It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Just finished Dragon Age II

It's not the horrible game everybody described and still describes. It is still a letdown from DA:O, I must admit. I enjoyed DA II quite a lot, but some game design choices made no sense, like that time, if you havea certain quest in your quest log, you'll encounter not one, not two but three bosses at the same time, during another quest!

And if one of these bosses is disposed of easily, the two remaining are among the most annoying I've ever met, with stunning and pulling effects they will overuse, forcing you to a very boring micromanagement of any action of your teammates...

In the last part of the games, many decisions make no sense and then you just follow, hoping your done with it soon. Oh, and with the "romance" system, you can romance another character without even kowing it and in 3-4 discussions they will fall madly in love with you, which makes no sense either...

All in all, it's not a bad game, just a very flawed one. I'm glad I played it, but I know I will likely never play it again (but I've played DA:O several times already)

So far in 2017: https://www.gog.com/forum/general/games_finished_in_2017/post15
<span class="bold">Eschalon: Book 2</span>

This is the second game in the Eschalon series, and it is also very very fun! Both of these games feel like playing an RPG from 25-30 years ago, not in the graphics or the UI, but in the general vibe of the game, which I really enjoy a lot. There is not a lot of story, the main focus of the game is exploration and combat.

Overall it plays very similar to the first game, although it did add some extra mechanics for hunger/thirst and item wear (both of which thankfully you can switch off before play, which I did).

Highly recommended!
IronStar: Am I missing something?
Not really...
<span class="bold">Dust: An Elysian Tail</span>

Finished it yesterday, took me around 12 hours. It's a great 2D Action-RPG with nice graphics and fluid controls. I enjoyed playing through it and now i'm searching for similar games in my collection. :D
Post edited May 23, 2017 by Impaler26
Cavalary: Not really...
Exactly:
https://www.gog.com/forum/general/games_finished_in_2014/post2228
Yes, you forgot to mention that you can also click on fishing holes! ;P

Otherwise, pretty accurate description.
Settlers 6

The expansion kind of sucked but all around a great great game.
I finished Call of Duty: Ghosts on the PS3

What I liked most about the game, was how good it looked, even on a PS3 which should spec-wise not be on par with my core i3 Radeon RX 460 gaming machine. But there were some gorgeous levels, especially fighting in and around a space station orbiting earth and the firework show above the skyscrapers of Caracas. Plus there was lots of variation in the gameplay, one of the notable things being fighting under water in several levels.

The story was kind of average, but at least I could understand it. A few weeks ago I finished Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 and I was often guessing exactly why I was doing what I was doing. The ending was disappointing though, very predictable. After playing several story-driven FPS-games (Call of Duty and Battlefield series) you see lots of familiar themes reoccurring. Too many shooters end with a hand-to-hand fight with the boss, struggling for control of simple pistol, knife or rock with the action dominated by Quick Time Events. Call of Duty Ghosts likewise.

I'll remember the game fondly for the beautiful imagery of the space-stations though.
Guild of Dungeoneering

I really liked that game. The basic idea that you have to create your own dungeon while exploring and defeating it is very good and there is a lot of variety because of the different classes, cards and equipment.

Unfortunately in later dungeons some of the early classes are quite useless and you will more or less stop using them, but there are some nice exceptions (like the ranger). But it's still fun to try some different classes and sometimes you will be surprised which ones will succeed (for example I've beaten the final level with a Mathemagician - a class that I thought was pretty useless).

Best part of the game is the soundtrack, which is absolutely hilarious!

I will definitely return to this game and play the two DLCs.

Complete list of finished games in 2017
Finished Hitman GO. It was fun, but its mobile origins are a bit too visible and it's better played in small sessions (10-20 minutes).

Full list here.
Resident Evil 4 (Xbox One)

Second playthrough, this time on professional difficulty. I gotta say, even though I played through this just half a year ago, it still feels fresh when playing it again, and I can play it for hours on end without getting bored. It's just that gloriously entertaining. The professional difficulty made enemies do a lot more damage, and I guess they reacted faster. Some QTEs also required some intense buttonmashing. As for the bosses, most of them still die in one hit from the rocket launcher. I didn't have that much more trouble playing this difficulty, but it did add another 3 hours over the time of my first playthrough. I also got all the shooting range prizes this time, and managed to fully upgrade three of my weapons.
Cavalary: Not really...
Leroux: Yes, you forgot to mention that you can also click on fishing holes! ;P

Otherwise, pretty accurate description.
What's the deal with all rave reviews then? O.o

Re: Fishing holes - Oh yes, yes you can. Didn't use any of those either. :D
IronStar: What's the deal with all rave reviews then? O.o
I bounced off of Torchlight, too, but it seems to be a genre that a lot of people just really like, and at the time Torchlight came out it was looked at as doing the genre better than whatever the Diablo series was up to at that point.

I did manage to beat Diablo back when it first came out, but I've never been able to get into it or any similar games since then. I just don't think clicking on hoards of monsters and sifting through their loot is a very interesting gameplay concept.
andysheets1975: I did manage to beat Diablo back when it first came out, but I've never been able to get into it or any similar games since then. I just don't think clicking on hoards of monsters and sifting through their loot is a very interesting gameplay concept.
You obviously lack the necessary OCD
andysheets1975: I did manage to beat Diablo back when it first came out, but I've never been able to get into it or any similar games since then. I just don't think clicking on hoards of monsters and sifting through their loot is a very interesting gameplay concept.
Klumpen0815: You obviously lack the necessary OCD.
Isn't it the other way around? These games actually being torture for people with OCDs, seeing that you're not really supposed to pick up everything, explore every corner of the maps, kill every single opponent on them, solve all the quests? At least that's how my OCDs tend to make me play these games, and it results in terrible tedium, while actual fans of the genre quickly learn to ignore most items and just race through the dungeons, only doing the bare minimum that's required of them to move on, level up and reach the next difficulty level.