It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

As I wrote in the other thread there's a chance Rogue and other titles (World War II GI, the rest of the Pixel Games as well as Throwback Entertainment catalogue, Asghan: The Dragon Slayer, etc) might get a release on GoG towards the end of the year.
If they bring back this kind of "here's a few of formerly rejected titles you wouldn't shut the hell up about/everything we couldn't cram into themed bundles or couldn't release on their own for one reason or another earlier this year" format that premiered back in December 2019.
high rated
GOG has turned down some 1C Entertainment games:
- 7.62:
Wishlist entry;

- A.I.M.: Artificial Intelligence Machines:
Wishlist entry;

- A.I.M. 2: Clan Wars:
Wishlist entry;

- Konung III: Ties of the Dynasty:
Wishlist entry;

- Planet Alcatraz:
Wishlist entry.

These games have been mentioned in the community wishlist since the early 2010s. Last year, all of these games were released on the Zoom Platform (another DRM-Free store). I asked 1C Entertainment why they decided to release these games on the Zoom Platform, but not on GOG, and received the following answer:

I’d like to thank you for your interest in our company and its products. When it comes to publishing games on GOG.com storefront, GOG makes the decision on what titles they want to launch in their store and the ones you have mentioned have unfortunately been turned down by the GOG team.
Yeah, maybe some of these games are controversial (in terms of quality), but I think at least the "A.I.M." series deserves to be on GOG. It's definitely no less legendary than the Space Rangers, Perimeter, Parkan or King's Bounty series, all of which are already here.
Post edited January 12, 2021 by OHMYGODJCABOMB
OHMYGODJCABOMB: GOG has turned down some 1C Entertainment games:
- 7.62:
Wishlist entry;

Wishlist entry;

Wishlist entry;

Wishlist entry;

- Planet Alcatraz:
Wishlist entry.

These games have been mentioned in the community wishlist since the early 2010s. Last year, all of these games were released on the Zoom Platform (another DRM-Free store). I asked 1C Entertainment why they decided to release these games on the Zoom Platform, but not on GOG, and received the following answer:

I’d like to thank you for your interest in our company and its products. When it comes to publishing games on GOG.com storefront, GOG makes the decision on what titles they want to launch in their store and the ones you have mentioned have unfortunately been turned down by the GOG team.
OHMYGODJCABOMB: Yeah, maybe some of these games are controversial (in terms of quality), but I think at least the "A.I.M." series deserves to be on GOG. It's definitely no less legendary than the Space Rangers, Perimeter, Parkan or King's Bounty series, all of which are already here.
Shame if true, those all have a decent number of wishes. Maybe it's worth messaging a blue politely asking them to encourage biz-dev to re-consider the rejections.
OHMYGODJCABOMB: ...
tfishell: Shame if true, those all have a decent number of wishes. Maybe it's worth messaging a blue politely asking them to encourage biz-dev to re-consider the rejections.
Better off to just keep on dropping votes on the titles in question.
As other formerly rejected titles that eventually got a GoG release have demonstrated, that's still the best way to go about it.
- 7.62:
Wishlist entry;

Wishlist entry;

Wishlist entry;

Wishlist entry;

- Planet Alcatraz:
Wishlist entry.

OHMYGODJCABOMB: Yeah, maybe some of these games are controversial (in terms of quality), but I think at least the "A.I.M." series deserves to be on GOG. It's definitely no less legendary than the Space Rangers, Perimeter, Parkan or King's Bounty series, all of which are already here.
This is a big shame. 7.62 is kind of a cult classic.
Swedrami: As I wrote in the other thread there's a chance Rogue and other titles (World War II GI, the rest of the Pixel Games as well as Throwback Entertainment catalogue, Asghan: The Dragon Slayer, etc) might get a release on GoG towards the end of the year.
If they bring back this kind of "here's a few of formerly rejected titles you wouldn't shut the hell up about/everything we couldn't cram into themed bundles or couldn't release on their own for one reason or another earlier this year" format that premiered back in December 2019.
Asghan: The Dragon Slayer is a day 1 buy for me.
Post edited January 12, 2021 by samuraigaiden
I always know it's going to be a bad day when I see this thread updated.

Not sure why they would not want these series completed on GOG.
1C didn't specify how far back the rejection took place, did they?
If it was prior to a certain point there's still a good chance that the titles in question might get another chance of running the curational gauntlet. Which, considering the eventual release of Grimoire on GoG, among other formerly rejected titles, obviously seems to have been loosened a little in recent times and is not as strict anymore.
Except for games that at one point during their development included references poking fun at representatives of a certain ideology and political system, of course.
ShadowWulfe: Not sure why they would not want these series completed on GOG.
Yes, they could have completed at least the Konung series (the first two games are already here).

Swedrami: 1C didn't specify how far back the rejection took place, did they?
Unfortunately not.

I also regret that I decided not to list all the 1C oldies that are available on the Zoom Platform, but not on GOG.

The reason why I decided to shorten the list this time is that I had already tried to contact 1C before, but didn't receive any response.

