It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

omega64: Yup, got in confirmed. No price matching concerning base prices. They don't even try to ask the developers/publishers to lower the price when it has been lowered on Steam.
Wurzelkraft: Bad practice. It should be in GOG's best interest du ensure parity between them and other services, especially considering pricing.
It is yes.
Wurzelkraft: Bad practice. It should be in GOG's best interest du ensure parity between them and other services, especially considering pricing.
omega64: It is yes.
It seems a bad idea for GOG not to query permanent price drops on steam as not applying it here might just be an oversight. I mean if this thread is testimony to nothing else is that the game industry is not exactly well organised.
Wurzelkraft: Sounds like a misunderstanding. If not...that's terrible.
omega64: Yup, got in confirmed. No price matching concerning base prices. They don't even try to ask the developers/publishers to lower the price when it has been lowered on Steam.
Lol, that's patently absurd! You'd think that it would be in your shop's best interest to have identical prices to other storefronts. SMH in disbelief...

Besides, I wonder if this is some new policy or something. Because gog adjusting their price after customers informing them about discrepancies isn't exactly unheard of. I actually remember at least one instance where I got in touch with elcook about some game or another having a regional discount on Steam whereas the gog version had none and it got sorted out within the day. And that was just a regional discount, I'd think that gog should be all the more on top of things if a game gets a permanent across-the-board price drop.
fronzelneekburm: Lol, that's patently absurd! You'd think that it would be in your shop's best interest to have identical prices to other storefronts. SMH in disbelief...

Besides, I wonder if this is some new policy or something. Because gog adjusting their price after customers informing them about discrepancies isn't exactly unheard of. I actually remember at least one instance where I got in touch with elcook about some game or another having a regional discount on Steam whereas the gog version had none and it got sorted out within the day. And that was just a regional discount, I'd think that gog should be all the more on top of things if a game gets a permanent across-the-board price drop.
New response late yesterday, I don't know how but apparently there was a miscommunication. Figured I'd post it here to help others that were confused.

"I'd like to let you know that we addressed the mentioned matter internally in more detail and it appears that there was some sort of miscommunication.
If there's a significant difference between the base price in our store and, for example, Steam, then we will ask the developer or publisher if we can match the prices.

Speaking of "Swords of Ditto", I've already forwarded the information regarding the prices of the game to the appropriate team.
I hope this will make a difference and apologize for the confusion."
Removed:
Q.U.B.E. 2 - all previously missing updates are on GOG now which resolve all other mentioned issues

Updated:
Space Rogue - the mentioned missing price cut has happened a while ago, so that issue is no longer valid
omega64: New response late yesterday, I don't know how but apparently there was a miscommunication. Figured I'd post it here to help others that were confused.

"I'd like to let you know that we addressed the mentioned matter internally in more detail and it appears that there was some sort of miscommunication.
If there's a significant difference between the base price in our store and, for example, Steam, then we will ask the developer or publisher if we can match the prices.

Speaking of "Swords of Ditto", I've already forwarded the information regarding the prices of the game to the appropriate team.
I hope this will make a difference and apologize for the confusion."
Interesting, thanks for the info! Let's see where this goes.
Hello
Maybe we can add Grandia 2 since it received an update to remaster edition on Steam yesterday
low rated
the fact that this thread even exists shows you devs dont care about GOG, most devs just think with money now which is good in one way cos there ofc a bussiness but imagine if you walked into mcdonalds as a steam user you would get a full big mac and fries and a gog user would jsut get the burger buns with lettuce in the middle.

i hate what gaming has become, i really wish GOG would make a strict policy on devs updating there games here i made a seperate thread on that, but i am only one person and i hope someone creates a hashtag called boycottDRM or boycottsteam, i only have 2 launchers on my pc, battlenet and gog galaxy, i will not install any other launchers, if worse comes to the worse and i want a game that never comes on GOG il jsut download it for free, why should i give devs my money when they dnt give a shit about there users,there games, just look at the NBA2k20 trailer it doesnt even look like a basketball game it looks more like a las vegas gambling simulator with roulettes and slot machines.

true gaming is dead for big game devs the only true games that are left are indie games or old games ehre on GOG, or emulated games from consoles from the past. and anyone who says piracy is wrong your not supporting the game devs that mentality died with the PS2, why should i support the devs of these big games when all they want is more $$$ from my bank account!

boycottDRM
boycottSTEAM

steam and drm are the cancer to gaming and need to be stopped
pe7ouill3: Hello
Maybe we can add Grandia 2 since it received an update to remaster edition on Steam yesterday
Hey, we usually give them a bit more time than that since it can take longer to get updates to GOG. :) 2-4 weeks at most, but we'll keep an eye on that one!
Primordia finally got the missing update.
Ghildrean: Primordia finally got the missing update.
It really was some hard work an needed constantly reminders but luckily this finally happened. Thanks to Wadjet Eye, Wormwood and GOG. :)
high rated
Removed:
Primordia - missing update is on GOG now
Windward - game is no longer on GOG, the pricing issue doesn't justify a place in the "removed games" tab
Lichdom: Battlemage - pricing issue was resolved
King's Bounty: Dark Side - pricing issue was resolved
The Westport Independent - pricing issue was resolved
The Swords of Ditto: Mormo's Curse - pricing issue was resolved

Updated:
Aarklash Legacy - pricing issue was resolved
Men of War: Vietnam - pricing issue was resolved
P.O.L.L.E.N. - pricing issue was resolved
Post edited October 17, 2019 by ElTerprise
ElTerprise: P.O.L.L.E.N. - pricing issue was resolved
Makes me wonder if there's any chance the game will also receive the missing update(s)...
I mean, they reacted once ... there should be a chance that they will make this perfect and get from the list entirely - or not?
ElTerprise: P.O.L.L.E.N. - pricing issue was resolved
MarkoH01: Makes me wonder if there's any chance the game will also receive the missing update(s)...
I mean, they reacted once ... there should be a chance that they will make this perfect and get from the list entirely - or not?
How Marko? Mindfield Games went bankrupt 2 years ago. Most likely P.O.L.L.E.N. will get removed from GOG when their contract expires. Tbh i was surprised to see GOG managed to price-match Steam.
MarkoH01: Makes me wonder if there's any chance the game will also receive the missing update(s)...
PainOfSalvation: How Marko? Mindfield Games went bankrupt 2 years ago. Most likely P.O.L.L.E.N. will get removed from GOG when their contract expires. Tbh i was surprised to see GOG managed to price-match Steam.
I did not know. Thank you for telling me. I guess you are right - the removal is highly possible and the update is not. Does somebody know if there are CRUCIAL updates missing? I am interested and the actual price is all right in my book - of course I don't want to buy a broken game though.