It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

The-Business: NUKKLEAR: Maybe for Comanche, an attack helicopter arcade simulation
*Sigh*. Not the Novalogic Comanche then... my watch has not ended.
The-Business: NUKKLEAR: Maybe for Comanche, an attack helicopter arcade simulation
WinterSnowfall: *Sigh*. Not the Novalogic Comanche then... my watch has not ended.
Doesn't completely rule out the release of the classic Comanche series (alongside the new one maybe?) though, now does it?
Or are they too stuck in some kind of legality limbo I'm not aware of?
Swedrami: Doesn't completely rule out the release of the classic Comanche series (alongside the new one maybe?) though, now does it?
No, not at all.

Swedrami: Or are they too stuck in some kind of legality limbo I'm not aware of?
Quite the contrary since THQ Nordic now owns the Novalogic IP. I'm not sure what's the hold-up to be honest...
Never mind. Not relevant anymore. Sorry.
Post edited June 19, 2021 by acute71
Swedrami: Doesn't completely rule out the release of the classic Comanche series (alongside the new one maybe?) though, now does it?
WinterSnowfall: No, not at all.

Swedrami: Or are they too stuck in some kind of legality limbo I'm not aware of?
WinterSnowfall: Quite the contrary since THQ Nordic now owns the Novalogic IP. I'm not sure what's the hold-up to be honest...
The helicopter itself might be the problem as it is based off of a real helicopter made by Boeing/Sikorsky. They may be licensing its use per game.
high rated
karnak1: StarCrawlers Chimera - the sequel/spin-off for StarCrawlers is now on Kickstarter
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/125859261/starcrawlers-chimera/description

The devs state that they want the game to come to GOG:
"We have already spoken to GOG but don't have any definite news yet, however given that StarCrawlers is available on their store, we are confident Chimera will be released there as well. We will announce when and if there is news regarding new platforms."
UPDATE : We'll also be on the GOG store!

We're excited to announce we have finalized an agreement with Good Old Games to bring StarCrawlers Chimera to the GOG store. As soon as we are able to, we will issue GOG keys in place of Steam keys for those who would prefer to play through GOG.
WinterSnowfall: No, not at all.

Quite the contrary since THQ Nordic now owns the Novalogic IP. I'm not sure what's the hold-up to be honest...
pjpsyco: The helicopter itself might be the problem as it is based off of a real helicopter made by Boeing/Sikorsky. They may be licensing its use per game.
Perhaps, but the Comanche program was cancelled in 2004, but they still may own the "rights" to it, so time will tell or there are technical difficulties as C3 Gold has issues running on modern systems, though 1 and 2 run on dos, so we may see them soon as well. C4 runs flawlessly last time I checked.

but yeah I wonder what the IP rights to military hardware, cancelled or otherwise are...
high rated
New companies in the catalog:

Access Software, Inc.: classic game inbound (assuming there is no place to update the entries for the Tex Murphy series)

EQ Studios, likely for Scene Investigators:

Set in the near future, you play as a trainee in pursuit of becoming a licensed investigator. Presented with a set of case files, some simple while others challenging, the goal is to solve them and pass the test. Your only tools are your keen perception, mental sharpness, and real-life experience. Can you solve them all?
Post edited June 21, 2021 by The-Business
The-Business: New companies in the catalog:

Access Software, Inc.: classic game inbound (assuming there is no place to update the entries for the Tex Murphy series)
I was trying to find out who owns Crime Wave, Countdown and Amazon: Guardians of Eden - I even wrote to the gyus who own Tex Murphy (Word Play) and Aaron Conners pointed me to Big Finish Games, but I had no time to work on it. Maybe I won't have to.
Denuvo will be removed for NieR Automata. It's safe to except the game to land here someday, because of Square Enix :
[url=https://steamdb.info/app/524220/history/?changeid=U:24088901]Link to SteamDB[/url]
Post edited June 22, 2021 by Babiboule
Babiboule: Denuvo will be removed for NieR Automata. It's safe to except the game to land here someday, because of Square Enix :
[url=https://steamdb.info/app/524220/history/?changeid=U:24088901]Link to SteamDB[/url]
Oh I really really hope it shows up then.. As I can further move away from Steam and get a most likily better running version of the game
high rated
Babiboule: Denuvo will be removed for NieR Automata. It's safe to except the game to land here someday, because of Square Enix :
I like your optimism, but Japanese Square Enix games are not (yet?) on GOG.
Hope so but may be a while as there are a number of Square games that are not here from the Tomb Raider Legend Trilogy, Final Fantasy and Dragon Quest, the Just Cause series, Life is Strange 2, Romancing Saga series, etc.

Probably get something like Left Alive and such before Neir lands.
high rated
Denuvo being removed elsewhere is not an indication of anything, one way or the other.
high rated
That's not a confirmation. That's wishful thinking, especially considering that Square Enix has yet to release a single Japanese game here.