It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Alexim: Thanks, Civ5 has been around since the dawn of time, maybe around the time of Skyrim and the various Assassin's Creed games, so I wouldn't know whether to consider it still active or if it's more of an aborted project. Have you noticed any "activity"?

I really forgot about RAGE. Also I noticed that Star Trek: Invasion had also been leaked among the possible upcoming titles, but there doesn't seem to be any trace of it, can anyone confirm that it got the facelift on Galaxy?
Just curious: are you saying that there are entries for Skyrim and other Assassin's Creed games on GOG database? And that they've been there for a long time?
If I am not mistaken, there were alo rumors about Command & Cnonquer games, but those also died. I hope we receive C&C remastered bundle one day.
Post edited September 10, 2021 by Sulibor
Alexim: Thanks, Civ5 has been around since the dawn of time, maybe around the time of Skyrim and the various Assassin's Creed games, so I wouldn't know whether to consider it still active or if it's more of an aborted project. Have you noticed any "activity"?

I really forgot about RAGE. Also I noticed that Star Trek: Invasion had also been leaked among the possible upcoming titles, but there doesn't seem to be any trace of it, can anyone confirm that it got the facelift on Galaxy?
bluethief: Just curious: are you saying that there are entries for Skyrim and other Assassin's Creed games on GOG database? And that they've been there for a long time?
Not exactly in the database, but our valuable dataminers had found some strong evidence pointing to the games in question. The exact nature of the evidence has never been revealed, otherwise we may be deprived of future leaks.

My guess is that back in the day GOG managed to snag some major concessions, but it probably took too long, or technical problems arose, and the publishers of those games blew the whole deal. After that there was the rush to personal launchers, which shut the various publishers into their own little gardens until now.
Post edited September 10, 2021 by Alexim
bluethief: Just curious: are you saying that there are entries for Skyrim and other Assassin's Creed games on GOG database? And that they've been there for a long time?
If I recall correctly Skyrim was hinted at by a resolving forum page or something of the like, nothing more. And this was ages ago. Don't remember ever hearing anything about any Assassin's Creed games.
I guess in the case of "SKyrim". The mods of "Skyrim special edition" have broken the potential release on gog =/
high rated
New companies in the catalog:

Greylock Studio => Severed Steel (release: September 17):

Severed Steel is a single-player FPS featuring a fluid stunt system, destructible voxel environments, loads of bullet time, and a unique one-armed protagonist. It’s you, your trigger finger, and a steel-toed boot against a superstructure full of bad guys. Chain together wall runs, dives, flips, and slides to take every last enemy down.

Key features

A unique fighter: Play as Steel, a nimble, one-armed sharpshooter on a mission. There is no reloading – pick your shots well and be ready to pry a loaded weapon from your enemies’ cold dead hands
Stylish combat: Dodge bullets, leap off walls, slide kick, throw weapons – do whatever it takes to come out on top in intense and frenzied firefights
Fully destructible environment: Pepper through plaster with sharp 4.7 mm rounds, punch through thick concrete with .50 cal slugs, or make big holes in things with your arm cannon
Dynamic AI: No two battles are the same thanks to dynamic, unscripted, squad-based AI
Wreckit Games => Elements:

Find the Stones

There are eight elements scattered throughout this vast world. It's your destiny to find them and make sure they don't make it into the wrong hands. Find the stones. Save the world.

adventure awaits

Explore the open world the way you like, on your own time. Mount creatures to get around faster. Build the tree house of your dreams. The path to saving the world is yours to forge.

Harness Elemental magic

You will gain more power with each element you find. Collect all of the elemental fragments to increase your magical abilities. Use your magic wisely. Elements are affected by others in unique ways.

Gear Up

There are tons of weapons, armor and elemental gear to find and craft. Mix and match your gear to suit your play style and express yourself.
Post edited September 10, 2021 by The-Business
Alexim: Not My guess is that back in the day GOG managed to snag some major concessions, but it probably took too long, or technical problems arose, and the publishers of those games blew the whole deal. After that there was the rush to personal launchers, which shut the various publishers into their own little gardens until now.
Hopefully, at least some of them will disappear again when the publishers realize that they're just an annoyance for the customer and not exactly free to operate.
Alexim: Hidden data:
The Abbey
Mafia: Definitive Edition
WinterSnowfall: +Civ5
+RAGE
+Elasto Mania 1 & 2
+Wages of War

And maybe a couple of others I've missed... As to when any of them will be released, who knows.

Turns out I had the entries for Star Trek: Elite Force (1 & 2) on my radar, just could not figure out what they were about. Those were added to the GOG database in early 2020, just to give you an idea how long these things last...
Oh stop it with the Civ5 already. It's never coming :(
I don't really understand why you folks are so eager to have CiV5 here, while we still miss the greatest game of the series (and the greatest strategy game of all time) - Civ1.

But I'm pretty sure Civ5 will be here sooner. Probably when Civ7 got a release or when Civ5 won't sell on Steam sale at all.
The Civ V hints happened years ago IIRC. Maybe the game is too tied to Steamworks when it comes to multiplayer or modding, and GOG staff never managed to do a proper DRM-free standalone? I dunno... In any case the main game is over a decade old by now.
SLP2000: I don't really understand why you folks are so eager to have CiV5 here, while we still miss the greatest game of the series (and the greatest strategy game of all time) - Civ1.

But I'm pretty sure Civ5 will be here sooner. Probably when Civ7 got a release or when Civ5 won't sell on Steam sale at all.
Well, Civ 1 started it, but the best version was Civ 4 imho.
But I would also like to see Civ I and II here, oh, and Test of Time. I`m a CIV fan since the first one, played it when it came out on the Amiga. :-)
high rated
Signs of Culpa Innata have been spotted in the GOG underworld.

Perhaps an upcoming "adventure week" is prowling?

Alexim: [...]
Another one to keep track of if you're maintaining that list ;).
Post edited September 12, 2021 by WinterSnowfall
WinterSnowfall: Signs of Culpa Innata have been spotted in the GOG underworld.

Perhaps an upcoming "adventure week" is prowling?
SPPPYYYFFOOOOXXXX!!!1111!!12!!!!!!

:P
tfishell: SPPPYYYFFOOOOXXXX!!!1111!!12!!!!!!

:P
I certainly wouldn't mind it :P. Alas, there's no sign of Professor Quack in the GOG underworld.
high rated
New company in the catalog: Drakkar Dev for Blackwind:
Blackwind is a top-down sci-fi action game that puts you in the shoes of a teenager trapped inside a prototype battle armor suit during an alien invasion. Face off against enemies, cut through their ranks, and fight back in a last-ditch attempt to stop a planetary invasion.

When the starship Pandora is shot down, James Hawkins finds himself trapped inside a military prototype Battle Frame armor as he hurtles towards Medusa-42. As the Raknos hordes ravage the planet and leave every human mining colony in ruins, James doesn’t have long to discover how to operate the Battle Frame if he wants to survive his dangerous surroundings and find his missing father.

But James isn’t alone on his quest – an unexpected ally hides inside his Battle Frame…

Choose your playstyle: Engage in melee combat, shoot at will, launch missiles at enemies, or use special Battle Suit powers to survive showdowns.
Fiercely terminate your opponents with brutal moves.
Evolve your Battle Frame with new powers and expand your skill tree.
Use the Battle Frame Drone to expand your fighting and exploring capabilities in the single-player campaign.
Local Coop Mode: the Battle Frame and its Drone can be controlled by two players.