It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Judging by the GOG logo in its web page, it looks like <span class="bold">Hellpoint</span> may end up being released here.

It's an ARPG with some alleged Dark Souls vibes, and they are planning a Kickstarter campaign in the near future. I've just discovered it through GamingOnLinux after they've released a Linux build of the demo. ^_^
high rated
::heavy breathing intensifies::

Okay, my new secret source seems to have revealed another title, and this time it's none other than Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen. This one would be truly huge if it's true and not some elaborate, late April Fool's prank.
SCPM: ::heavy breathing intensifies::

Okay, my new secret source seems to have revealed another title, and this time it's none other than Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen. This one would be truly huge if it's true and not some elaborate, late April Fool's prank.
Thanks yet again SCPM!

Woah, that IS huge. :D
Saints Row AND Dragon's Dogma, neat!

Hmmm.. Capcom too according to Wikipedia, that would be a big win.

Nice find :)

dude! i fucking LOVED dragons dogma. total and complete insta-buy. so without giving away your source, is there a time frame?
fortune_p_dawg: dude! i fucking LOVED dragons dogma. total and complete insta-buy. so without giving away your source, is there a time frame?
No time frame, if I had to guess, I'd say it'll be here before mid-summer.
SCPM: snip
Wouldn't it be funny if GOG kept feeding you wrong hints to throw you off your game? =P
mistermumbles: Wouldn't it be funny if GOG kept feeding you wrong hints to throw you off your game? =P
I thought the same the other day when SCPM said he had found another way into GOG's secret files.

But in that case if I were GOG and I wanted to mess people around I would leak something more spectacular like Dark Souls or, I dunno, GTA5. :P

Sweet Jesus! Thanks again SCPM! :)

Perhaps that GOG tweet about Resident Evil was indeed hinting at a release after all.
Post edited April 05, 2017 by haydenaurion
SCPM: snip
mistermumbles: Wouldn't it be funny if GOG kept feeding you wrong hints to throw you off your game? =P
big hints too, all for games i WANT! lol, that would be pretty funny though.

haydenaurion: Sweet Jesus! Thanks again SCPM! :)

Perhaps that GOG tweet about Resident Evil was indeed hinting at a release after all.
Indeed. Dragon's Dogma is nice, but I'm more excited about the general idea of Capcom releasing games here ( again ). If it's true, then it might also increase chances of other Japanese publishers bringing their games here, such as Sega or Konami.
muntdefems: I thought the same the other day when SCPM said he had found another way into GOG's secret files.

But in that case if I were GOG and I wanted to mess people around I would leak something more spectacular like Dark Souls or, I dunno, GTA5. :P
GTA5 would be far too obvious in a "We're totally fucking with you." way.

That's pretty great if true; also what haydenaurion and CharlesGrey said, about other Capcom games showing up here would be fantastic.

Questions for any Resident Evil fanatics: would there be any good reason(s) for GOG to release the original Windows version, as well as the Remastered version of RE1? And how hard is it to get the original release running on modern machines?

Chacranajxy: Oh, posted this somewhere else, but not in here. Cosmic Star Heroine is confirmed by the dev to be coming to GOG. Release date is April 11.
I hope Cthulu and Breath of Death will show up soon too. :)
Post edited April 05, 2017 by tfishell
tfishell: Questions for any Resident Evil fanatics: would there be any good reason(s) for GOG to release the original Windows version, as well as the Remastered version of RE1? And how hard is it to get the original release running on modern machines?
Are you talking about the classic, original version of RE1, the very first one? Because imho the remake rendered that one obsolete, outside of nostalgia or some historical interest. Would still make for a nice addition to GOGs library of classic computer games, though.
tfishell: Questions for any Resident Evil fanatics: would there be any good reason(s) for GOG to release the original Windows version, as well as the Remastered version of RE1? And how hard is it to get the original release running on modern machines?
Depends. Do you value nostalgia? Because personally, nostalgia alone isn't enough for me to sit through a game, no matter how much I liked it. The original RE was fantastic, but now? The only thing it has left is nostalgia now that there is a (really fucking good) remaster for it.

The remaster has fantastic visuals, and makes nice additions and changes from the original to make it both more a tense experience and a slightly less bullshit experience.

As for how hard it is to run? About as difficult as any other Win9x game. In other words, except to do some work to get it running well.