It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

1. January 31: Words for Evil
2. *February 7: FTL
3. February 15: Sepia Tears
4. February. 27: The Island Castaway
5. *March 8: Braveland
6. *March 8: Braveland Wizard
7. May 2: Gourmet Chef Challenge
8. June 20: Game Dev Tycoon
9. June 21: 12 Labours of Hercules
10. August 15: Global Conflicts - Sweatshops
11. September 27: Pixel Puzzles: Japan
12. *October 18: This War of Mine
13. October 21: Leon's Cool Game
14. November 10: Fantasy Mall - if you own it you should delete it unplayed
15. November 16: Jane Croft - The Baker St. Murder
16. November 17: Being Beauteous
17. *November 18: Little Inferno
18. November 21: Endgame Syria
19. November 21: Global Conflicts - Afghanistan
20. November 22: Lost Civilization
21. *November 26: Pajama Sam: No Need To Hide When It's Dark Outside
22. December 3: Emily Is Away
23. December 3: Tourist
24. December 3: Zugunruhe Don't DL this.

*=GOG
Post edited January 04, 2016 by budejovice
07.01.2015 - One day for Ched
Inspired by Jim Sterling's stream I decided to give this one a go. To share my experience with you I'll need to enter SPOILER territory, so:
[SPOILER]
Plot: Ched is drunk (very, very drunk). He wakes up in an alley and finds himself attacked by monsters. Fortunately there are guns everywhere so he kills the demons and enters some building. There he kills some more demons and meets a guy named John (who we don't know anything about). Now we kill some more demons and face a boss (who looks like the Mothman with rocked engine for his butt). We cut to John telling Ched how crappy person he is. More demons, more bossfighting, more John rambling about Ched's failures as a human being, repeats like five more times. Ched wakes up in the alley, this time for real. He decides he shouldn't drink so much. Then he's hit by a car. The end.
[/SPOILER]

Novotnus is sober (very, very sober). He decides to play One Day for Ched. After messy and non-informative intro made of heavily filtered stills we find ourselves in some alley. Novotnus' character is killed by demons shooting one-hit-kill projectiles in a matter of seconds. Fuck.
One more time. Novotnus sends the character behind a corner and tries to fight the demons. Some demons are defeated. Novotnus' character falls.
A couple takes later, with no save function. All demons are defeated. Another messy scene plays. More demons to fight. Fuck (yeah, you guessed what happened).
Time for godmode.
Now we're talking. Or not. One of the enemies clips through my character and we remain in this postion, unable to move. Fuck.
With godmode on and avoiding being to close to enemies I was able to finish the game (at this point just to see how it ends). I don't believe it's humanly possible to finish without cheats.

Summary:
- 14,99€ pricetag (no, I did not pay that much, I got it at -90% :))
- 43 minutes of poor gameplay with cheats (at least Steam says so). Infinity of frustration without cheats.
- Hilarious voiceacting (in a very bad way).
- Terrible spelling and grammar.
- Terrible plot (as described a few paragraphs above)
- Bugs
- Surprisingly decent stylized visuals.
DProject: The Wolf Among Us, Ep.1: Faith
I understand wanting to review as you go along -- so much happens! I was really unhappy at the end of chapter 1, and didn't want to continue, but was really glad to continue once chapter 2 got going. Sheesh! The game really puts you through a gambit of emotions! Overall, I enjoyed playing, but I'm not sure I would buy a second season. The Walking Dead completely leaves TWAU in the dust for me, but everyone is different~! ^__^
adambiser: Jan 6 - Freedom Fall I enjoyed the humor and reading the writing on the wall to figure out the story.
Ah, but did you see all 3 (I think) endings? (normal endings, before going to the post-tower bonus level)
"Hostile Waters Antaeus Rising"

