It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

rong44: Knights & Merchants Steam Key: 88VIN-YHL8G-WJ7T0
DProject: Wow, that was unclaimed for a long, long time. Thanks!
Ever play it? You'll see why it was unclaimed. :P
Nothing really worth listing, but I just finished Blackwell Epiphany demo.
Now I really want to play the whole thing :)
I just spent a depressing evening playing the whole To the Moon.
I enjoyed almost all of the game, due to the mix of funny and delicate, sad moments; I think there were some inconsistencies, but I could stand them.
I can't say the same about the ending, which I found quite illogical and less engaging, a bit disappointing after a really good climax.

Overall, though, I have to say I had a good time.
Just finished Commander Keen 4. Another nice platformer. Thankfully they eased up on the difficulty from the previous game in the series.
adambiser: Just finished Commander Keen 4. Another nice platformer. Thankfully they eased up on the difficulty from the previous game in the series.
And it only gets better from there on. 5 and 6 are both great.
Austrobogulator: And it only gets better from there on. 5 and 6 are both great.
Cool. I've not played anything of 5 or 6 yet. I had a demo version of CK4 when I was younger, so it feels nice to have completed the full game now.
Thomas Was Alone
Finished this last night and must admit: Did not like. And it is not the minimalist art-style or the genre that rubbed me the wrong way. This is a bit of an indie darling it seems. The story and the ending has a number of somewhat deep discussion around. Even made people do fan-art and what. At least based on Steam's community page for this game.
Anyway, it decent enough of game. Not really challenging, except for few awkward jump sequences. Puzzles very straight forward, or maybe I've played too many puzzle platformers. What bothered most with the game was the plot and the progression. Even if there was an constant story arch it felt that the first 6-7 levels had the same characters and the story was kind of going somewhere. Then suddenly a bunch of new characters/puzzles/mechanism's were introduced and then the game ends.
Portal 2

Just finished the Single Player campaign. What's there to say? It's Portal 2, a very good follow up to the excellent original game. I probably should not have put off playing it for so long.
Post edited April 11, 2014 by kalirion
Finally finished the Syndicate reboot on Tuesday. Thank fuck for that. What a dreadful game.

Also just finished Super Mario 3D Land on 3DS. Excellent game, even if the main event is a touch easy. Mind you, I've now been confronted with eight 'special' worlds, which are likely to be a darn sight harder.
kalmis666: Thomas Was Alone
Finished this last night and must admit: Did not like. And it is not the minimalist art-style or the genre that rubbed me the wrong way. This is a bit of an indie darling it seems. The story and the ending has a number of somewhat deep discussion around. Even made people do fan-art and what. At least based on Steam's community page for this game.
Anyway, it decent enough of game. Not really challenging, except for few awkward jump sequences. Puzzles very straight forward, or maybe I've played too many puzzle platformers. What bothered most with the game was the plot and the progression. Even if there was an constant story arch it felt that the first 6-7 levels had the same characters and the story was kind of going somewhere. Then suddenly a bunch of new characters/puzzles/mechanism's were introduced and then the game ends.
I finished this one 2 or 3 weeks ago too.

I am playing many puzzle games too and to be honest, one of the good sides of the game is, that it's not so hard and long as the others and has a nice narration. It kind of annoys me, that evey puzzle game tries to be a hard challenge rather than something you can play to relax a bit after work and get a feeling of succession when you actually finish it, although it could have been a tad longer, I admit.
Post edited April 11, 2014 by Klumpen0815
Half-life 2: Episode Two

Either this was a bit shorter than Episode One, or I sped through this one faster.

I felt it was ok. Sometimes I was a bit bored playing it, especially in the beginning in the caves, but latter parts were actually better. Towards the end, my irritation level lowered a lot when I realized that instead of trying to shoot those hunter robots down with massive amounts of bullets and damage to you, just ram them down with your car (if applicable). They seem to die very easily if hit by a car, even at low speeds. I first thought it is some kind of bug.

I think Half-life 2 and the Episodes have aged pretty well, I feel they mostly look quite good even today, even knowing that apparently Valve has improved the underlying graphics engine over the years (meaning the game looks better today than it did on release year; wasn't e.g. the release of "Lost Coast" part of that upgrade?). Nice when publishers improve their older games like that free of charge, I feel CDPR has done that too for The Witcher games.

I seem to appreciate HL2 nowadays more than I did when I played it the first time like 10 years ago. Somehow e.g. the linearity doesn't annoy me that much anymore, in fact in some cases I found it preferable. Back then I used to constantly compare HL2 to Far Cry, finding the freedom of movement in the latter much better (and generally I still do).

I guess I am now done with Half-life series, until (if and when) Valve releases more. At least Episode Two ended in a total cliffhanger. I read somewhere Valve has registered the name Half-life 3, si maybe.

Oh right, there's that Black Mesa remake and such... I got bored with the BM earlier, I didn't like some of the changes they made.
Post edited April 11, 2014 by timppu
Brütal Legend

I think they did a good job capturing what different metal genres would look like if they were a video game. I didn't find the gameplay that special, fascinating or varied, but I enjoyed the overall atmosphere, self-conscious humor and plot, as over the top as it was, instead. And it's quite safe to say the game boasts one of the best soundtracks in any game. Nothing like fierce racing and gunning enemies down while equally fierce death metal is blaring: awesome. Not too much else to say: if you want to find out what metal would look like in a video game, then the game is a definite answer to that. I'm not gonna think back and say the actual game mechanics were the best ever, but I still had a good time. Psychonauts might still be the best Double Fine game there is, but I think this one's a pretty good runner-up in that contest.
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate

You know something Konami? Taking Lords of Shadow and adapting it in 2D, rather than creating a 2D game from scratch, won't net a new experience, neither a game reminiscent of the older Castlevania games (Metroidvania or not). Just Lords of Shadow in 2D. It's slow, pathetically easy (even on hard), has a stupid fragmented map, enemies are sparse and appear only in specially-prepared arenas, stupid "puzzles" that slow down the gameflow and completely boring and forgetful music. Perhaps I wouldn't give a toss about the music if it was another game, but this is Castlevania we are talking about, dammit. Even the old Gameboy games had better music than this shit. Very disappointed.

Updated my list.
Finished Snapshot a few days ago.
A surprisingly lengthy, and surprisingly complex puzzle-platformer. Great artistic design, and a pretty decent soundtrack. Plot was presented rather weakly, and there's a real lack of feeling when it comes to progress. You're just beating room after room of a newly presented puzzle mechanic, but since there's so many of them (108 levels spread over 4 chapters), I was never bored, and almost always challenged, especially going after the secret items. I completed all the levels, but only obtained 80/108 of the secret items.
Penumbra: Requiem: Take everything out from the first two games and leave only the puzzles, which will give you Penumbra: Requiem. I enjoyed the puzzles yet I have to admit the game is mediocre. The story is quite dumb and everything feels rushed. I would only recommend this to die hard Penumbra fans who wants to return to the ambient worlds of the Frictional games. 6.5/10

List of all games finished in the last years: http://www.gog.com/forum/general/games_finished_in_2014/post150
Post edited April 12, 2014 by damien