I didn't even expect that this time they would answer me, so I only listed these five games.
low rated
- 7.62:
Wishlist entry;

Wishlist entry;

Wishlist entry;

Wishlist entry;

- Planet Alcatraz:
Wishlist entry.

Thanks for the post and information. With another DRM free store i can finally Ditch GOG with their SJW like staff that dictate stupid art games are actual games while rejecting actual games and classics.
tfishell: Shame if true, those all have a decent number of wishes. Maybe it's worth messaging a blue politely asking them to encourage biz-dev to re-consider the rejections.
Swedrami: Better off to just keep on dropping votes on the titles in question.
As other formerly rejected titles that eventually got a GoG release have demonstrated, that's still the best way to go about it.
You are aware that the only few they did release were only released after creating a shitstorm? There are still many others that are still not released here. Just look at their latest garbage selection of artsy games that barely hit the top 10. Even the Weeb titles git the top 10 and that would have been considered "too Niche" by GOG criteria.
Post edited January 23, 2021 by dgnfly
- 7.62:
Wishlist entry;

Wishlist entry;

Wishlist entry;

Wishlist entry;

- Planet Alcatraz:
Wishlist entry.

Yeah, maybe some of these games are controversial (in terms of quality), but I think at least the "A.I.M." series deserves to be on GOG. It's definitely no less legendary than the Space Rangers, Perimeter, Parkan or King's Bounty series, all of which are already here.
dgnfly: Thanks for the post and information. With another DRM free store i can finally Ditch GOG with their SJW like staff that dictate stupid art games are actual games while rejecting actual games and classics.
Swedrami: Better off to just keep on dropping votes on the titles in question.
dgnfly: You are aware that the only few they did release were only released after creating a shitstorm? There are still many others that are still not released here. Just look at their latest garbage selection of artsy games that barely hit the top 10. Even the Weeb titles git the top 10 and that would have been considered "too Niche" by GOG criteria.
Lichtspeer (originally rejected about 3 and a half years ago), for example did get a release without raising any ruckus, though. The devs being Polish might have something to do with that but, again, at least I can't remember there being a considerable portion of the community explicitly demanding a release of it. I'm sure there are other examples as well.

I'd also argue that there are games, that got a release here in the meantime, for which it's unknown whether they even were former rejections or not, because there never had been any publically available information on this.

The fact of the matter remains, that the curation and evaluation process, over the last couple years, seemingly has been loosened up to a certain degree. Which doesn't mean that all formerly rejected titles (especially the ones we individually would like to finally get a GoG release) are subsequently and automatically waved through, of course. Different rights situations to the ones at the time of the initial rejection years ago, and other factors might come into play here too.

At least we can give GoG a heads up to and let them know what currently still rejected titles (that we know of at least) there's demand for, by voting for them on the community wishlist. It might still be all in vain and fall on deaf ears for certain titles (for various reasons) though.
By the way, a couple of days ago I contacted 1C again to ask one more question (about the broken Russian version of King's Bounty: Crossworlds), and since I did it by replying to their previous email, they also mentioned that they will try to add these games here again, because it looks like I'm not the first to ask about these games.

Now it's up to GOG. Let's wait and see. Personally, I really hope to see at least the A.I.M. series here.
I talked to the developer of Eldervale which is a third person survival horror game based back on the early 2000s such as resident evil. He told me he applied back in 2019 for the game to be on GOG and they told him they didn’t think it would fit their audience. Which is pretty crazy IMO since They have Daymare 1998 on here which is the same thing gameplay based on the old school resident evil games.

Eldervale IMO is an awesome game and more people should have the chance to try it out here on GOG.
high rated
So I'm working with the developer of 1989's Star Fleet II: Krellan Commander, and he's resumed development of a 2.0 version since 2018, which should launch early next year.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1470940/STAR_FLEET_II__Krellan_Commander_Version_20/

This is, literally, a good old game, and yet repeated requests for consideration have been ignored, so I can assume at this point GOG, for some reason, has turned this one down. It makes me very sad.
Veloxi: So I'm working with the developer of 1989's Star Fleet II: Krellan Commander, and he's resumed development of a 2.0 version since 2018, which should launch early next year.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1470940/STAR_FLEET_II__Krellan_Commander_Version_20/

This is, literally, a good old game, and yet repeated requests for consideration have been ignored, so I can assume at this point GOG, for some reason, has turned this one down. It makes me very sad.
The developer is Trevor Sorensen, correct? Any chance he could also bring back Star Legions? Even just the DOS version would be nice. :) My big box copy is all floppies and I've no backup of my original files.
In any case, I've voted for the game and it got a lot of votes since, let's hope someone from GOG sees this and gets back to you.
Wishlist links here:
https://www.gog.com/wishlist/games#search=krellan
Post edited November 30, 2021 by SCPM
Veloxi: So I'm working with the developer of 1989's Star Fleet II: Krellan Commander, and he's resumed development of a 2.0 version since 2018, which should launch early next year.

I thought the new version of Star Fleet II: Krellan Commander was confirmed as releasing on GOG.

I'll be pretty sad about it if GOG has turned it away as I've been excitedly waiting to finally get a chance to play this classic and I planned to purchase it here.