on mobile is a historical artifact of what was available at the time and how the game functioned. We are committed in continuing support of it.

For the PC we hoped the Steam Workshop would offer a better alternative. It works, but yes, it's less than ideal. And there is nothing for GOG like it.
Response from Zarista Games

We are going to pass on GOG and I'll tell you why. Steam uses DRM--Digital Rights Management--for a reason. It helps cut down on piracy. GOG is DRM free and that troubles me. Most of our PC users use Steam and don't seem to be unhappy. So I think we are better off staying with Steam and, at least for now, giving GOG a pass.
So even if Redshift could bring the unofficial expansions over, Zarista Games wouldn't let them.
Post edited February 29, 2020 by zazak09
Sucks that Zarista won't play ball, but you know what? I'm still glad The Quest is here for folks and that's not going to change. :-)
low rated
Steam is just a better and larger store.
Devs are just too lazy to update and upload mods other than steam.
It is up to gog to make a similar easy to maintain mod place.
amok: easy and illegal, and it will lead to no publisher want to put their games on gOg. so probably can the rephrased as "very easy solution to shut down gOg"
why would it be illegal? is would be in the terms
no publisher wants to put on their games cause it forces them to upload the updates to the games they want to sell? that makes no sense

looks like you are just here to naysay to what others wrote
Post edited February 29, 2020 by Orkhepaj
phaolo: - Don't Starve, Linux build:
can anyone check if it can be updated to a newer version with the "Klei Updater"?
You can update it using the klei updater. I had a problem with the fonts but i was able to paste my gog keys and click the right buttons using the images posted by a developer in this old thread: https://forums.kleientertainment.com/forums/topic/55036-linux-broken-fonts-in-klei-updater/
Apparently they knew about the problem with the updater (something related to pango) but never fixed it. https://forums.kleientertainment.com/forums/topic/65951-shipwrecked-linux-gogcom-updater-broken/
phaolo: - Don't Starve, Linux build:
can anyone check if it can be updated to a newer version with the "Klei Updater"?
FireBelliedToad: You can update it using the klei updater. I had a problem with the fonts but i was able to paste my gog keys and click the right buttons using the images posted by a developer in this old thread: https://forums.kleientertainment.com/forums/topic/55036-linux-broken-fonts-in-klei-updater/
Apparently they knew about the problem with the updater (something related to pango) but never fixed it. https://forums.kleientertainment.com/forums/topic/65951-shipwrecked-linux-gogcom-updater-broken/
Thank you, I'll try to report it to the devs then.