It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

lettmon: I quit the autism simulator after playing it for 2 hours and getting bored, you know the one that was being developed for 8 years but turned out to be sudoku set on a nice island.
I guess that game Blows?
Post edited February 28, 2016 by jepsen1977
lettmon: I quit the autism simulator after playing it for 2 hours and getting bored, you know the one that was being developed for 8 years but turned out to be sudoku set on a nice island.
I'm not sure how it's even related to autism.
Sniper Elite: Berlin 1945

At times this game encourages you to take your time, stay in cover, take shots from a distance and move around between shots. This is when the game is very fun, however these times are rare. More often than not you are detected and the enemies rush for your position or shoot at you from cover, making the game feel more like a shooting gallery than a stealth sniper game. Other times the enemy will be in such a position that it’s impossible to line up a sniper shot, you’ll need to get in close and kill them at short range with a machine gun or pistol.

But that is not what made me quit. The most egregious flaw is that sometimes enemies will 'magically' appear on the map. This almost always happens after scripted cutscenes, but also happens when you reach certain areas. This, to me, is just intolerable.

Overall though it’s hard to say if I would recommend it, if you want a pure stealth sniper game then stay away, if you’re more into a sniper/action shooting gallery game, then it would be a much better fit.
01kipper: Sniper Elite: Berlin 1945

At times this game encourages you to take your time, stay in cover, take shots from a distance and move around between shots. This is when the game is very fun, however these times are rare. More often than not you are detected and the enemies rush for your position or shoot at you from cover, making the game feel more like a shooting gallery than a stealth sniper game. Other times the enemy will be in such a position that it’s impossible to line up a sniper shot, you’ll need to get in close and kill them at short range with a machine gun or pistol.

But that is not what made me quit. The most egregious flaw is that sometimes enemies will 'magically' appear on the map. This almost always happens after scripted cutscenes, but also happens when you reach certain areas. This, to me, is just intolerable.

Overall though it’s hard to say if I would recommend it, if you want a pure stealth sniper game then stay away, if you’re more into a sniper/action shooting gallery game, then it would be a much better fit.
If you want a stealth sniper game try the third.
01kipper: King’s Bounty: The Legend

This is actually quite a fun game at the start, but it’s just too long and grindy. I played for quite a few hours and got my character to level 5, but I don’t feel that I’ve made much progress! There was too much time spent running back and forth for army maintenance. I found myself not looking forward to playing it, and dreading the number of hours it would take to complete.
I actually felt similar when playing, but resorted to cheating my way through to the end, just to see how it unfolded.

On topic: Looks like I'm going to shelf Morrowind. I've got my character to level 41 and have run into a glitch/crash/issue for which I cannot seem to find a solution. I have modded the game, and I figure it's something to do with that, but Googling for several hours hasn't turned up anything. The thought of restarting with a fresh install after putting a few dozen hours into the game just makes me cringe. I'll set this one aside for the nonce and maybe return to it far down the road once the sour taste of a borked game has left.
Apothecarium : Renaissance of Evil (HOG)

A whole lot of 'meh' in one place.

It does offer some "new features" including sequences that require an action response (mostly digging through your inventory to find a glove and then clicking the screen with the glove), and hidden object challenges that involve objects that morph back and forth between what you're looking for and something useless.

The puzzles are fine if unremarkable, but I found the whole thing a chore/bore. Plot, such as it was, was a bit of a mess. Will I finish it eventually? Errr...maybe?

First HOG I've played, where it just doesn't seem worth even the 2 or so remaining hours it would likely take to finish.

Not the worst thing ever, but not good. Grade: C- Moving on to other things in the backlog.
It's very rare for me to quit a game, even if it's very flawed I usually find something I like about it which lets me continue to the end.

With that said, I ragequit Lovely Planet a while back and I still get bouts of rage thinking about it. It has the premise for such a good game, and while I like challenging games I just couldn't stand the way the challenge was presented. I guess it doesn't fit well with my skillset, perhaps I'm too old for twitch shooters and/or lack the patience to build the muscle memory to finish it.

I got to the last world, but I couldn't take any more.
Goatbrush: It's very rare for me to quit a game, even if it's very flawed I usually find something I like about it which lets me continue to the end.

