It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Half-life: Blue Shift *also finally after 20 billion years*
skeletonbow: Half-life: Blue Shift *also finally after 20 billion years*
That's one been on my list as well for a long, looong time. I really should make a point of quickly installing it one evening to finish it. I heard that it's a lot shorter than Opposing Force.
andysheets1975: Just finished Rayman 2.
My first and only Rayman experience was a phone game. And it was awesome. Best phone game I've come across. And punishing and fun and the music and sound were great.
Matewis: That's one been on my list as well for a long, looong time. I really should make a point of quickly installing it one evening to finish it. I heard that it's a lot shorter than Opposing Force.
Yes, Blue Shift was about half the size of Opposing Force, I started it on the highest difficulty and finished it spread over two days about half and half. It was also not as difficult as Opposing Force but I found it a bit more balanced in that regard. The soldiers can take wayyy too many bullets before they go down in both games though.

It was nice to finally see the conclusion of the Half-life 1 series of games after all of these years, I can't believe I let them go this long! I have never finished the Half-life 2 series though either, so that's on deck soon now too. :)
skeletonbow: Yes, Blue Shift was about half the size of Opposing Force, I started it on the highest difficulty and finished it spread over two days about half and half. It was also not as difficult as Opposing Force but I found it a bit more balanced in that regard. The soldiers can take wayyy too many bullets before they go down in both games though.

It was nice to finally see the conclusion of the Half-life 1 series of games after all of these years, I can't believe I let them go this long! I have never finished the Half-life 2 series though either, so that's on deck soon now too. :)
When you put it like that it really makes me want to finish the damn game! At least I'm done with Half-life 2 though :)
The main game is of course one of the best fps experiences out there, as is the 2nd episode. Episode 1 is kinda meh sadly. Too much caves and darkness.
Matewis: When you put it like that it really makes me want to finish the damn game! At least I'm done with Half-life 2 though :)
The main game is of course one of the best fps experiences out there, as is the 2nd episode. Episode 1 is kinda meh sadly. Too much caves and darkness.
It has been sooooo long since I played Half-life 2. When it came out I was totally stunned, but my PC was not quite up to scratch to play it in maximum glory. I think I had to play it at a lowly 1024x768, but I made it 2/3 or so through then got stuck without enough ammo and got upset at the section I was stuck at. Had a computer problem and was not able to continue my game. Years passed before I got a chance to try it again but got distracted so never really dug in. Next time I start it though the gauntlets are coming off! :) Plus they have that free souped up version on Steam now too for owners of the base game. Half-life 2: Update or whatever it's called.

Then there's the extremely slowly up and coming Black Mesa game, and a fan made sequel to Opposing Force called Projekt.
skeletonbow: It has been sooooo long since I played Half-life 2. When it came out I was totally stunned, but my PC was not quite up to scratch to play it in maximum glory. I think I had to play it at a lowly 1024x768, but I made it 2/3 or so through then got stuck without enough ammo and got upset at the section I was stuck at. Had a computer problem and was not able to continue my game. Years passed before I got a chance to try it again but got distracted so never really dug in. Next time I start it though the gauntlets are coming off! :) Plus they have that free souped up version on Steam now too for owners of the base game. Half-life 2: Update or whatever it's called.

Then there's the extremely slowly up and coming Black Mesa game, and a fan made sequel to Opposing Force called Projekt.
I was lucky having to upgrade just before getting HL2 on account of my old PC dying. I got an ATI Radeon 9600, the beefy 256mb version! Back then the 9800 was king, and was the gpu to play Half-life 2 with. Still, the game ran pretty well on medium-high graphics.

Anyway, good luck with it :) I'd imagine HL2 still holds up incredibly well after all these years. And even on the off chance that it doesn't, the probably swan song of HL2, episode 2, is phenomenal.
I don't know about Prospekt, but Black Mesa was pretty fun, though not on the level of HL2.
Freespace base game in Insane difficulty. At last.

Tips for beating the last two missions in Insane difficulty:

http://www.gog.com/forum/freespace_series/freespace_insane_difficulty_has_anyone_finished_it/post6

Next to the Silent Threat expansion, I guess. Some claim it is even harder, psah, impossible!
Post edited February 19, 2016 by timppu
Sacra Terra: Angelic Night

The hoggiest HOG that ever hogged a hog.

Seriously, I know it's a HOG, but the number of hidden object searches was over the top. There was also relatively little difficulty in the puzzle / adventure side of the game, and the degree of difficulty lies primarily in the sheer number of searches (at one point I had to do 3 in a row) and several of the hidden items were ridiculous.

