It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

omega64: Help wanted for contacting developers, Discord required for communicating with others in the group. Contact me via PM if you're interested.
teceem: Can't we meet up in person and gang up on those developers in front of their homes?
It would be too expensive.
omega64: It would be too expensive.
Yeah, maybe hiring some local thugs would be a cheaper option. :-P
omega64: It would be too expensive.
teceem: Yeah, maybe hiring some local thugs would be a cheaper option. :-P
On a more serious note, ganging up is kind of what I'd like to avoid. Thus why the contact sheet isn't public. xd
mk47at: But seriously, what's the point of spamming anything without including any outside reference? Gaining rep to be able to post real links obviously doesn't work.
Think it's a general routine of spambot programming, an attempt to confuse antispam measures, nothing that takes GOG forum specifics into account.
omega64: On a more serious note, ganging up is kind of what I'd like to avoid. Thus why the contact sheet isn't public. xd
Ganging up does sometimes work though, adding pressure. Need some significant numbers though, something on the order of dozens is just annoying, probably, if done in that manner. Dozens of people writing individual, unique, messages, with their own arguments, on the other hand, can have quite an effect.

In between, can make a petition, with all the target devs as recipients and a generic text, asking them to submit patches, including offline, say no more than a week after they do to Steam or other major stores, add all additional content/features/packages that are sold elsewhere here as well, and if any features have been hard coded to require another store's framework and they lack the resources to port the code to GOG, including offline for singleplayer stuff bar achievements, as well, then ask for the price to be reduced to reflect the difference.

... question being why doesn't GOG do that, actually.
Post edited February 23, 2020 by Cavalary
Cavalary: Ganging up does sometimes work though, adding pressure. Need some significant numbers though, something on the order of dozens is just annoying, probably, if done in that manner. Dozens of people writing individual, unique, messages, with their own arguments, on the other hand, can have quite an effect.
I comnpletely agree. We should not shy away to build up some pressure as long as we stay cilvil. We have every right to demand these missing updates and there's no need to feel as if we are begging for something we don't desevrve. The more people are asking the higher the pressure and the bigger the probability of success. Also, those hidden contacts are a joke - it's more than easy to get contacts of devs and publishers - most even post on discord facebook or twitter ... or even all of those.

Cavalary: ... question being why doesn't GOG do that, actually.
I read about a certain clause in a GOG contract that requires devs to update in a timely manner after Steam has been updated. However I don't think GOG is caring enough whenever these devs don't do what they signed because GOG does not want to lose too many devs/publishers.
Post edited February 24, 2020 by MarkoH01
MarkoH01: I read about a certain clause in a GOG contract that requires devs to update in a timely manner after Steam has been updated. However I don't think GOG is caring enough whenever these devs don't do what they signed because GOG does not want to lose too many devs/publishers.
Remember reading that too, but what's the purpose of having a clause if it's not enforced? Even if true that it exists, might as well not be.
Added:
Beholder - is missing free Soundtrack DLC

Updated:
Ash of Gods: Redemption - missing paid "Beer for Developers" DLC, missing the 1.5 update on Linux
MarkoH01: I read about a certain clause in a GOG contract that requires devs to update in a timely manner after Steam has been updated. However I don't think GOG is caring enough whenever these devs don't do what they signed because GOG does not want to lose too many devs/publishers.
Cavalary: Remember reading that too, but what's the purpose of having a clause if it's not enforced? Even if true that it exists, might as well not be.
Well in the case of employment contracts sometimes companies put in unenforceable clauses to discourage people from actions. They rely on the average person not knowing it is unenforceable and thus often stick to it.

In the case of GOG maybe it's apathy maybe they just don't want developers to threaten to pull their game. Nordic & Darksiders 2 Deathinitive really did erk me though a year with the game having broken controller prompts but working fine on Steam and still being put on sale. There is a difference between indifferent to when a game is undated versus actively promoting a game you know from customer feedback is broken. At the absolute minimum GOG should have refused to ut the game on sale unless they got the problem fixed!
Cavalary: Remember reading that too, but what's the purpose of having a clause if it's not enforced? Even if true that it exists, might as well not be.
Mark-Mark: Well in the case of employment contracts sometimes companies put in unenforceable clauses to discourage people from actions. They rely on the average person not knowing it is unenforceable and thus often stick to it.

In the case of GOG maybe it's apathy maybe they just don't want developers to threaten to pull their game. Nordic & Darksiders 2 Deathinitive really did erk me though a year with the game having broken controller prompts but working fine on Steam and still being put on sale. There is a difference between indifferent to when a game is undated versus actively promoting a game you know from customer feedback is broken. At the absolute minimum GOG should have refused to ut the game on sale unless they got the problem fixed!
GOG keeps putting games that have had zero updates since release here on sale. Sometimes feels like they just don't care.
Added The Count Lucanor, missing updates.
Snolus: Added The Count Lucanor, missing updates.
Btw, they already replied positively :D
:^)
Updated Not Tonight with the missing One Love DLC.
- Count Lucanor
Updated! :)
Can anyone check if the Linux and Mac builds are ok too?

- Don't Starve, Linux build:
can anyone check if it can be updated to a newer version with the "Klei Updater"?
Post edited February 26, 2020 by phaolo
phaolo: - Count Lucanor
Updated! :)
For a second I thought "why didn't I receive an update flag?" - then I realized that I own this only on humble :)
Post edited February 26, 2020 by MarkoH01