It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Ok Bamco, you're here, now how about, at the very least, you bring over Enslaved?

It's already DRM free on Steam, so there is literally no excuse other than laziness.
Aaaand Earthlock releases on PS4 January 27th.

Betting 100 bucks that they won't be on GOG until much later.

Considering the clear-cut "DRM free console-style JRPG on PC" pitch in their Kickstarter, they sure are releasing on many consoles and other DRM'd platforms. :|
rgnrk: Why? DS online component es optional and unnecessary.
It's still a major component to the game (as well as every other game in the series) that adds to the experience (co-op with a friend or random person for an area or boss fight, or invasions with other players). Remove it and now a bunch of stuff (weapons, spells, covenants) are inaccessible unless your grind/cheat or rendered completely worthless. I fail to see how that's a positive.
Tying a game to that type of online goes against any game preservation purpose.
If the game's multiplayer is still intact and doesn't require GOG Galaxy (a program bundled with it like Terraria or something built in-game, made by the developers or fans, that allows for custom servers or peer-to-peer connections without the use of DRM), would that still go against "game preservation"? I didn't say (or even imply) that we keep it tied down to the online that it currently has.

Then again this is even assuming that From Software/Bandai Namco are even interested in doing anything else with the PC port of Dark Souls.
This topic is turning more and more in "Damn, I wish [insert random game title here] on GOG" or something like that instead of "Games that are *unofficially* confirmed for release on GOG in the future".

Too bad :(
rgnrk: Why? DS online component es optional and unnecessary.
RayRay13000: It's still a major component to the game (as well as every other game in the series) that adds to the experience (co-op with a friend or random person for an area or boss fight, or invasions with other players). Remove it and now a bunch of stuff (weapons, spells, covenants) are inaccessible unless your grind/cheat or rendered completely worthless. I fail to see how that's a positive.
Not as far as I know. Invasions are very annoying. And there's no way to prevent them, but playing it offline. So I know some people that did so, and finished it offline with no problems whatsoever. There are other stuff attached to online games, like guilds that forced you to help or invade people of different guilds. Basically, some redundant features that need a user base.

Tying a game to that type of online goes against any game preservation purpose.
RayRay13000: If the game's multiplayer is still intact and doesn't require GOG Galaxy (a program bundled with it like Terraria or something built in-game, made by the developers or fans, that allows for custom servers or peer-to-peer connections without the use of DRM), would that still go against "game preservation"? I didn't say (or even imply) that we keep it tied down to the online that it currently has.

Then again this is even assuming that From Software/Bandai Namco are even interested in doing anything else with the PC port of Dark Souls.
From Software/Bandai could release a drm-free version of the game. But in no way can I see them working on a drm-free time-proof version of the offline component for marginal sales. They didn't even do a proper port of the first Dark Souls on PC.

So that's not even in the cards. The question here is whether people would accept a drm-free offline version of it.
acute71: This topic is turning more and more in "Damn, I wish [insert random game title here] on GOG" or something like that instead of "Games that are *unofficially* confirmed for release on GOG in the future".

Lack of information leads to rumors. And to discussion of rumors. This is expected and inevitable.
This is a direct consequence of the GOG's information policy.
The-Business: New companies in the catalog:

BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment and Bandai Namco Entertainment 000
Tarsier Studios

Both likely for Little Nightmares
One interesting thing about this new entry is this :

https://www.gog.com/work#/support-customer-support-representative-japanese

If they are gearing for a japanese version of GOG and a japanese support, then it's fairly logical to see some big japanese pubs and their games coming with this. At least, it seems possible that it's more than just little nightmares.

Tarsier Studios

MacArthur: One interesting thing about this new entry is this :

If they are gearing for a japanese version of GOG and a japanese support, then it's fairly logical to see some big japanese pubs and their games coming with this. At least, it seems possible that it's more than just little nightmares.
I want to believe.
And set yourself up for disappointment?

Expect nothing, then you'll never be let down

Tarsier Studios

Hopefully more games for which they can clear the worldwide rights (reputedly often tricky in the case of Japan) and not a case of https://www.gog.com/forum/general/announcement_big_preorders_launch_day_releases_coming/post339

Tarsier Studios

It'd be very nice if this got Square Enix back, and fully, on board.
Bandai did work on some older games with some other companies to form Game Arts One of them is the Grandia series. I am hoping Grandia and Grandia III make it to GoG as Grandia II already is here. Of course, Lunar Silver Star Story Complete, Lunar 2 Eternal Blue Complete, Alundra and Growlanser Generations would be great too.

Alundra is a fantastic and highly overlooked and underrated game.

The Lunar series and Grandia series are great RPGs series too, that many people missed because the original platform releases were on Sega and then much later on PS1 and PS2 at the end of their lives and didn't have the CGI work of Final Fantasy so many missed out.
Wait, just a little bit in the past we noted an entry for Sierra On-Line (somehow "different" from Sierra) and now we're talking about Japanese developers.

Do I smell Thexder, Silpheed, and Zeliard? :P
acute71: This topic is turning more and more in "Damn, I wish [insert random game title here] on GOG" or something like that instead of "Games that are *unofficially* confirmed for release on GOG in the future".

Any veteran goglin knows that there's a sign over the door here. It says, 'abandon all hope, ye who enter.'
I thought everyone might like to know about this info regarding the upcoming re-release of Forsaken that was leaked via SCPM...

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=228690722&postcount=1
Post edited January 19, 2017 by haydenaurion