It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Star Wars Dark Forces. An old game, but a good one. I'm not sure what all I can say about it, other than I had a lot of fun. For the most part, it avoided maze-like level design, which, in my experience, seemed to be used often in the early FPS days. There was one level that was rather annoying, but even that wasn't too bad.
AdamR: It's been over two months since I finished a game. I was on such good pace at the beginning of the year. I gotta pick it up!

I finished KAMI today. It was a pretty fun puzzle game. The graphics are beautiful, as is the music. I thought it was a fun and simple concept, and was always satisfied when I completed a puzzle. I thought the difficulty was just right - not ridiculously easy, but not impossible either. Any moments that could have been frustrating were soothed by the pleasant atmosphere.
The one complaint I have is the hint system. I needed hints for some of the later, more difficult levels. You have 10 credits a day, and hints cost 3 credits. (Obviously this was set up for micropayments on mobile devices.) So you have to wait a day to get more hint credits. It is pretty annoying.
Despite that one gripe, it is a fun and pleasant puzzle. It took around 6 hours for me to get "perfect" on every puzzle. I'll keep it installed because it is a decent game to play when I'm anxious.

Full list
It took me about 15 hours because there were a few puzzles towards the end that really stumped me - and I'm too stubborn to use hints. Also, I almost threw up in my mouth when I saw the message that said that you're only allowed three hints per day.

Having levels with patterns instead of colours was an absolutely terrible design decision. It didn't make the levels more challenging, it just made it harder to see what you were doing =/

Anyway, overall, I enjoyed it; I have a thing for abstract puzzle games, and this was a pretty good one of those. Also, a lot of the colours they used were really pretty.
Well, that was fast.

Secret Agent

One of those early 90s platformers with no music, Secret Agent resembles Duke Nukem I visually quite a bit. Unlike Duke Nukem though, Secret Agent is more of a puzzle-platformer, where the goal in each level is to blow the radar dish and then make your escape through the use of explosives, while being hindered by enemies, traps and locked doors. Thanks to its puzzle nature, it can be quite a bit of trial and error till you get it right (Damn spikes). Still, aside some exceptions, it's not overly hard and you can't really lose since when you die, you restart at the beginning of the level. It helps that its levels are small and thus, it can be a great game for bite-sized chunks of gameplay.

New and updated list.
Finished Conflict:Desert Storm.
Yay, my second finished game this year. Started a December 2012 and finally got that off my backlog. Average tactical-shooter, nothing great, but not bad afterall. Ordering your teammates is a bit clunky first, but i got used to that. Few late missions are challenging, you only got 2 saves per mission.
Finished The Typing of the Dead: Overkill. It was completely crazy but in a good way. I really enjoyed it.

Full list here.
Post edited April 15, 2014 by sebarnolds
Annnd I just finished Sanitarium. Lovely game, though a bit easy. I loved the final, but at the first time I thought it was a "bad" final, I had to look around to understand it clearly. Still, really good!
ExiL0n: Annnd I just finished Sanitarium. Lovely game, though a bit easy. I loved the final, but at the first time I thought it was a "bad" final, I had to look around to understand it clearly. Still, really good!
I played the game many, many times, chatted with one of the devs... and I still can't get what Aztecs had to to with the cure :)
ExiL0n: Annnd I just finished Sanitarium. Lovely game, though a bit easy. I loved the final, but at the first time I thought it was a "bad" final, I had to look around to understand it clearly. Still, really good!
Novotnus: I played the game many, many times, chatted with one of the devs... and I still can't get what Aztecs had to to with the cure :)
LOL! Sanitarium is one of my top 5 games ever, I've finished it more times than I'm willing to admit and I revisit it as often as I can, but you're absolutely right about the Aztecs and the cure. When I read your post I started making up excuses for the devs in my mind, but I honestly can't find the right correlation between the two. My best bet, according to the cutscenes, is that "the Aztecs knew it all along", which could mean