With that said, I ragequit Lovely Planet a while back and I still get bouts of rage thinking about it. It has the premise for such a good game, and while I like challenging games I just couldn't stand the way the challenge was presented. I guess it doesn't fit well with my skillset, perhaps I'm too old for twitch shooters and/or lack the patience to build the muscle memory to finish it.

I got to the last world, but I couldn't take any more.
How many worlds are there?
I'm currently near the end of the second.
omega64: How many worlds are there?
I'm currently near the end of the second.
I think there were five, unless there's an extra hidden one - I got to five at least. Maybe you'll handle it better than I did, I just found each extra mechanic added per world to get more and more irritating.
Ceville, GOG.com

This game was kind of a technical mess. It froze frequently during area transitions (which is apparently a known issue, and I'd hate to have seen in pre-patch if what I experienced was an improvement), and it wasn't really great in any event, but I soldiered on because it was kind of easy and occasionally beating point-and-click games without resorting to a walkthrough is good for my ego.

Unfortunately, it's since made the slide from "broken" to "completely nonfunctional," and refuses to load my saved games any more. I guess I could try contacting GOG's support, or move the game and save to my desktop to see if a new hardware configuration helps, but that seems like kind of a lot of work for a sort of mediocre game. So let's call this one "quit."
Post edited March 11, 2016 by BadDecissions

This is actually quite a fun game at the start, but it’s just too long and grindy. I played for quite a few hours and got my character to level 5, but I don’t feel that I’ve made much progress! There was too much time spent running back and forth for army maintenance. I found myself not looking forward to playing it, and dreading the number of hours it would take to complete.
You probably did wisely, if you only got to level 5 and already felt it's too long. I believe most players would end the game around level 30. I expect you didn't even get beyond the first continent. It's a very long game.
Might well be my all-time favourite PC game.
The Temple of Elemental Evil

I was very sad to have to quit this game :(.

I really enjoyed the character creation & advancement, the environments, and especially the turn-based combats. I played it for many hours (I didn’t count, but at least 10 including a false start). However, the reason I had to quit was due to bugs. I played with the “Circle of Eight” mod (which supposedly fixes many of the bugs) and I was careful not to do any of the things mentioned (such as using quicksave, saving during combat, and auto-saving), and I kept multiple saves, but still my saves got corrupted. And that was not the first glitch I encountered, it was just the first which broke the game. If this is the fixed version of the game, I’d hate to see the un-modded version!

I really wish I could finish this game, but at the same time I refuse to babysit the game, reload old saves to re-play various areas because my save got corrupted, and then keep my fingers crossed that an even worse bug doesn’t creep in. Pity, because otherwise it was a very fun game.
Star Wars Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast

This game started out OK as a typical FPS game set in the Star Wars universe. However, after completing a number of levels you get a lightsaber and Jedi powers, and that’s where the game begins to go downhill for me.

I found the lightsaber combat very difficult to control (I could never seem to hit anything, especially thrown), and the force powers were awkward (being bound to the F-keys by default). Personally I’m not really interested in those new things anyway, so I thought well OK I still have guns, I’ll just continue playing it as a shooter and only use the new stuff when absolutely necessary. But unfortunately at the same time the game hits a huge difficulty spike, with new enemies (including snipers with unerring aim unless you keep moving), narrow walkways (which are very easy to fall off at the best of times, let alone while attempting to run and fight), and an increasing tendency for enemies to suddenly pop out almost right on top of you.

I had played for 10 hours up to the point where I quit (I’m a very slow and methodical player), but the game was simply no longer fun for me anymore.
Post edited March 16, 2016 by 01kipper
Devilmaycry 4

There is a point when boss fights go from challenging to f**king annoying. Devilmaycry 4 is close to the f**king annoying side.

Get set on fire and exploded every five seconds by guy with damage shields and little robots that explode in your face, be sure to do enough damage to him before he regenerates while running away from you, while burning you to a crisp.

I'll probably go back to it later when I'm a little less pissed, but it's shelved currently. Shove that crap Capcom.

mrkgnao: You probably did wisely, if you only got to level 5 and already felt it's too long. I believe most players would end the game around level 30. I expect you didn't even get beyond the first continent. It's a very long game.
Might well be my all-time favourite PC game.
I really like this one as well, and I have had it installed continuously longer than any other game I own.

I may never have made it past level 10. I keep restarting. I learn so much from trial and error, and yet it feels pretty fresh each time. Love it.