It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Is nothing ever officially confirmed any more or why is this thread always used nowadays instead of the officially conformef one?
Shmacky-McNuts: No I meant, random is good, but games not having depth are bad. I cannot play Terraria or Mine Craft etc because they have no reason for me to to play them. I mean...building random crap...well great, for like 10 minutes I guess. But I can't see much point ever turning it back on if I have to build in an empty world where the player is the only thing making stuff happen.

I like to be engaged even by NPCs. I like to walk around in a game world and see random crap doing stuff that makes sense. Like a lion eating a gazelle or something and I'll just be like...hmm...makes sense. The Lion got hungry and ate something XD
Terraria has goal, in a certain way. You have to defeat the game's several evil Bosses.
Unfortunately the game fails by not giving the player precise hints or even a plot justifying the reason for the killings.

I suppose they're gonna make Terraria 2 more goal-focused.

But I know how you feel because I'm like you. I love Terraria and its mechanics, but the lack of a plot managed to put me away.

Have you ever tried Windforge? It's like Terraria, but with a mission-based plot. And don't let the negative reviews fool you. The game has received a final patch and works fine now.
Post edited May 18, 2015 by karnak1
Shmacky-McNuts: No I meant, random is good, but games not having depth are bad. I cannot play Terraria or Mine Craft etc because they have no reason for me to to play them. I mean...building random crap...well great, for like 10 minutes I guess. But I can't see much point ever turning it back on if I have to build in an empty world where the player is the only thing making stuff happen.

I like to be engaged even by NPCs. I like to walk around in a game world and see random crap doing stuff that makes sense. Like a lion eating a gazelle or something and I'll just be like...hmm...makes sense. The Lion got hungry and ate something XD
I guess sandbox games are an acquired taste. I thought Minecraft was ok, but it needed a better engine. I'm glad GOG finally got the Saints Row series, since I haven't had a chance to play those sandbox games yet! :P

karnak1: Terraria has goal, in a certain way. You have to defeat the game's several evil Bosses.
Unfortunately the game fails by not giving the player precise hints or even a plot justifying the reason for the killings.

I suppose they're gonna make Terraria 2 more goal-focused.

But I know how you feel because I'm like you. I love Terraria and its mechanics, but the lack of a plot managed to put me away.

Have you ever tried Windforge? It's like Terraria, but with a mission-based plot. And don't let the negative reviews fool you. The game has received a final patch and works fine now.
I played Block Story for a long ass time. But then I was like...wtf am I doing? This is....well....boring! I not only have to build my own world. I have give myself the reason to turn it on....meh*tosses in the trash* lol

But anyhooters, nope never played Windforge. I got tired of such things even for free. I mean, hell even a simple goal is better than nothing at all.

Oh and, speaking of this topic. I had small chats with the Developer of Neo Scavenger about this very thing. Well...more like I kept after him until he stitched in a bit of a plot and ending*wink*. I'm sure he was are of something already(uh huh......all me baby! lol .....shameless aren't I? >_>) but I pestered him till he added an end to his game. I honestly think it was enough for me to greatly enjoy his work. The fact that many people complain about his title not having a story would have killed his game had he not added the parts in which he did.

...man I must be tired, I'm rambling. I think I may log soon XD

IronArcturus: I guess sandbox games are an acquired taste. I thought Minecraft was ok, but it needed a better engine. I'm glad GOG finally got the Saints Row series, since I haven't had a chance to play those sandbox games yet! :P
Cataclysm DDA baby! In the options switch on ChestHole's Tile set. Then its all gravy ;D

The level of details are amazing and the characters will even show what they have on and even hold. You can do different layers and customize the hell out of just about everything.

I dig my Zombie Plow truck hehehe.
Post edited May 18, 2015 by Shmacky-McNuts
Shmacky-McNuts: Oh and, speaking of this topic. I had small chats with the Developer of Neo Scavenger about this very thing. Well...more like I kept after him until he stitched in a bit of a plot and ending*wink*. I'm sure he was are of something already(uh huh......all me baby! lol .....shameless aren't I? >_>) but I pestered him till he added an end to his game. I honestly think it was enough for me to greatly enjoy his work. The fact that many people complain about his title not having a story would have killed his game had he not added the parts in which he did.

Wow. You made Neo Scavenger have an ending??
You're a hero, man!

