It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Mafwek: I have a hunch we will have something interesting today...
I hope that more than a Few of us will be Happy
Anothername: Does it help that this is one of the many cases where I hate being right?
Loger13: See? It starts again. Hype. Hype never changes. :)
Those poor souls :(

I admire the enthusiasm though :)

But maybe they refer to Happy Few; guess it will make.. a few happy. No, pun not intended. :P
I admire the optimism of those who actually thought bethesda might do something for us.
ReynardFox: I admire the optimism of those who actually thought bethesda might do something for us.
I do not expect Bethesda do something for me; I am fully prepared to do something for them by giving them money for the games* they release here ;)

*Skyrim (prefer the "classic" one) & Fallout 4 that is; maybe Starfield in the future if we know more about it. Rest I don't care.
ReynardFox: I admire the optimism of those who actually thought bethesda might do something for us.
I mean, we got Bethesda here as a publisher and QuakeCon would have been a good opportunity for something.
tfishell: I mean, we got Bethesda here as a publisher and QuakeCon would have been a good opportunity for something.
Oh absolutely, it would have been a great boon for us and a good opportunity for Bethesda, but the cynic in me doesn't trust them to be that smart.
tfishell: I mean, we got Bethesda here as a publisher and QuakeCon would have been a good opportunity for something.
I am pretty sure Bethesda will release something on GOG before the end of the summer. I think there were always something from them in the summer ever since they joined.
Mafwek: I am pretty sure Bethesda will release something on GOG before the end of the summer. I think there were always something from them in the summer ever since they joined.
what did they do the last two summers?
We need to keep hope alive! :P
amrit9037: We need to keep hope alive! :P
Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment. :)
Mafwek: I am pretty sure Bethesda will release something on GOG before the end of the summer. I think there were always something from them in the summer ever since they joined.
.Ra: what did they do the last two summers?
It should be noted that sooner or later we will get new Bethesda games here. Everything that is in Steam, can appear here. It's only a matter of time. The situation will change only if Bethesda starts promoting its store - Bethesda.net. Then we move on to the limbo stage, when the newer publisher's games do not appear here anymore (as EA - Origin, Ubisoft - uplay, etc.).
We should just also realize that in Bethesda there is no guy who sits and thinks: "We starts Quakecon, we need to add some game to GOG." Such a guy exists, but he works in THQ Nordic :D.
So the games are likely to appear, but not at all the fact that it will somehow be linked to the current Quakecon. Although this option is also not excluded.
But it would be better to stop all this hype around Quakecon. :) If new games are brought up - it will be wonderful. If not - less disappointment.
Post edited August 12, 2018 by Loger13
Loger13: Then we move on to the limbo stage, when the newer publisher's games do not appear here anymore (as EA - Origin, Ubisoft - uplay, etc.).
To be honest, Dead Space and Dragon Age Origins arrived to GOG after EA was promoting their Origin store. And there are rumors that Ubisoft will bring here some of their old games like Assassin's Creed 2 and 3.
Post edited August 12, 2018 by Andrey82
Loger13: Then we move on to the limbo stage, when the newer publisher's games do not appear here anymore (as EA - Origin, Ubisoft - uplay, etc.).
Andrey82: To be honest, Dead Space and Dragon Age Origins arrived to GOG after EA was promoting their Origin store. And there are rumors that Ubisoft will bring here some of their old games like Assassin's Creed 2 and 3.
You do not read attentively. It says that new games will stop appearing ("... newer publisher's games ..."). Both Dead Space and DAO are available in Steam. We will not receive NEW games (those that will release after the launch of the publisher's own store) For example, we can still get Dead Space 2 (there is in Steam), but it's unlikely that we'll ever get Dead Space 3 (Origin only). Depends not on the date of launch of the store, but on the release date of the game, relative to the launch date of the store.
So I wrote everything right - we will still have old games, but stop receiving new ones (if this happens). Just like it happened with Origin and Uplay.

Regarding AC2, I want to remind you that this game was initially available without a Uplay (but with uplay network), and Uplay was added later (AC2 Release date - 2009., Uplay release date - 2012). So this example does not contradict the concept. Now if we get something like AC:Origins here, then yes, it will mean that I was mistaken.
-
The easiest way to understand what I'm talking about: check whether the game is available for purchase and download in Steam. If so, it can theoretically appear here. If not (or it is, but it's just a stub for publisher's luncher), then most likely not.
Post edited August 12, 2018 by Loger13
Loger13: Regarding AC2, I want to remind you that this game was initially available without a Uplay (but with uplay network), and Uplay was added later (AC2 Release date - 2009., Uplay release date - 2012). So this example does not contradict the concept. Now if we get something like AC:Origins here, then yes, it will mean that I was mistaken.
One of rumored game is Far Cry 3, if I recall correctly, ain't that tied to UPlay since beginning? And this ain't no Quakecon hype; to be perfectly honest, I don't care much for Bethesda or their games. It's just that GOG and companies usually have certain pattern when releasing games.
I don't see Origin-exclusives being here but I still have hope for EA games on Steam. Eventually. (that's not new for me to say but...)