Awesome game, made me recall "Battlezone" with its mechanics, nice story, varied missions, the pathfinding and AI had its weird times, but all in all a great old game I came to enjoy just recently.
adambiser: Jan 6 - Freedom Fall I enjoyed the humor and reading the writing on the wall to figure out the story.
kalirion: Ah, but did you see all 3 (I think) endings? (normal endings, before going to the post-tower bonus level)
I only played through it once and have not played the bonus level yet. I'll have to see about those alternative endings.
Pixel Piracy

The game I got from my Secret Santa (thanks again!) and I think it was the main reason why I gave this game so many "last chances" and eventually I grew to enjoy it. But well, let's face it: it's a bad game, mostly because it's poorly designed and it's very repetitive. Interface is on of the worst I've ever seen. Managing inventory of your crew is terrible. You have to take many decisions blindly because the game doesn't let you know anything meaningful (for example when you hire your crew you only see their estimated value but you have no idea if they will be good fighter/gunners/service man or whatever else). The game is full of silly and completely idiotic stuff that can drive you mad. So where is this enjoyment I've mentioned before? After the initial phase, when you finally can afford hiring a dozen or so pirates and upgrading your ship things start to get interesting. You can specialize them, use subgroups to give orders (it actually works well enough) and then the battles finally have some depths. It's not much but still pretty nice. Even though I really had some fun, I don't recommend this game to anyone. There are better games out there.

Full list
1. Doom 3 BFG: The Lost Mission
2. Quake 4
3. Brutal Legend
4. The Evil Within
5. Trine 2 Coop
6. Valiant Hearts
7. Dishonored
8. Thief 2014
9. Dragon Age: Inquisition
10. Wolfenstein: The Old Blood
11. DOOM 3
12. Shadowrun Returns
13. Shadowrun Dragonfall
14. Fez
15. Mafia 2
16. DOOM (I play this a lot, and a lot of user created WADs)
17. Mass Effect 3
18. Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines
19. Nekketsu Kakutou Densetsu (coop with a friend)
20. Quake 3 Arena (Nightmare)
21. Fallout 3 + DLC
22. The Witcher 3
23. Gears of War 2
Post edited December 27, 2015 by cosminm
Just finished Far Cry 4 after about 30 hours. Good game, however it is eerily similar to 3, just with a change of scenery. However, I absolutely loved the main antagonist in this game, Pagan Min, more so than Vaas.

My list.
Post edited January 08, 2015 by IShoot4lolz
I just finished my fist GOG game of this year, Anodyne, even though it's not old. At least it was quite good. (And a game too.)

The game has mostly a 16-bit look but without the details that made the good SNES/Genesis games memorable. The resolution of the game reminds me of Game Boy Color games but the GBC would never be able to run this game.

The gameplay feels like a mix of "The Legend of Zelda" for the NES (the attacking and the search for dungeons at the beginning) and "Link's Awakening" for the Game Boy (the jumping, those rolling metal spike bars).
I liked the simple gameplay even though there weren't that many different enemies. My biggest complaint is that some of the jumping puzzles are a very annoying but at least there was always a respawn point nearby.

After an innocent beginning the story became quite dark and sometimes downright sick. I liked it even though it failed to understand the story.

The sound effects do their job. They are neighter good nor bad. The music on the other hand was quite good. Nothing I will put on my phone/mp3-player but I might listen to it as background music during chores.

In the end I enjoyed this 6 1/2 hour journey and I might get their new game "Even the Ocean" when it comes out.

Here's my list.
Original War

It took me more then to years to finish it. Why? It's rather slow-paced and if you lose one of your soldiers he/she will be dead for the rest of the game and you can't "produce" new ones. You will find new people during some missions but losing a veteran is not a good idea so I replayed many missions if I was not satisfied with the outcome. Sometimes I had to take breaks to keep things fresh but today the deed is done! All I can say is that I love this game. I wanted to write a proper review but then I decided that I wouldn't even try to compete with the master. Please read Fenixp's awareness thread instead. I bought this game after his recommendation. It's so sad that Original War was removed (twice AFAIR) from GOG ;(

