It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Gandos: Though I'm quite curious as to what those "reasons" were, I am nevertheless thrilled that we'll finally be getting the Ys games on GOG. The fact that we might be getting Half-Minute Hero, a game I've heard good things about, as well is just icing on the cake.

Combined with the (near) confirmation that Corpse Party will be released here, the only PC game from Marvelous/XSEED that we're missing is Skullgirls. Well, that and it remains to be seen if GOG will get Trails in the Sky: Second Chapter (though I'm keeping my fingers crossed).
omega64: I'll buy the Ys game here immediately, don't even care I already own them on Steam.
Any clues if there will be differences between this corpse party and the PSP version?
Based on my limited knowledge and research, the PSP version was based off of the PC version (which in turn was a remake of a freeware PC-98 game). They are mostly identical in terms of content, but the PC version has a special RPG-like sub-chapter whereas the PSP version has extra chapters that deal with backstory. Also, the PSP version included some enhancements, such as better background graphics, the inclusion of CGI event artwork and a voiceover done by professional voice actors (the original VO was done by amateurs).

It's possible that XSEED will do the same thing they did with TitS and program the PSP improvements into their release of the PC version. That said, even if that ends up being the case, it remains to be seen what will happen to the voiceover. Unlike the PSP version of TitS, the PSP version of Corpse Party had the Japanese voiceover in the localised releases. However, Japanese VOs are notoriously problematic to get rights to, so the localised PC version might just have the original one or none at all.
Post edited January 21, 2015 by Gandos
omega64: I'll buy the Ys game here immediately, don't even care I already own them on Steam.
Any clues if there will be differences between this corpse party and the PSP version?
Gandos: Based on my limited knowledge and research, the PSP version was based off of the PC version (which in turn was a remake of a freeware PC-98 game). They are mostly identical in terms of content, but the PC version has a special RPG-like sub-chapter whereas the PSP version has extra chapters that deal with backstory. Also, the PSP version included some enhancements, such as better background graphics, the inclusion of CGI event artwork and a voiceover done by professional voice actors (the original VO was done by amateurs).

It's possible that XSEED will do the same thing they did with TitS and program the PSP improvements into their release of the PC version. That said, even if that ends up being the case, it remains to be seen what will happen to the voiceover. Unlike the PSP version of TitS, the PSP version of Corpse Party had the Japanese voiceover in the localised releases. However, Japanese VOs are notoriously problematic to get rights to, so the localised PC version might just have the original one or none at all.
Ah, I might not get it if it doesn't have the japanese voiceovers, that would be a shame. :l
I didn't know some of the PSP chapters were extra, interesting.
Post edited January 21, 2015 by omega64
Fahrenheit: Indigo Prophecy remastered did appear on Amazon.com and is released by...
http://www.amazon.com/Fahrenheit-Ind.../dp/B00SLXWUCE
...Aspyr!
Post edited January 26, 2015 by RadonGOG
Bad news on the War For The Overworld front:

"Unfortunately at this time we will be unable to sell on GOG due to our reliance on the Steamworks architecture for several crucial internal components within the game. While it is possible that GOG Galaxy may provide a solution, we simply do not have the resources at this time to investigate whether we could introduce it to WFTO. Finishing and releasing the game has to take priority.

With that said we are always eager to provide additional avenues for players to purchase War for the Overworld and we've long been aware of the support for GOG. As such we will be happy to look into it post-release, once the smoke has settled.

We're deeply sorry to all our fans who are eagerly awaiting War for the Overworld's release on GOG and hope that one day we will see the game listed on their pages."

If you would buy a GOG release you might let them know:

https://twitter.com/WFTOGame
https://www.facebook.com/wftogame
https://forum.subterraneangames.com/misc/contact
tfishell: Bad news on the War For The Overworld front:

"Unfortunately at this time we will be unable to sell on GOG due to our reliance on the Steamworks architecture for several crucial internal components within the game. While it is possible that GOG Galaxy may provide a solution, we simply do not have the resources at this time to investigate whether we could introduce it to WFTO. Finishing and releasing the game has to take priority.
What a load of bullshit!

Another developper who likes to lick Valve's steaming balls then.
Well, they won't have my money.

karnak1: What a load of bullshit!

How is it bullshit?
Not having the resources at this time seems pretty believable.

With that said we are always eager to provide additional avenues for players to purchase War for the Overworld and we've long been aware of the support for GOG. As such we will be happy to look into it post-release, once the smoke has settled.