SPOILERS AHEAD!!!

they knew the secret to fight the virus was some kind of youth process, I guess?
Post edited April 15, 2014 by groze
Demo39: Finished Conflict:Desert Storm.
Yay, my second finished game this year. Started a December 2012 and finally got that off my backlog. Average tactical-shooter, nothing great, but not bad afterall. Ordering your teammates is a bit clunky first, but i got used to that. Few late missions are challenging, you only got 2 saves per mission.
Congrats!!.Ive yet to finish a game this year (yet) i started due to being distracted by everything new and shiny lol.
groze: LOL! Sanitarium is one of my top 5 games ever, I've finished it more times than I'm willing to admit and I revisit it as often as I can, but you're absolutely right about the Aztecs and the cure. When I read your post I started making up excuses for the devs in my mind, but I honestly can't find the right correlation between the two. My best bet, according to the cutscenes, is that "the Aztecs knew it all along", which could mean

SPOILERS AHEAD!!!

they knew the secret to fight the virus was some kind of youth process, I guess?
SPOILERS!!!

Yes, I figured it out and one of the devs confirmed it somewhere here on GOG forum... Still:
- How did Max figure it out just by looking at a temple's wall? He seems to have 'eureka!' moment out of nowhere and then synthetizes the cure. I don't think Aztecs were using the same technology :) If anything, they would use some natural \ herbal treatment...
- Why were the Aztecs so important for Max to use them in his cathartic process? Sarah? Sure - important person that defined his life and career. Grimwall - childhood hero, probably present in his childhood fantasies. And then, out of nowhere, a figure from Aztec mythology.
Post edited April 16, 2014 by Novotnus
There is only one game I have played to completion this year. (And probably the rest of the year :P )

South Park: The Stick of Truth
Post edited April 16, 2014 by skynet464
Novotnus: - Why were the Aztecs so important for Max to use them in his cathartic process? Sarah? Sure - important person that defined his life and career. Grimwall - childhood hero, probably present in his childhood fantasies. And then, out of nowhere, a figure from Aztec mythology.
Well, the fact that "the Atzec found a way to survive the Plague of Quetzalcoatl without conventional modern medicine" was said in one of the cinematics, when he decides to go back and help Morgan.
Maybe it symbolizes the ability to overcome what a senior says (Max himself says he was still a sophomore when Morgan finished his studies), as well as the ability to find new, unconventional solutions?
It might also be involved with his sense of guilt toward Jennifer, if I'm not wrong it's the only chapter where the symbolic "wife" dies.
Demo39: Finished Conflict:Desert Storm.
Niggles: Congrats!!.Ive yet to finish a game this year (yet) i started due to being distracted by everything new and shiny lol.
Thanks. Well, this year looks more promising because last year i only finished one game only :)
Age of Wonders 2. First game finished in about a year and a half, unless you also count getting around to playing the 2nd part (and replaying the 1st as well) of Castle of the Winds over a few days at some point last year, since I was reminded of it and noticed that it somehow just worked (had tried some years before as well and it wouldn't).
Bridge Constructor

I made each level accessible to at least cars, so I'm calling it beaten. I could still make each level accessible to trucks and a tanker too but meh, that's a challenge that doesn't sound very fun. Anyway, the game's pretty good, but I think the fun is mostly in designing each bridge in true madman-style, rather than making bridges that could theoretically actually exist. I always thought it was really hilarious whenever a bridge would completely collapse right after I had had my cars to the finish line. The game's definitely not perfect, though: for example, the physics can go all apeshit and send cars,even trucks flying in multiple backflips from time to time. Cars can also pass through solid matter, if they hit floor pieces roof first, and will be left tangling by their tires. Also you can't choose yourself whether or not you can have a floor piece, or a support piece, which was sometimes really annoying and had to be circled around somehow. But for the ~10 hours the game lasted, it was pretty fun despite its flaws.