It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

The-Business: New person in the catalog: Cleveland Mark Blakemore. Sounds like Grimoire because 'Golden Era Games' has also been added as company.
Oh Zeus, have mercy.
I am thrilled about the Grimoire news!! It is about time. Despite purchasing the DRM-free itch version already, I am putting my money where my mouth is and buying it here when it arrives too. Other than bigger "AAA" experiences from the last decade or so, RPGs like Grimoire are the type of game I want to see here. Here's hoping that other dungeon crawlers are re-considered...Agony too.
low rated
If we will really get Grimoire on GOG, then this Christmas will be the most awesome and most amazing Christmas in my life, ever! This is too good to be true.

Thank you very much The-Business for excavating this information :-)))
I already own Grimoire on Steam and itch.io - and I'll purchase it again if it gets released here. Why? Because for the time of half a year when I played through this game - nay: piece of art - it was like a second life. I played many RPGs since the early 90ies, but Grimoire is special and unique. It's like a game from the heydays of the genre with a very individual touch, at first it seems difficult to get into it, you'll die a lot, but after some practice it rewards every effort. I played it by reading some of the guides in the internet and mostly by just trying out stuff - and it worked very well. This game is so fully packed with adventure, with tales of fallen cities and sunken civilizations, with endless forests and cities, deep caverns and high mountains... There are very ingenious puzzles to solve and many quirky and unique characters to meet. When I began playing the game I was hesitant about it - but now, after finishing in about 300 hours (!) I can clearly state: Grimoire has to be one of the best, most memorable and most rewarding RPG-experiences I ever had. That's why I'll purchase it again here on GOG if it gets released.
Post edited December 12, 2019 by Wolfram_von_Thal
though i already have grimoir on itch, im really really looking forward to its release here... mostly for the release thread antics that will likely follow :D
Post edited December 12, 2019 by fortune_p_dawg
Is Grimoir being released without announcement page and thread to avoid further polemics?
Dogmaus: Is Grimoir being released without announcement page and thread to avoid further polemics?
https://www.gog.com/news/release_grimoire_heralds_of_the_winged_exemplar
I saw it minutes later, it was still unannounced when I post. Thanks anyway.
The-Business: New company in the catalog: Veitikka Studios, possibly for Armored Brigade:

Focusing on delivering a realistic, authentic command experience, Armored Brigade is a tactical war game focusing on combined arms operations set against the background of a Cold War gone hot. With possible engagements dates ranging from 1965 to 1991, Armored Brigade combines gritty realism with challenging gameplay as the West and East collide in a spectacular fashion across massive battlefields.

The game has drawn inspiration from classics such as Steel Panthers, Close Combat and Combat Mission.
Main features:

Real-time engine
Time period: 1965-1991
Factions: US, USSR, West and East Germany, UK, Finland and Poland
DLC factions: Italy, Yugoslavia, France and Belgium
Campaign and battle generators for unlimited replayability
Lowest level unit is a single team/vehicle
Dynamic AI
Huge maps, based on real terrain. The maximum battle size is about 15x15 kilometers
Neutral units
Artillery with several munition types
Close air support, air defences. Air-to-air engagements are possible
Fortifications, obstacles and breaching
Dynamic time of day and variable visibility, wind and ground conditions
Night vision equipment, smoke generators, illumination flares
Unit morale, training level and fatigue, command delay
A database editor for the factions, units, weapons etc.
3D sound engine
The-Business:
I see that my "buy it on Steam, because obviously its never coming to GOG" -mojo is still working.

That said, game is excellent.
high rated
New companies or peoples in the catalog: Portable Moose and Steve Gabry for Sally Face (release Dec 13):
A Dark Mystery is Unfolding...

Delve into an unsettling adventure following the boy with a prosthetic face and a tragic past. In the first episode, Strange Neighbors, Sally Face and his father move into an apartment filled with odd tenants and an unfortunate crime scene. Little did they know what misfortune still awaits...

Unravel the sinister mysteries of Sally's story to find the truth that lies hidden beneath the shadows.
Story Driven, 2D Sidescrolling Adventure.

Players will interact with Sal's world, the people he meets and even explore his nightmares.

The game is composed of five episodes in total. The first episode offers a short introduction to Sally Face, which the subsequent episodes greatly expand upon.

Players can choose between Keyboard or Controller options for preferred control method.

Gameplay
Sally Face was originally a concept for an internet cartoon, back in 2007. The idea was inspired by 1990's Nicktoons but with a darker, more twisted narrative. When my animation team for that project fell apart, the characters and stories sat in my mind for the next few years.

Highlights

Handcrafted by solo dev, Steve Gabry: including art, design and music!
Inspired by 1990's Nicktoons!
Intriguing narrative will linger in your thoughts!
Speak with the dead, using handheld video game system, the Gear Boy!
Bizarre characters, ponies, headbanging and more!​
SCPM: And this one's more for the Vague signs thread, but the Galaxy 2.0 open beta trailer and news feature some placement of Blade Runner. In the image accompanying the following news post, it is the only game depicted that's not currently released or upcoming in GOG's catalog. My guess is it's releasing to kick off the holiday sale later this week.
https://www.cdprojekt.com/en/media/news/the-gog-galaxy-2-0-open-beta-is-now-available/
I haven't given up hope entirely (though I didn't have much to begin with), in case WB, CDPR, GOG, and Philip K. Dick Estate maybe worked something out. (maybe GOG somehow convinced EA to let them buy the game content, and maybe maybe maybe etc. :P)
SCPM: And this one's more for the Vague signs thread, but the Galaxy 2.0 open beta trailer and news feature some placement of Blade Runner. In the image accompanying the following news post, it is the only game depicted that's not currently released or upcoming in GOG's catalog. My guess is it's releasing to kick off the holiday sale later this week.
https://www.cdprojekt.com/en/media/news/the-gog-galaxy-2-0-open-beta-is-now-available/
tfishell: I haven't given up hope entirely (though I didn't have much to begin with), in case WB, CDPR, GOG, and Philip K. Dick Estate maybe worked something out. (maybe GOG somehow convinced EA to let them buy the game content, and maybe maybe maybe etc. :P)
Neither have I, but they better hurry, since the movie was set in November 2019, and the game shortly after, the game is about to go from sci-fi to historically inaccurate. =)
Blade Runner the videogame - it belongs in a museum!
SCPM: Robert Boyd is in talks to bring Cthulhu Saves Christmas to GOG:
https://twitter.com/werezompire/status/1204222637418962945
https://twitter.com/werezompire/status/1204452174559928321

Interestingly, he said GOG wanted Cthulhu Saves The World but Robert wasn't comfortable putting it on the store because it doesn't run so well on modern machines and doesn't sell much anymore. (I assume GOG wouldn't want to spend time working on the game themselves because of low sales possibility, maybe even a bad precedent as they seem to want to avoid working on newer-ish indie games.)

https://www.gog.com/wishlist/games/cthulhu_saves_the_world
Whoops! Wrong thread. Never mind.
Post edited December 13, 2019 by Mr.Mumbles