Admittedly I'm only playing on a 17" laptop monitor on 1280x720 res, but a number of the things were ...difficult to find, either because of size/camoflage or just because the item named didn't seem to match what you were supposed to find. Like finding a 'flashlight' that really looks more like a video camera. ....ok?

Story/art/cutscenes were all meh. Wasn't a terrible game, and only runs about 5-6 hours with the bonus chapter, but...I'd like a good two of those hours back. The bonus chapter in particular was mostly just wasted time, though it was only like 40 minutes.

C+. Don't really recommend unless you really love the HO part of HOGs.
I just started Life is Strange two days ago and I'm afraid of finishing it .

....it's just so good.
Yesterday I finished Dragon Age Origins for the 7th time. This time with a two-handed-weapon warrior, who as a human noble managed to get betrothed to Queen Anora, thus becoming her Prince-Consort (I was hoping I would become King, but the endings showed the Warden can only get the title of prince-consort).

I got the Perfectionist agreement for having experienced all endings, not many achievements to be had any more. Next on the list I have a human mage, who is by now busy in Redcliffe and will become a Thaumaturgist eventually (gaining all spells of the spirit school) and then I will have characters in all specializations (he's my 5th mage, my first mage was a generalist, the next 4 mages I did picked spells from a single school almost exclusively, for the achievements).

Normally I'm not that much of an achievement hunter, but as I'm a big fan of Dragon Age and achievements kept rolling in during the game, at one time I started looking at what achievements I don't have yet and started aiming for them.
Post edited February 19, 2016 by DubConqueror
Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (Gamecube)

I've seen reviews start with stories before so here's one. Several years ago I was in a game shop and saw Twilight Princess on sale for the Wii, I'd only ever played the titles on the Ds before so I thought I might try an adventure with an adult Link. I went to buy it and the cashier said "Aw this is a brilliant game, the Zelda series is great, what's your favourite?" I replied with my favourite of the 3 games I'd played which was Spirit Tracks, the other 2 being Phantom Hourglass and Links Awakening. The guy stared at me and didn't say anything for about 10 seconds than proceeded to give me a lecture for about 15 minutes, on why I was completely wrong and Ocarina of Time was the best Zelda game, if not the best game of all time. When I first went to buy the game there was no one behind me,, when I left there were 4 angry people behind me. As I was leaving I heard the guy who was behind me tell the cashier that he was wrong and Majora's Mask was better. I can only assume the queue got even longer because I had left by then.

What's the point of this story, it's my reasoning behind not writing a review for this game, I don't want any more lectures. Though I will say this, it is absolutely brilliant and this game appears in many peoples best videogames of all time, it is well worth playing.

For anyone wondering why it says (Gamecube) and not (N64) it was entirely by coincidence, when I was looking for The Wind Waker on a certain auction site I found a special edition that also included a disk for Ocarina of Time, and the special edition was much cheaper than the current price for a preowned copy of Ocarina of Time for the 3DS so I immediately went for it. You'll probably be seeing a review for Wind Waker from me soon.
DubConqueror: Yesterday I finished Dragon Age Origins for the 7th time. This time with a two-handed-weapon warrior, who as a human noble managed to get betrothed to Queen Anora, thus becoming her Prince-Consort (I was hoping I would become King, but the endings showed the Warden can only get the title of prince-consort).

I got the Perfectionist agreement for having experienced all endings, not many achievements to be had any more. Next on the list I have a human mage, who is by now busy in Redcliffe and will become a Thaumaturgist eventually (gaining all spells of the spirit school) and then I will have characters in all specializations (he's my 5th mage, my first mage was a generalist, the next 4 mages I did picked spells from a single school almost exclusively, for the achievements).

Normally I'm not that much of an achievement hunter, but as I'm a big fan of Dragon Age and achievements kept rolling in during the game, at one time I started looking at what achievements I don't have yet and started aiming for them.
I'm scared to replay it due to the final boss. :P
Took me hours due to the game crashing after a few minutes. Had to turn it down to easy and finish it as fast as I could.
andysheets1975: Just finished Rayman 2.
misteryo: My first and only Rayman experience was a phone game. And it was awesome. Best phone game I've come across. And punishing and fun and the music and sound were great.
Ubisoft does a lot of stupid crap as a company, but they are capable of doing really nice, artful games when they want and the Rayman games are definitely where they shine most.
Ultima III and Eye of the Beholder. Ultima III was a major obsession for me when it first came out and I enjoyed playing it again. Eye of the Beholder was also a game I enjoyed back in the day but I never finished it back in the 90's. I'm looking forward to trying some of the sequels to each - I've never played any of them.