It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

^Title :)

My first game quit this year is Halfway.

A very fun sci-fi themed turn-based combat game, with one huge flaw: autosaves.

I enjoyed the combat mechanics of this game (which are relatively simple and not bogged down with too many details), and the way that the story slowly unfolds itself in play.

However, I was a bit put out by the fact that the game uses autosave after each mission, and you cannot keep more than one save. I was able to live with this because at the end of each mission it asks if you want to continue, you can select “No” and continue exploring the level, or even restart the level at that point if you want to replay it. Until one mission. I think I was over halfway through the game (no pun intended), I was doing a mission and I left a few items behind as I explored, to pick up later. But then I unknowingly hit the end of the mission and instead of letting me stay behind to continue exploring (just like every other previous level) the game instead immediately returned me back to base and autosaved!! There was no possible way to go back and replay that mission again. WTF?!? *RAGE QUIT*!!!

This is the first game I’ve rage quitted in years. (Normally when I quit a game it's a much slower, more considered affair).
none yet
though im close to telling blur to fuck off again because its starting to bore me
But the year has just started! How can you quit anything?
Battlefield Bad Company on the PS3 I did almost finish, but I called it quits in the final chapter.

[spoiler warning]

Overall I found this game to be easier than it's successor Bad Company 2 that I played on the PC (but had to call it quits halfway). However, the final half of the final chapter in the first Bad Company game is brutal as well. I like to take my time in this game taking of enemies one by one and trying different approaches, but the final rush to the treasure Bad Company is after, starts with trying to get ahead of tanks crossing a bridge, making that particular mission a timed mission in which nothing should go wrong or you lose precious time. So it's a question of trying again and again, knowing exactly how to take out what enemy and what enemies to just ignore, but when I finished blowing up the first of the two bridges you gotta blow, I died. It turned out the game doesn't save at blowing up the first bridge, so for trying to get to the second, you've got to go through the whole sequence of getting to blow up the first one again.

By that time, which often happens in games where I've gotta try a battle again and again, I got an adrenaline overflow, my hands start shaking, my heart pounding, me screaming and bouncing up and down on my chair in distress. That's when I got to call it quits, as the success chances only diminish dramatically after my body-mind complex is in such a state.

I 'finished' the game by looking at a YouTube playthrough and learned that I wouldn't be able to finish this game anyway, as the final fight is a 'boss-fight' against a helicopter that can take hit after hit while it's pounding you with rockets while you stand on an open platform. Having to fight helicopters is my most-hated kind of battle in FPS games. It's where I had to call Bad Company 2 quits, it's where I despair and take months to gather courage again if I come across a helicopter attack in Crysis. Sikorsky should be put to death for inventing the helicopter.
Post edited January 07, 2016 by DubConqueror
Dessimu: But the year has just started! How can you quit anything?
Magic?
omega64: Magic?
Something like voodoo possession might be the case, yes.
omega64: Magic?
Dessimu: Something like voodoo possession might be the case, yes.
Gaming behavour is not restricted to a year cycle. With the end of 2015 not every game is finished and you have not to start new games from the beginning. It is possible to play a game at the end of 2015 and realise in the first days of 2016, that you don`t want to play anymore.

I don't have quit a game this year, but I was close before. I was playing Divine Divinity for several days and than had a gamebreaking bug. Loading earlier savegames doesen't helped and there was no solution for the problem on the internet. But with a little bit creativity I was able to fix the problem by myself, so I was able to continue and finish the game.
Post edited January 07, 2016 by HanselPete
Guacamelee!

I liked the game quite a lot at first, but a lot of the later sections, especially some of the platforming challenges, became so obnoxious that I stopped enjoying it. Playing those parts felt more like a chore than anything else, so I quit and uninstalled the game.
I might go back to it at some point, but there's no way in hell I'd go for a 100% completion run.
I nearly quit Apple Jack yesterday night. I really like the game, but some of the later levels are extremely hard. I was stuck at level 3-13 for some time and thought that I should give the game one last chance. While doing so I suddenly realized that I should try another strategy for that level and was able to beat it after a few tries.

So I'm still playing and there are no quit games in 2016 so far.
It happened faster than I expected: Triple Town is the first game in 2016 that I quit. I only played for an hour, but it was completely boring and I can't see how this is supposed to be fun. I uninstalled it right away.
Okay, I'll admit it. I quit Shadowrun Returns last week. It was very boring. I made myself play it before starting Dragonfall, and really pushed my self through 70% of it until I had a conversation with someone about it and realized, even though it was a gift given, I had come that far in it, and it was easy, that the gifter probably wouldn't want me struggling through a game and wasting time on it when I ultimately didn't care about it.

On to better things! Like continuing my Gothic and Wasteland 2 - DC plays.
Poker Simulator

This game uses only Texas Hold’em rules. You can play a single game, buy into a tournament, or play a wild west career mode where you have to earn enough money to buy back your family farm. It’s single player only (and LAN although I didn’t try it), no online multiplayer.

Overall it was a fairly easy game (and I don’t claim to be very good at poker). I don’t think that the AI is that great and I didn’t notice a lot of difference between play styles of the different AI characters. The graphics are crude but serviceable, the tournament commentator gets very repetitive after only a short time, and the story in the career mode is almost laughably bad.

I ultimately quit because I simply found the game too repetitive. I couldn’t bring myself to finish the whole series of tournaments or to finish the career mode, they didn’t really seem to scale up in difficulty so it was all the same.

Overall it’s OK if you’re looking for a casual single-player Texas Hold’em poker game to play in short bursts. If you’re looking for a serious poker game, look somewhere else.
drealmer7: Okay, I'll admit it. I quit Shadowrun Returns last week. It was very boring. I made myself play it before starting Dragonfall, and really pushed my self through 70% of it until I had a conversation with someone about it and realized, even though it was a gift given, I had come that far in it, and it was easy, that the gifter probably wouldn't want me struggling through a game and wasting time on it when I ultimately didn't care about it.

On to better things! Like continuing my Gothic and Wasteland 2 - DC plays.
Dragonfall is so much better. Having actual characters with you in missions makes quite a difference.
deleted
Grim Fandango Remastered (PS4)

The game starts out well, it’s funny and a bit silly while Manny is still in his office building. There were a couple of annoyances: the inventory system (you have to scroll through every item one by one until you find the one you want); and the size of some of the areas is very large on the screen, meaning that it takes Manny a seemingly interminable time to cross them (even running). But I was willing to overlook them because I was enjoying the game nevertheless.

However, once Manny leaves the vicinity of his office the game really started to go down hill. I didn’t find the areas or the characters interesting. The story becomes more serious and less light-hearted. Nor was I a fan of the overall art style.

I eventually quit soon after “Year 2” began, I was just not enjoying the game at all anymore. I wasn’t expecting a masterpiece (despite some reviews), but I was disappointed nevertheless.