It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

sebarnolds: Finished Splot, the game that was sold during the Humble Frozenbyte Bundle that took ages to be released... and then no one noticed :) It was an ok game but I understand why it was not released on pc: it is more an android/ios game.
kalirion: Huh? It was released?

Just checked my humble page and found a Beta download.
Yes, it's the one. I asked the question in 2014 to Frozenbyte and they replied me something like it has to stay as a beta product otherwise it would be available on the main store. As they do not want to officially release it on PC, they must keep the beta label. But the game is finished.
Last night I finished Test Drive Unlimited 2 after spending about 70 hours on it. It's a pretty good racing game with a nice looking open world for you to explore on 2 islands: Ibiza and Hawaii. There are licenses to obtain via racing schools, championships to race in and win money, hidden wrecks to find and unlocking new cars, houses to buy to store your cars in, clothes to buy and plenty more.

The actual racing is pretty arcade in terms of physics and handling but it can still be a challenge to finish some of the time trials in the championships and cups. You spend the money you win on new cars and the money early on can be too hard to come buy and later in the game you will almost have too much.

Overall TDU2 is a pretty decent racing game that looks good and plays fairly well without being mind-blowing in any way.

sebarnolds: Yes, it's the one. I asked the question in 2014 to Frozenbyte and they replied me something like it has to stay as a beta product otherwise it would be available on the main store. As they do not want to officially release it on PC, they must keep the beta label. But the game is finished.
Good to know, thanks!
Just finished Dragon Age: Inquisition. Great RPG I must say. Took me about 100 hours to beat it on Hard, completing the side quests and all. Good story and some memorable characters.
A Bird Story (Linux)

After having been a bit too emotionally involved in To The Moon, I hesitated to play this game, but although the story mechanic is the same, it's quite different. Not as sad, shorter and more "dreamy" than melancholic.
For some reason, I really like this 16bit story telling mechanic in combination with this music and will definitely play his other games too, next on the list are the holiday minisodes for To The Moon, for some reason I only have those for Windows and seldomly boot it up.

Thanks again to Markoh1 for this game. :)

List:
http://www.gog.com/forum/general/games_finished_in_2015/post68
Post edited June 11, 2015 by Klumpen0815
Star Wars: Dark Forces

I'm a complete sucker when it comes to FPS games (besides Half-Life this must be the only one I've ever completed) and I'm not really a big Star Wars fan, but this game is my game of the year so far.

I absolutely loved the story and the atmosphere and I think I've never seen a better level design in a FPS game.

Can't think of anything negative, even the old-school controls were fine and didn't give me a problem.

Complete list of finished games in 2015
hahahaha. i was gonna TRY to beat 1 campaign in HOMM3 without cheat editing, but i failed and cheated. does that count?

also was going to try beating Area 88(SNES) with cheatcodes but... i totally forgot all about it.
PaterAlf: Star Wars: Dark Forces

I'm a complete sucker when it comes to FPS games (besides Half-Life this must be the only one I've ever completed) and I'm not really a big Star Wars fan, but this game is my game of the year so far.

I absolutely loved the story and the atmosphere and I think I've never seen a better level design in a FPS game.

Can't think of anything negative, even the old-school controls were fine and didn't give me a problem.

Is that the first one in that series you've played?

I finished it not long ago and wrote about it here. I think you should give the rest of the series a try too, especcially "Dark Forces 2: Jedi Knight".
Klumpen0815: I finished it not long ago and wrote about it here. I think you should give the rest of the series a try too, especcially "Dark Forces 2: Jedi Knight".
I will definitely play the rest of the games (I already have them in my library), but not right away. Normally I play something completely different from another genre once I've finished a game.

I'm a complete sucker when it comes to FPS games (besides Half-Life this must be the only one I've ever completed)
I first read that as "I'm a sucker for FPS" which would mean something completely different. :) But hats off for completing Half-Life, despite sucking at FPS; I've only got into FPS rather recently, although I finished quite a few in the meantime, but I just can't bring myself to finish Half-Life, it seems to get too frustrating for me in the last third. :/

Anyway, I'm currently playing Dark Forces, too, and I like it a lot, except for one thing - that you can't save your game during levels. That wouldn't be that much of a problem if the levels weren't that long and labyrinthine, I'm constantly worried of getting stuck with no way to take a break or check a walkthrough without having to repeat the whole level (and risking to get stuck again at another spot). And actually now in the 5th level or so it already happened to me. Seeing that you couldn't find any flaw in the game, was that never a problem for you?
Post edited May 20, 2015 by Leroux

sebarnolds: Yes, it's the one. I asked the question in 2014 to Frozenbyte and they replied me something like it has to stay as a beta product otherwise it would be available on the main store. As they do not want to officially release it on PC, they must keep the beta label. But the game is finished.
Thanks for the heads-up! Looks like it's become quite a different game though than what they first imagined.
Leroux: Anyway, I'm currently playing Dark Forces, too, and I like it a lot, except for one thing - that you can't save your game during levels. That wouldn't be that much of a problem if the levels weren't that long and labyrinthine, I'm constantly worried of getting stuck with no way to take a break or check a walkthrough without having to repeat the whole level (and risking to get stuck again at another spot). And actually now in the 5th level or so it already happened to me. Seeing that you couldn't find any flaw in the game, was that never a problem for you?
It wasn't a big problem for me. I played one or two levels every day after work when I was sure that I had enough time and wouldn't get distracted by other things.

Some of the levels are quite complex, but I don't think you can really get stuck (in a way that you have to start again, because you can't escape). Normally you can always get back to the beginning of a leveI and search for hidden passages again.
I remember only one situation where I needed a walkthrough (because I couldn't figure out how to open a door) and to do that I just placed my character on a save spot (an area that was already cleared), Alt-Tabbed out of the game, looked at the walkthrough and Alt-Tabbed in again.
PaterAlf: I remember only one situation where I needed a walkthrough (because I couldn't figure out how to open a door) and to do that I just placed my character on a save spot (an area that was already cleared), Alt-Tabbed out of the game, looked at the walkthrough and Alt-Tabbed in again.
True, Alt-Tabbing might be a solution to my issues. I always avoided it in DOSBox games since it wouldn't return me to fullscreen mode, but now that I tried it, simply using ALT-Return on the DOSBox window remedied that. Duh. Not sure why I never thought of it before; or maybe I did and some games acted really allergic to ALT-Tabbing and wouldn't let me return to either destop or game afterwards? So far, in Dark Forces it seems to work fine though, so I guess I was just being a blockhead as usual. Thanks!
PaterAlf: I remember only one situation where I needed a walkthrough (because I couldn't figure out how to open a door) and to do that I just placed my character on a save spot (an area that was already cleared), Alt-Tabbed out of the game, looked at the walkthrough and Alt-Tabbed in again.
Leroux: True, Alt-Tabbing might be a solution to my issues. I always avoided it in DOSBox games since it wouldn't return me to fullscreen mode, but now that I tried it, simply using ALT-Return on the DOSBox window remedied that. Duh. Not sure why I never thought of it before; or maybe I did and some games acted really allergic to ALT-Tabbing and wouldn't let me return to either destop or game afterwards? So far, in Dark Forces it seems to work fine though, so I guess I was just being a blockhead as usual. Thanks!
In my experience, DOSBox sometimes doesn't like it if you alt-tab out of it in FullScreen mode, but pressing ALT+ENTER always worked.