It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Tex Murphy:Pandora

While I really enjoyed the story and the brilliantly executed branching paths (arguably the best implementation of the mechanic ever done) the aged interface and the pixel hunts wore me down to where I was just cheating with the hint system every 10 minutes.

However he storytelling of this and Under a Killing Moon are prime examples on how to build a world.

The writing and acting are excellent and actually stunned me when I watched the opening. I can say that I adore Tex Murphy now.

If only the interface was not designed so.

Ah well on to Overseer and then Tesla Effect.
Retro City Rampage DX

Not going to lie, i wasn't even enjoying this game and the pixel visual with the above camera doesn't work well, especially when driving but what made me completly quit this game was the sound. First the game doesn't respect the settings that i've picked, every single time that i started the game it was really loud (and i've choose to be medium), even when i've completly muted the music it was always loud when starting the game.

Ok, nitpick perhaps but that wasn't my problem, no, the problem is when driving i hear this weird sound like there's a car stuck running against a wall or something like that and i'm not the only one, it's a bug that has been on the game for a while and someone on the forums said that i need to disable the sound hardware acceleration, yeah, no, i don't know how to do that and i don't feel like the game deserves that i search on google how to do that.
The Testament of Sherlock Holmes

Frogwares have some "funny ideas" about how to design puzzles. Like bringing in pixel hunts to a first person adventure game. Or hows about 20 some odd funky lock mechanisms for the 20 some odd boxes you have to open. Or how about having Watson willfully giving the keys to prisoner in a jail and oh my god this shit is bananas.

This genre is fucking predicated on moon logic and pixel hunts.
Thief (PS4) (this is the 2014 game)

Whose brilliant idea was it to put a boss fight in a stealth game? Seriously. That person should be fired. From a cannon. Into the sun. That’s why I quit. Otherwise, I found it to be a fun stealth game. At first I found it just average, but the more I played the more it grew on me. I played on a master/custom difficulty, and in addition I turned off many of the visual aids.

The mission levels are mostly quite linear, but there are sometimes alternate routes (although it didn’t feel as large as Styx, for example). I also didn’t like the “action” segments occasionally present during missions, and of course the aforementioned boss fight completely killed my enjoyment. The best part of the game (for me) was the maze-like city area itself, I wish there was more city to explore and fewer missions.

The story and characters were bad, I mean really really bad, luckily they’re so bad that they become laughable and hence didn’t ruin the fun for me.
Post edited April 12, 2016 by 01kipper
01kipper: Thief (PS4) (this is the 2014 game)

Whose brilliant idea was it to put a boss fight in a stealth game? Seriously. That person should be fired. From a cannon. Into the sun.
https://www.gog.com/forum/general/games_quit_in_2016/post99

Glad I wasn't the only one who thought this boot was shite.
Post edited April 14, 2016 by ScotchMonkey
01kipper:
What did you think of the bosses in Deus Ex: Human Revolution?
assuming you've played it of course. :P
Post edited April 14, 2016 by omega64
01kipper:
omega64: What did you think of the bosses in Deus Ex: Human Revolution?
I haven't played it, but there's a 99% chance I hate them :D!
omega64: What did you think of the bosses in Deus Ex: Human Revolution?
01kipper: I haven't played it, but there's a 99% chance I hate them :D!
The boss in the DLC was actually great.
You can just get all the way to him and knock him out without being detected.
The bosses in the main game force you to fight and kill them even on a no kill run.
omega64: The boss in the DLC was actually great.
The bosses in the main game force you to fight and kill them even on a no kill run.
The boss in Thief is actually bypassable without combat, but because I have the difficulty setting ramped up really high (for the rest of the game), I was unable to do so after an hour of trying and I was unwilling to put any more time into it.
01kipper: The boss in Thief is actually bypassable without combat, but because I have the difficulty setting ramped up really high (for the rest of the game), I was unable to do so after an hour of trying and I was unwilling to put any more time into it.
Fair enough, I couldn't get past the first hour in the game.
You did great.
Legend of Grimrock 2

After about 10 hours of gameplay and lots of frustration, I finally gave up; I think i'm gonna stay on the island forever. After all it's beautiful, has plenty of food and already found a shelter. :P I enjoyed the first Grimrock very much but the non-linear gameplay of the 2nd Grimrock is what made me quit; i found it a little confusing (well, that's what Grimrock is about!) to the point where I don't know where I'm supposed to go, especially after a short break from gaming for a couple of days. And yeah, I'm too proud to use a walkthrough (at least for this game). I guess I'll start it over again sometime later, maybe by the end of 2016 since I'm not able to focus on a confusing/ demanding game during summer (it's already 28 Celsius outside :P).
01kipper: The boss in Thief is actually bypassable without combat, but because I have the difficulty setting ramped up really high (for the rest of the game), I was unable to do so after an hour of trying and I was unwilling to put any more time into it.
That's right where I called it quits too. Bugger that game. Made me want to play Dishonored if only for the better, well everything :D
01kipper: I haven't played it, but there's a 99% chance I hate them :D!
Get the Director's cut, the bosses were all revamped. Big improvement over the original.
Post edited April 14, 2016 by ScotchMonkey
ScotchMonkey: That's right where I called it quits too. Bugger that game. Made me want to play Dishonored if only for the better, well everything :D
ScotchMonkey: Get the Director's cut, the bosses were all revamped. Big improvement over the original.
Haha no.
They put in ways to kill them without doing it yourself.
Still needing to kill them is not an improvement. :P
ScotchMonkey: That's right where I called it quits too. Bugger that game. Made me want to play Dishonored if only for the better, well everything :D

Get the Director's cut, the bosses were all revamped. Big improvement over the original.
omega64: Haha no.
Picky Picky :p
omega64: Haha no.
ScotchMonkey: Picky Picky :p
You just don't have any standards. :P