Full list
Novotnus: 07.01.2015 - One day for Ched
Inspired by Jim Sterling's stream I decided to give this one a go. To share my experience with you I'll need to enter SPOILER territory, so:
[SPOILER]
Plot: Ched is drunk (very, very drunk). He wakes up in an alley and finds himself attacked by monsters. Fortunately there are guns everywhere so he kills the demons and enters some building. There he kills some more demons and meets a guy named John (who we don't know anything about). Now we kill some more demons and face a boss (who looks like the Mothman with rocked engine for his butt). We cut to John telling Ched how crappy person he is. More demons, more bossfighting, more John rambling about Ched's failures as a human being, repeats like five more times. Ched wakes up in the alley, this time for real. He decides he shouldn't drink so much. Then he's hit by a car. The end.
[/SPOILER]

Novotnus is sober (very, very sober). He decides to play One Day for Ched. After messy and non-informative intro made of heavily filtered stills we find ourselves in some alley. Novotnus' character is killed by demons shooting one-hit-kill projectiles in a matter of seconds. Fuck.
One more time. Novotnus sends the character behind a corner and tries to fight the demons. Some demons are defeated. Novotnus' character falls.
A couple takes later, with no save function. All demons are defeated. Another messy scene plays. More demons to fight. Fuck (yeah, you guessed what happened).
Time for godmode.
Now we're talking. Or not. One of the enemies clips through my character and we remain in this postion, unable to move. Fuck.
With godmode on and avoiding being to close to enemies I was able to finish the game (at this point just to see how it ends). I don't believe it's humanly possible to finish without cheats.

Summary:
- 14,99€ pricetag (no, I did not pay that much, I got it at -90% :))
- 43 minutes of poor gameplay with cheats (at least Steam says so). Infinity of frustration without cheats.
- Hilarious voiceacting (in a very bad way).
- Terrible spelling and grammar.
- Terrible plot (as described a few paragraphs above)
- Bugs
- Surprisingly decent stylized visuals.
But what about the DLC? :P
2014's List

Game currently In progress:
2D Action - Overhead/Isometric: Monaco
2D Action - Side: Mark of the Ninja
3D Action Adventure: Prince of Persia - Sands of Time
Adventure:Machinarium
Fighting: Enter the Matrix
FPS: Klingon Honor Guard
FPSRPG: Borderlands
Open World: Deadly Premonition: The Director's Cut
Puzzle: The (Even More) Incredible Machine
Racing: Urban Trial Freestyle
RPG - 3D: Venetica
RPG - Isometric: IceWind Dale
RPG - Japanese: Beyond Oasis (Genesis Classics)
RPG - Turn Based: Geneforge
Sports: Bloodbowl
Strategy - RTS: Age of Empires
Strategy - RTS: C&C Red Alert
Strategy - Grand Strat: Zeus (Citybuilder)
Strategy - TBS: XCOM
Vehicle Combat: Steel Storm: Burning Retribution

Completed

Pepper Panic Saga (FB) 2015-04-05
Anodyne 2015-04-12
Burnout: Paradise (Elite License) 2015-05-04
Vroom! 2015-05-04
Burnout: Paradise (Rider License) 2015-05-17
Shadowgrounds 2015-05-31
Eye: Divine Cybermancy ('mentor' ending) 2015-07-04
Ravensword: Shadowlands 2015-08-03
Crime Life 3 (Beta 0.6) 2015-08-14
Guns and Spurs 2015-08-17
Post Mortem 2015-08-26
The Stanley Parable 2015-08-29
Crimson Skies 2015-10-03
Enter the Matrix (both characters) 2015-10-04
Bloodbowl Legendary Edition (Story Mode) 2015-12-14
Post edited December 14, 2015 by Fever_Discordia
omega64: But what about the DLC? :P
Crap, I forgot about it :)
Doggone it, I thought I had deleted this comment! OK, fine, now it's deleted! Sorry about the interruption *^_^*
Post edited January 08, 2015 by genkicolleen