It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

tfishell: Some generic-but-good-to-hear-from-them news from Nordic. :)

https://twitter.com/NordicGamesAT/status/575320759125606400

"Please consider bringing newer games to @GOGcom like Titan Quest Complete, Darksiders, etc."
"We are working on that."

(though I'm guessing they'll be regionally priced so those that have a problem with that, just prepare yourselves. :P)
JinseiNGC224: I think they should start with getting their full catalog on here, especially the 30+ games that were removed last year. Then they can add all the other games they have rights to. All the ones you mentioned I'm fine with.
I'd like to see their full catalog back too but as far as my understanding is that won't happen unless GOG implements regional pricing for all their games or GOG goes back to a single currency. :P So I figured I'd at least encourage newer games to appear here that GOG is more likely to accept.
Cyan Worlds is making a renewed effort to bring the missing Myst titles to GOG:
https://twitter.com/cyanworlds/status/575356283227873280
SCPM: Cyan Worlds is making a renewed effort to bring the missing Myst titles to GOG:
https://twitter.com/cyanworlds/status/575356283227873280
oooooooo. I want Exile on GOG!!!
shaddim: everyone should use YYYY-MM-DD (ISO 8601)
http://xkcd.com/1179/
http://xkcd.com/927/
JinseiNGC224: I think they should start with getting their full catalog on here, especially the 30+ games that were removed last year. Then they can add all the other games they have rights to. All the ones you mentioned I'm fine with.
tfishell: I'd like to see their full catalog back too but as far as my understanding is that won't happen unless GOG implements regional pricing for all their games or GOG goes back to a single currency. :P So I figured I'd at least encourage newer games to appear here that GOG is more likely to accept.
From what I understand, it was an issue with Nordic not wanting to hire a person to help price their games according to GOG's newer system. Since GOG will likely stay with regional pricing with their "fair price package" for some releases, I would think all GOG would have to do is hire a person themselves to help these publishers price their games accordingly. I'm no expert at pricing, but I know they could come to some resolution, and there's probably more to it than we realize. As for newer games, they were able to bring The Book of Unwritten Tales 2 here, probaly due to crowd funding promises and the fact it is newer and not old. Other newer titles could work too.

In any case, if other companies can do bring old and new games, smaller and larger businesses for that matter, so can Nordic.

On the Myst front, I would love, love, LOVE to finish my Myst collection!
Post edited March 10, 2015 by JinseiNGC224
JinseiNGC224: From what I understand, it was an issue with Nordic not wanting to hire a person to help price their games according to GOG's newer system. Since GOG will likely stay with regional pricing with their "fair price package" for some releases, I would think all GOG would have to do is hire a person themselves to help these publishers price their games accordingly. I'm no expert at pricing, but I know they could come to some resolution, and there's probably more to it than we realize.
To be honest I think it's about time GOG did a serious poll, asking people wether they want it to drop the Regional Pricing and explaining the pros and cons of doing it.

I suspect the results of such a poll would be surprising.
JinseiNGC224: From what I understand, it was an issue with Nordic not wanting to hire a person to help price their games according to GOG's newer system. Since GOG will likely stay with regional pricing with their "fair price package" for some releases, I would think all GOG would have to do is hire a person themselves to help these publishers price their games accordingly. I'm no expert at pricing, but I know they could come to some resolution, and there's probably more to it than we realize.
karnak1: To be honest I think it's about time GOG did a serious poll, asking people wether they want it to drop the Regional Pricing and explaining the pros and cons of doing it.

Regional pricing is here to stay, I really think. Otherwise that means losing games like Divinity Original Sin and other games that have sold well.
karnak1: To be honest I think it's about time GOG did a serious poll, asking people wether they want it to drop the Regional Pricing and explaining the pros and cons of doing it.

That would be a very dishonest poll, because even if the results said to drop it, GOG wouldn't do it. Needless to say, it won't happen, at the very least not before GOG takes back the ability to use local currency, which is another case of not going to happen.
tfishell: Regional pricing is here to stay, I really think. Otherwise that means losing games like Divinity Original Sin and other games that have sold well.
Personally I've always been in favour of Regional Pricing, if it's an essential criteria for games to be sold here.
It's just a pity that I suspect (although i've never had any proof of it) that the polemic concerning RP was responsible for losing some games here.

I still remember well the "uproar" caused by all those that declared they'd stopped buying at GOG if they accepted such a pricing system.
karnak1: Personally I've always been in favour of Regional Pricing, if it's an essential criteria for games to be sold here.
It's just a pity that I suspect (although i've never had any proof of it) that the polemic concerning RP was responsible for losing some games here.

I still remember well the "uproar" caused by all those that declared they'd stopped buying at GOG if they accepted such a pricing system.
The whole concept of regional pricing seems very unfair. But isn't it arguable that denying a game to all of GOG is unfair as well? If players have to choose between playing the game on GOG or not, wouldn't they still want the chance to play it here even if it does have RP?
IronArcturus: The whole concept of regional pricing seems very unfair. But isn't it arguable that denying a game to all of GOG is unfair as well? If players have to choose between playing the game on GOG or not, wouldn't they still want the chance to play it here even if it does have RP?
I don't know about the others. But, as for me, if I have to choose between not having game X here or having game X sold here for 100$ (which I would never be able to afford)... heck! I'd rather have the game here. At least someone, somewhere, will be able to afford it and play it DRM-free.
IronArcturus: The whole concept of regional pricing seems very unfair. But isn't it arguable that denying a game to all of GOG is unfair as well? If players have to choose between playing the game on GOG or not, wouldn't they still want the chance to play it here even if it does have RP?
I'd rather not have the game here with regional pricing (even if it's cheaper than in other regions). But of course that's just my personal oppinion.
karnak1: I don't know about the others. But, as for me, if I have to choose between not having game X here or having game X sold here for 100$ (which I would never be able to afford)... heck! I'd rather have the game here. At least someone, somewhere, will be able to afford it and play it DRM-free.
Yeah, I agree. It seems wrong to deny a GOG game to everybody just because of some arbitrary regional pricing.
Post edited March 11, 2015 by IronArcturus

Grargar: That would be a very dishonest poll, because even if the results said to drop it, GOG wouldn't do it. Needless to say, it won't happen, at the very least not before GOG takes back the ability to use local currency, which is another case of not going to happen.
You must also consider that this is a very complex issue, and any fool can click a "yes" or a "no" button. How many people who hit a button really understand all the complexities and nuances of the issue and can give an informed opinion?

It reminds me of that comedy gag that is repeated every so often, where some comedian will set up a table outside a grocery store or on a college campus and try to get people to sign a petition to end the suffrage of women.
Post edited March 11, 2015 by yogsloth
Grargar: ...
yogsloth: You must also consider that this is a very complex issue...
Truth.

As for me, currently because most of my money goes to student loans I only buy games on sale, and even then the sale price needs to be >$5 basically. Plus I live in the US so I'm biased about not caring about regional pricing.
Post edited March 11, 2015 by tfishell