It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

SEGA on GOG ?
Nahhhh .... No way.

But the man can dream ('Alpha Protocol' & AVP please).
FulVal: So Sega it's on Gog now or not?
Kyousuke.: As others have already said, it's better to hold your horse. Granted, I wouldn't mind the yakuza games to be released on GOG after SEGA finally ditched denuvo at least for that franchise, but I don't want to get my hopes up too much...
damn that would be amazing. love the yakuza series.
Steam DRM is super-easy to crack, correct? If so I continue to find it odd that publishers don't let GOG release their games here once once they remove Denuvo, especially if the game is like 3+ years old.
tfishell: Steam DRM is super-easy to crack, correct?
Absolutely. ;)

tfishell: If so I continue to find it odd that publishers don't let GOG release their games here once once they remove Denuvo, especially if the game is like 3+ years old.
You are not alone in this.
Post edited January 28, 2020 by Edward_Carnby
The Sonic movie is out in a couple weeks, so if they are to release at least some Sonic games, I guess that would be the right time to do it? If not, it'll be clear we can't expect SEGA to be any different than Capcom or Namco.
tfishell: Steam DRM is super-easy to crack, correct? If so I continue to find it odd that publishers don't let GOG release their games here once once they remove Denuvo, especially if the game is like 3+ years old.
So it would be if such publishers were more far-sighted.
But their strong pro-DRM position is not compatible with such a simple and obvious way to grab some more (not big, but easy) money even from an old and already cracked games.
And Japanese publishers in this regard are the most s̶t̶o̶n̶e̶d̶ stubborn.
high rated
Well, regardless of Sega/Capcom/Bandai-Namco/etc.'s stance, we are making progress. More and more of the smaller guys are starting to support the platform more regularly. NIS America, for example, is actually giving us games day-and-date now. Baby steps.
Edward_Carnby: But the man can dream ('Alpha Protocol' & AVP please).
Alpha Protocol has music rights issues* so isn't being sold any more except for any residual physical copies. That issue would have to be sorted out or the music removed, though AP would definitely be a good fit here.

*"Turn up the Radio"/ Autograph was licensed for 10 years.
Edward_Carnby: But the man can dream ('Alpha Protocol' & AVP please).
Phasmid: Alpha Protocol has music rights issues* so isn't being sold any more except for any residual physical copies. That issue would have to be sorted out or the music removed, though AP would definitely be a good fit here.

*"Turn up the Radio"/ Autograph was licensed for 10 years.
Is that one song the only issue? They removed the audio from Mafia 1, obviously there was some blowback for that but if they could remove the problematic music from Alpha Protocol, maybe that would be better than nothing. (The only thing about Mafia 1 is I think it's overpriced, especially with the removed music; it ought to be $10)
So far as anyone is aware that song is literally the only issue.

Sega managed to muddy the waters a lot because one of their people initially said that the rights to the game had expired (with the inference that Obsidian owned it now), but it was later clarified to music rights and that is the only licensed music in the game. IIRC it isn't even a song that would be heard in many playthroughs, and you only get it/ the stereo that plays it by handling the Moscow missions a particular way.

I presume a fix would literally involve sticking in a replacement generic muzak wav/ ogg or whatever as a replacement, but Sega seems to want to pretend AP never happened so cannot be bothered.

Source if interested.
GabiMoro: Is there any hint for Mass Effect series? I might cave in and buy the DLC packs on Origin if I see them at 70% off, but I'd rather have them on GOG.
None of the games, including Andromeda, need the internet to run any portion of the games. Same for all the Dragon Age's.... I don't know why we don't have them yet. Hell we have ubi here too the Assassins Creed's and Watch Dogs dont need internet either :(
Phasmid: So far as anyone is aware that song is literally the only issue.

Sega managed to muddy the waters a lot because one of their people initially said that the rights to the game had expired (with the inference that Obsidian owned it now), but it was later clarified to music rights and that is the only licensed music in the game. IIRC it isn't even a song that would be heard in many playthroughs, and you only get it/ the stereo that plays it by handling the Moscow missions a particular way.

I presume a fix would literally involve sticking in a replacement generic muzak wav/ ogg or whatever as a replacement, but Sega seems to want to pretend AP never happened so cannot be bothered.

Source if interested.
I don't know how technically challenging that could be but it sounds like an easy fix, if indeed that is the only legal issue. It plays during a boss fight with an "80s obsessed Russian mafioso" apparently. Surely there's a generic '80s sounding song replacement. (Or GOG just removes it and has no music play, not ideal but whatever could get the game back up.)

In any case, the game has over 2,000 combined votes on the wishlist -

https://www.gog.com/wishlist/games#search=alpha%20p&order=votes_total -

so I believe GOG would love to have it here (especially if they get it for a period of exclusivity before it would return to Steam).
Post edited January 29, 2020 by tfishell
Chacranajxy: Well, regardless of Sega/Capcom/Bandai-Namco/etc.'s stance, we are making progress. More and more of the smaller guys are starting to support the platform more regularly. NIS America, for example, is actually giving us games day-and-date now. Baby steps.
This. Kinda sad that they didn't even try to sell disgaea games here yet, but oh well, there is still hope...
Born Punk
New publisher in the catalog: Another Indie as standalone (is already in combination in the catalog for Legrand Legacy). Nairi, Yuppie Psycho and Shots Fired would be along my alley, but could also be for the upcoming Elden: Path of the Forgotten.