The game would be completely frustrating and idiotic if it had no closure at all. Thanks for nagging the developer, then.
Shmacky-McNuts: Oh and, speaking of this topic. I had small chats with the Developer of Neo Scavenger about this very thing. Well...more like I kept after him until he stitched in a bit of a plot and ending*wink*. I'm sure he was are of something already(uh huh......all me baby! lol .....shameless aren't I? >_>) but I pestered him till he added an end to his game. I honestly think it was enough for me to greatly enjoy his work. The fact that many people complain about his title not having a story would have killed his game had he not added the parts in which he did.

karnak1: Wow. You made Neo Scavenger have an ending??
You're a hero, man!

The game would be completely frustrating and idiotic if it had no closure at all. Thanks for nagging the developer, then.
Well being completely douchey here(I freely admit and being humorous/trying?). The chats he and I had in his late beta version were rather interesting. At the time I couldn't purchase his beta. So instead I watched hours of "let's play" footage to find it had no ending as far as I could tell. When I talked with him, he said he probably should give the game an ending and I just kept throwing ideas at him until he finally said OK ok ok....I"ll probably squeeze in an ending. I didn't hound him really. I didn't wanna have him just ignore me. It was more like. Heya...do you have an ending? He didn't seem to have any interest and I think over the course of 3 emails on the topic(like- Soooo....you really need to put an ending into the game or it'll just drag forever. He responded with...I think yer right) I think he changed his mind and tacked on the current end to the game. I was rather pleased about the fact it had an end and many people on the forum seemed to rejoice. Otherwise we would all just be Neo Hobo's on an endless path to know where. XD

Feel free to deny all of this Danny boy. I'll still appreciate your time =D
(great game!)
Post edited May 18, 2015 by Shmacky-McNuts
The GOG Upcoming tab has both Satellite Reign and StarCrawlers listed on there. Has anyone tried those games at all?
Serpent in the Staglands confirmed in KS update:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1649838104/serpent-in-the-staglands/posts/1237357
Was just about to post that myself
IronArcturus: The GOG Upcoming tab has both Satellite Reign and StarCrawlers listed on there. Has anyone tried those games at all?
both games looks great, can't wait for release...
check some StarCrawlers feedback here: http://www.gog.com/forum/general/update_upcoming_tab_added_and_active/post290
cyboff: both games looks great, can't wait for release...
check some StarCrawlers feedback here: http://www.gog.com/forum/general/update_upcoming_tab_added_and_active/post290
Yeah, that game looks really cool! I hope GOG can get it soon!
I just saw the new game listed under Upcoming GOG games and it's Crypt of the Necrodancer! This game looked incredibly fun! Does anyone know if there is a specific release date?
IronArcturus: I just saw the new game listed under Upcoming GOG games and it's Crypt of the Necrodancer! This game looked incredibly fun! Does anyone know if there is a specific release date?
Technically, it already had its full release on Steam, so your guess is as good as anyone else's. *shrug*

Until then, you can watch some excellent trailers. My favorite of them is still the original teaser one though. That music is superb. Let's just say, I'm really excited to see it here. Whenever GOG will decide to release it it'll be an instabuy from me. :)
mistermumbles: Technically, it already had its full release on Steam, so your guess is as good as anyone else's. *shrug*

Until then, you can watch some excellent trailers. My favorite of them is still the original teaser one though. That music is superb. Let's just say, I'm really excited to see it here. Whenever GOG will decide to release it it'll be an instabuy from me. :)
Yeah, when I first saw the trailer for this game I was really impressed! A dungeon-crawling roguelike with dance music sounds really cool! :) I hope it works with an Xbox 360 controller!
Post edited May 24, 2015 by IronArcturus
mistermumbles: Technically, it already had its full release on Steam, so your guess is as good as anyone else's. *shrug*

IronArcturus: Yeah, when I first saw the trailer for this game I was really impressed! A dungeon-crawling roguelike with dance music sounds really cool! :) I hope it works with an Xbox 360 controller!
I had it on Steam back when it was in early access and yes it does work with a 360 Pad as well as a dance pad if you have one of those. But it does have more then just dance music for example there is a boss called "Death Metal" and as his name entails the boss theme is heavy metal, there is also a jazz music theme boss(one of my favorite), also you actually have to play to the rhythm of the song attacking, moving, ect. you can do things off beat but you will move slower and you open yourself up to a attack since every creature has a pattern to the beat of the song like some will guard on the off beat,others will move and ready a attack on the first beat and then move again and attack on the next, ect.

Also if you don't exit the level before the song ends it will automatically just drop you to the next area.

I do hope that the delay on the release here is for them to replace Steamworks.api with Galaxy's since I rather not have another game where the daily challenges are stripped out..I'm looking at you Spelunky!

Death Metal: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MI9MQJzeHC4
Post edited May 25, 2015 by DCT