We're deeply sorry to all our fans who are eagerly awaiting War for the Overworld's release on GOG and hope that one day we will see the game listed on their pages."

If you would buy a GOG release you might let them know:

https://twitter.com/WFTOGame
https://www.facebook.com/wftogame
https://forum.subterraneangames.com/misc/contact
That's unfortunate. I was truly hoping for it to come here. I'll be waiting as well, and maybe never get it if it doesn't come here.
karnak1: What a load of bullshit!

omega64: How is it bullshit?
Aw, come on, man!

How did pople manage to make games without Steam before?

What's the next step?
Microsoft will buy Valve and Steam will become SteamWin, the next PC OS?

Ok, ok... I admit.

I'm tired of Steam and all its monopoly.

As a poster once stated in a thread, it's almost as if most developpers thought Steam = PC gaming
Post edited January 30, 2015 by karnak1
Interesting possibility, however unlikely due to legal reasons.

I sent Rifftrax a tweet:

https://twitter.com/RiffTrax/status/561261888525193218

Me: "@RiffTrax @michaeljnelson @kwmurphy @BillCorbett Can you guys get any of your stuff onto @GOGcom 's movie section? http://www.gog.com/movies##sort=bestselling&page=1 …"

"@tytbone Never heard of it! We'll check it out."

Few minutes later...
"Also out of curiosity, is there a reason you would like our stuff on there as opposed to another platform? Thanks for any info!"

Me: "@RiffTrax I like to support @GOGcom whenever possible b/c I like their "values" if you will, DRM-free & refund policy being big ones. :)"

I got a follow-up "Thanks" (it was mentioned that their content is actually DRM-free on their site), and I passed along GOG's email addresses.
Post edited January 31, 2015 by tfishell
omega64: How is it bullshit?
karnak1: Aw, come on, man!

How did pople manage to make games without Steam before?

What's the next step?
Microsoft will buy Valve and Steam will become SteamWin, the next PC OS?

Ok, ok... I admit.

I'm tired of Steam and all its monopoly.

As a poster once stated in a thread, it's almost as if most developpers thought Steam = PC gaming
I hope you didn't misunderstand.
I'm not saying it's ok Developer's tie themselves to something like Steam.
It's just that in this case once they are already tied to Steam I understand they don't have the resources right now to convert the game.
tfishell: I sent Rifftrax a tweet:
Well, they may have never heard of GOG, but two can play that game! Seriously, I actually had to look up who they were. First I thought they were selling movies, but... it's just movie commentary? How odd. I'm kind of doubtful GOG would care much one way or the other.

omega64: It's just that in this case once they are already tied to Steam I understand they don't have the resources right now to convert the game.
I'm kind of inclined to pull the bullshit card, too. Sure at this point in time it seems unlikely anyway as the game still isn't even remotely done yet, but "crucial internal components"? Yeah... right. The only thing it may have any real impact on is maybe multiplayer, and that's about it.
Post edited January 31, 2015 by mistermumbles
tfishell: I sent Rifftrax a tweet:
mistermumbles: Well, they may have never heard of GOG, but two can play that game! Seriously, I actually had to look up who they were. First I thought they were selling movies, but... it's just movie commentary? How odd. I'm kind of doubtful GOG would care much one way or the other.
Have you heard of Mystery Science Theater 3000? Rifftrax is essentially the new version of that from some of the old MST3K guys.
andysheets1975: Have you heard of Mystery Science Theater 3000? Rifftrax is essentially the new version of that from some of the old MST3K guys.
Now MST3K or Rifftrax on GOG would be really interesting!

♫ In the not-too-distant future... ♫
mistermumbles: Well, they may have never heard of GOG, but two can play that game! Seriously, I actually had to look up who they were. First I thought they were selling movies, but... it's just movie commentary? How odd. I'm kind of doubtful GOG would care much one way or the other.
andysheets1975: Have you heard of Mystery Science Theater 3000? Rifftrax is essentially the new version of that from some of the old MST3K guys.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g5FhExAaGBM
Reever: Any news about Underrail? Do we know if the Dev wants to sell the game over here?
Glad I searched (though I'm surprised I never posted the response I got, apparently; maybe elsewhere?).

About a month ago:

"Yes, there are plans to release [Underrail on GOG], though it's ultimately [up] to GOG.com.

Btw, the game is available DRM free already on Desura (it has stand-alone installer) if it's just DRM free you're looking for, though I understand if you also prefer GOG.com as a platform.

Cheers,
Styg"
Post edited February 01, 2015 by tfishell