It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

The Charnel House Trilogy

Not exactly what I was expecting, rather short for a "trilogy", and I don't have much clue what the hell was going on, but I enjoyed the ride.
Apr 30 - Nightmares from the Deep 3: Davy Jones

Another good game from this series. High quality graphics and cutscenes. Voice acting was flat at times. Sounds were good. There were a couple of times where we got lost and had to use a hint because we didn't know what we needed to do. A couple nonsensical solutions, but not too bad.
lego hobbit
a complete and utter boring mess of a game
much like the movies the game is based on

glad i finally finished it so i will never have to play it again
Coelocanth: Finished Pillars of Eternity a few days ago. I backed this one on Kickstarter heavily. Unfortunately, it didn't turn out to be a game that I feel I'll come back to and play again and again (I'm actually not really that motivated to play through a second time). Anyway, while I was disappointed with the final game, I don't regret backing it and I see real potential for the expansion and any sequels. So I'm hoping for some substantial work/improvements from Obs in the future.

Full list: Here.
May I ask you more specifically about the reasons why you are disappointed?
I am quite interested in this game myself, so I'd like to hear a bit of criticism before an hypotetical purchase! :)

snowkatt: lego hobbit
a complete and utter boring mess of a game
much like the movies the game is based on
Ouch! :P
I didn't like the movies, too, but I didn't find them boring. They felt a bit like "Rambo goes to Middle Earth". That passage on the barrels in particular was really embarassing, but then again... each time an Elf is around everything gets embarassing (yes, that was racism).
Post edited April 30, 2015 by Enebias
Enebias: Ouch! :P
I didn't like the movies, too, but I didn't find them boring. They felt a bit like "Rambo goes to Middle Earth". That passage on the barrels in particular was really embarassing, but then again... each time an Elf is around everything gets embarassing (yes, that was racism).
I wonder: Was it racism or speciecism?
Enebias: Ouch! :P
they were boring and overlong
the hobbit cant support 3 3 hour movies
2 2 hour movies maybe but not 9 hours they bored me

and the game also bored em everything felt like a chore and it was a huge step down from the previous lego game i played and finished ( marvel super heroes )

lets see if lego lotr is better
snowkatt: they were boring and overlong
the hobbit cant support 3 3 hour movies
2 2 hour movies maybe but not 9 hours they bored me
I agree. Also, in the second one there was almost no plot...
Enebias: I agree. Also, in the second one there was almost no plot...
there was some plot but it was stretched thin to the breaking point
ive read the hobbit so often i can practically recite the book
and i can see right away where the plot was stretched and new stuff was bolted on

and that whole golden dwarf thing at the end of the second movie was STUPID !

and the third movie has no plot what so ever its just one huge fight scene
a fight that lasted 5 pages in the book if that

and even "better" the third movie dlc is stil not here
the movie has been released in theaters
its been released on home media
but the dlc is nowhere to be found

either they abandoned it or are planning to spin it in to the lego hobbit 2
snowkatt: and the game also bored em everything felt like a chore and it was a huge step down from the previous lego game i played and finished ( marvel super heroes )

lets see if lego lotr is better
I found lego lotr better than lego hobbit. But I also have to admit, that I belong to the few persons that did not like the marvel super heroes game that much. The levels were nice but to me it felt like a chore there to collect everything (and these stupid races everywhere) :D
Post edited April 30, 2015 by moonshineshadow
moonshineshadow: I found lego lotr better than lego hobbit. But I also have to admit, that I belong to the few persons that did not like the marvel super heroes game that much. The levels were nice but to me it felt like a chore there to collect everything (and these stupid races everywhere) :D
well i am a marvel fan so that made it easy for me to like the game i suppose
i also like the hit multiplyer
for each enemy you defeated the amount of studs you gathered multiplied which helped a lot

im debating wether to tackle lego lotr or lego star wars or leave the lego behind for a while
snowkatt: im debating wether to tackle lego lotr or lego star wars or leave the lego behind for a while
I would advise you to go for Lego Star Wars. And I like the LotR books a lot and I am not a Star Wars fan :D
moonshineshadow: I would advise you to go for Lego Star Wars. And I like the LotR books a lot and I am not a Star Wars fan :D
i already played lego star wars a few times on other platforms though ( ps2 psp )
moonshineshadow: I would advise you to go for Lego Star Wars. And I like the LotR books a lot and I am not a Star Wars fan :D
snowkatt: i already played lego star wars a few times on other platforms though ( ps2 psp )
Oh ok. I don't know if it would be interesting enough to play it for a second time. Also I have to admit that I always play the lego games in co-op mode, which makes it more fun, so I can't say how much fun Lego LotR is playing it alone.
moonshineshadow: Oh ok. I don't know if it would be interesting enough to play it for a second time. Also I have to admit that I always play the lego games in co-op mode, which makes it more fun, so I can't say how much fun Lego LotR is playing it alone.
maybe ill go back and finish up resident evil 5 instead
Enebias: May I ask you more specifically about the reasons why you are disappointed?
I am quite interested in this game myself, so I'd like to hear a bit of criticism before an hypotetical purchase! :)
You bet. I did a short review Here. Should be spoiler free. Note that there will be spoilers in other posts in that thread though.