It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

A question more about the thread itself.

Am I the only one who very often struggles to open the last page of this thread?
Very often I get the GoG bear without any error.

I assume we got so many posts in here now, that the GoG database starts to struggle while handling this thread because I get it with a Firefox and default posts per page as well as with a vivaldi with max posts per page.
randomuser.833: A question more about the thread itself.

Am I the only one who very often struggles to open the last page of this thread?
Very often I get the GoG bear without any error.

I assume we got so many posts in here now, that the GoG database starts to struggle while handling this thread because I get it with a Firefox and default posts per page as well as with a vivaldi with max posts per page.
It is not just this thread. The main problem of the general forum is the amount of huge threads with 10.000+ posts. All of them are problematic. At times where you have lots of internet traffic in Europe (weekend or after work) you will see a slow down of the whole website. Loading one of these huge threads is particularly problematic then. The general forum has also hiccups when several of these threads are bumped in a short time. The other subforums (including the German subforum) don't have these problems to that extent because there aren't these huge threads. That's why I think every huge thread needs to be closed and replaced with a fresh new one. But this should probably discussed not in this thread.
Post edited July 10, 2022 by toma85
high rated
fix

https://www.gog.com/forum/general/games_that_are_unofficially_confirmed_for_release_on_gog_in_the_future_part_3
Anyone knows what happened to Sega game releases?
It's been a month since announcement and we have (almost) nothing.
MadPilgrim: Anyone knows what happened to Sega game releases?
Could just be that SEGA wants to take things slowly.
Or maybe SEGA got disappointed with the GOG sales. Perhaps they were expecting millions from DRM-free sales and just got a few thousand $$$. Which is obviously to be expected from a game which is almost 8 years old and ran its "profit" time. Nothing unexpected about that... Expect for a few guys like me who don't own steam accounts all the other folk has already purchased the game in the other stores.

But in this current age of absolute greed and absolute stupidity it wouldn't shock me the least to know that someone at SEGA is disappointed at the sales figures and is reconsidering selling more games here. And maybe the same applies to SONY and the other "big dumbphucks" who no longer land their old games here.

Maybe we'll get more games soon, maybe not. Only time will tell. If they prove smarter than I think, then they'll get my money.
low rated
Of course no one knows, other than GOG itself, and they never talk about stuff like that.

We cannot use powers of divination or anything to divine what's going on though, so no one other than GOG could actually answer that question (which they probably won't).

SEGA seems to have been the new publisher that GOG had signed a contract with though which GOG bragged about to their shareholders recently as having signed a contract with a publisher that they expect will increase their revenues.

So in that case, even if SEGA wasn't happy with the sales of their first game on GOG, then they'd still have to release other games on GOG as per the terms of their contract...but of course, we GOG customers have no access to know what the actual terms are in that contract.
I guess Sega do not want to overload new games. If they release all of the signed games at GOG at once, many will just buy a few and wait for later, better sales. If the games arrive one after the other (possibly at the start of a major sale) people are more motivated to buy them each at a time.
high rated
Ueber: I guess Sega do not want to overload new games. If they release all of the signed games at GOG at once, many will just buy a few and wait for later, better sales. If the games arrive one after the other (possibly at the start of a major sale) people are more motivated to buy them each at a time.
Yeah, I also think they are simply diluting the releases to maximize the revenue and impact of each game. These contracts are signed months in advance and they probably have everything already planned.
low rated
Well, there's a couple more titles that have store pages up already and will arrive at some point, but when that will happen no one knows. It's anyone's guess if anything will come after that, but it's safe to say that it will be strictly "western" titles, and nothing from Sega's Japanese studios like Atlus.

karnak1: Could just be that SEGA wants to take things slowly.
Or maybe SEGA got disappointed with the GOG sales. Perhaps they were expecting millions from DRM-free sales and just got a few thousand $$$. Which is obviously to be expected from a game which is almost 8 years old and ran its "profit" time. Nothing unexpected about that... Expect for a few guys like me who don't own steam accounts all the other folk has already purchased the game in the other stores.

But in this current age of absolute greed and absolute stupidity it wouldn't shock me the least to know that someone at SEGA is disappointed at the sales figures and is reconsidering selling more games here. And maybe the same applies to SONY and the other "big dumbphucks" who no longer land their old games here.

Maybe we'll get more games soon, maybe not. Only time will tell. If they prove smarter than I think, then they'll get my money.
It's hard to say what Sega is expecting from these GOG releases. I doubt the expectations are much, but there's gotta be a threshold that needs to be met otherwise it's not worth the effort to release games here at all. Where is that bar? Only Sega knows.

Any sales they would have made off these games are from people who'll only buy on GOG, or from people who're willing to double-dip on a GOG release. Is that number big enough for them to continue on after the already confirmed titles release? We will see.

All these games are also old enough that the GOG release isn't "taking away" from the S**** release. A S**** sale would be considered more valuable to them, because of it being S**** and the visibility that sales and interest bring on that platform, which in turn would lead to more money for Sega in the end.

I think there was some of that going on with Sony also. I believe Sony was not happy with Horizon Zero Dawns sales, and I think there was a feeling that it just being on GOG negatively affected the sales on other stores. Again, going with the idea (which is logically sound) that a sale on the other store is more "valuable" then it would make sense.

And I also believe that the Cyberpunk 2077 debacle on Playstation really damaged any relationship that Sony and CD Projekt had. I mean, money and sales can "mend" a lot of bridges, but I guess the fact that Days Gone and God of War aren't on GOG says all we need to know.

Like I said in a previous topic - It's one thing to leave your doors unlocked every now and then, but it's something totally different to have a sign out front saying they are. Being DRM free is one thing, but openly advertising it is something else. The latter is just not something a lot of studios are willing to get on board with.

When you have games that are costing tens and even hundreds of millions of dollars to make, then you're going to want to "lock up" if you will, or at the very least not advertise it in such a way. Not to mention that you could probably argue that the company has a legal responsibility to ensure that a publicly traded company is making the most money possible for their shareholders investments. There are different ways or thoughts about doing that, but you can't really blame anyone for doing what they think will ensure the most software sales possible for something they poured so much energy and resources into.
my main interest for SEGA releases is getting Dawn of War Complete here, I'm disappointed it wasn't confirmed as, from what I can tell, it is the most-voted SEGA-published release on the wishlist.

(this really isn't the thread for talking about this, but I did want to speak my piece :P)

But on the bright side, we're used to not getting mainstream big-budget AAA games here so we won't have a sadness fest when they don't show up. (unless GOG will DIIIIIIIEEEEE without them, but that'd make a number of users happy) Unless we love to be angry and sad for the dopamine and/or seratonin. :-D
Post edited July 16, 2022 by tfishell
So, uhm ... Stray on Tuesday? :|
high rated
One "unofficially" confirmed thread to rule them all, one thread to find them, one thread to bring them all and in the darkness bind them!
deleted (wrong thread, sorry - did not want to necro this old one)
Post edited May 03, 2023 by MarkoH01
Deleted, sorry for posting in the old thread!
Post edited May 05, 2023 by Phaidox
Phaidox: [...]
Please post here:
https://www.gog.com/forum/general/games_that_are_unofficially_confirmed_for_release_on_gog_in_the_future_part_3

... and let sleeping dogs lie. If any mods wander onto this thread, please do lock it.
Post edited May 05, 2023 by WinterSnowfall