It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Maybe it was a mismatch of personality. Maybe you're finally giving up on an old title to free something in your backlog.

Maybe it's angry hat stomping disgust. We all quit games, so why not the why and how?

Tales of Maj'Eyal: Finally decided to lay to rest after years of "playing".
Yeah, after trying to decide if I was having fun with this or not, realizing the number of mods I had installed just to make the experience tolerable and realizing what a fresh UI can do to reinvigorate a 20 year old game (Cheers to you, Dwarf Fortress), I decided that this game was no longer worth my time or effort.

You can't even make good stories out of the game sessions.

Developers, please don't rely on the community to fix your broken mechanics.
Post edited January 20, 2023 by Darvond
Bethesda: What was that? Did someone say something?
Victor Vran. I'd bounced off this before a few years ago but I sometimes wondered if I'd been too hard on it, and plus I recently have been dealing with some grief and wanted to play something that wouldn't be too demanding, so I gave it another shot. I got further into the game this time (probably about 2/3 through), but ultimately I still find it too repetitive and dull to be enjoyable. It did the trick for me in terms of just letting me do something mindless for a while but these post-Diablo-type game aren't my style of game at all.
I don't want to say "quit", but every RPG I started I kinda just stopped because I no longer have the mental energy to remember what the hell I did last time, whereas with a linear action game I can just boot it up and not worry what came before. Does it mean I'll restart my Fallout 1 playthrough? No, but I am a bit wary of getting through Necropolis with an energy weapons build and no energy weapons.
Can I say i quit them if I only played them in passing? I mean i had some time and access to a ps4, so i tried a few free to play games available.

Warzone 2 - so buggy, so very buggy...

Apex Legends - less buggy than above, zero dev interest other than the cash shop

Any other Battle Royale - more visible cheaters than above, less active playerbase

Warframe - no time for the slow grind, which makes the game unenjoyable past the initial stages and later game content seems soft-locked behind uneven difficulty curve to me.
Pretty early in the year, but CD's recent announcement has stopped me from checking into Avengers for the foreseeable future.
honglath: Can I say i quit them if I only played them in passing? I mean i had some time and access to a ps4, so i tried a few free to play games available.

Warzone 2 - so buggy, so very buggy...

Apex Legends - less buggy than above, zero dev interest other than the cash shop

Any other Battle Royale - more visible cheaters than above, less active playerbase

Warframe - no time for the slow grind, which makes the game unenjoyable past the initial stages and later game content seems soft-locked behind uneven difficulty curve to me.
I'd count games not sticking as quitting; they are supposed to engage you, after all.
Darvond: I'd count games not sticking as quitting; they are supposed to engage you, after all.
Warzone and Apex are engaging, or addictive even. But it is their management that ruins the experience and makes you quit in frustration at the repeated waste of opportunity to improve.

And Warframe's melee combat is a joy to play, but i was automatically given a mission way above my level and I spent 2 hours on the boss only to fail because my damage output was simply too low to counter their survival ability. This wasn't like Dark Souls where you could grind away the very first boss with a rusty, broken sword. I was given a quest that simply could not be won due to outdated, artificial limitations that in my eyes sought to make me spend money to "cheat" my way through.

These games are marred by poor, uninformed or intentionally disruptive decisions at a management level in the pursuit of goals that seek to exploit the players maliciously. (I used big words to make me sound cooler)

But they are fun, I will admit that.
Shadow of the Colossus (PS5 PS Plus)

One of the worst gaming experiences in a long time. Defeated the second Colossi and couldn't face that ordeal another 14 times. Further reinforces my belief that the only good Sony games are the ones they get From Software and Atlus to make.
CMOT70: Shadow of the Colossus (PS5 PS Plus)

One of the worst gaming experiences in a long time. Defeated the second Colossi and couldn't face that ordeal another 14 times. Further reinforces my belief that the only good Sony games are the ones they get From Software and Atlus to make.
Hmm, yours seems to be a bit of an outlier, but I can also well understand how a game from the early PS2 era would not fare in this modern age.
Void Bastards - I'm not sure if the whole rougelite-schtick isn't for me or if it's the boring repetitive corridors but I simply don't enjoy it. It's plain old boring.
Post edited February 05, 2023 by Mjauv
Bioshock. I'd played this years ago and I had a good enough time although I wasn't as blown away as so many people are. I thought it would be reasonable to replay and see how it's held up, but somewhere in the middle of the Sander Cohen subplot I realized I was just kind of bored and not interested in finishing. Rapture is a cool setting for a game, but otherwise I find the game pretty underwhelming. It's neither fish nor fowl - not as good as either a full FPS or immersive sim.
Moonscars (XSX Game Pass)

It is often tagged and touted as being a 2D Dark Souls mixed with Metroidvania. It's actually neither. I got to the first boss and have found no Metroid like aspects and the there is almost no character building that makes much difference- you face the boss and the only real thing you can do is parry as best you can, nothing much else matters. This is really just an action platformer where they made the bosses hit super hard to increase difficulty. Not my type of difficult game at all.
Commandos 3 HD Remaster (Game Pass)

OMG where do I start? It only took me an hour to work out not to play this any further. The camera is terrible and borderline unusable for indoor locations. I barely made it through the tutorial. Then I struggled in the first mission to neutralize just the very first enemy, it took me 15 tries. Then I find out that there is a time limit. It's been a long time since I rage quit anything, goodbye Commandos.
Operencia

I started playing it last year, it kept me playing for a quite a while but unfortunately lost me at some point. And now I realize I'm not getting back into it.

There is a lot to like, even love, about the game. It has absolutely wonderful graphics, art design, sound, storytelling. I have rarely played a game that can create such a beautiful and magical atmosphere. Unfortunately the gameplay is a very mixed bag. The quite high difficulty of the fights will turn off rather casual/story players. And while this will initially engange the rather "hardcore" faction those will probably dislike the fact that the rest of the game is very "light", when it comes to character development (that basically doesn't exist because the entire game is build around "respec" which then eliminates a lot of decision making from the game), puzzles etc.

The pieces just don't fit together, several design decisions feel just strangely erratic and out of place, no matter from what perspective you look at it. While playing I often asked myself whether the developers knew what target audience they are aiming for or if they even ever asked that question to themselves. It's certainly not me although in a few years I'll probably start again and give the game a new chance because despite all the flaws there is just so much to like about it.
Post edited August 22, 2023 by Looger23