It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Finished Zombie Shooter 2. it was fun. It definitely had many flaws but if you want some mindless shooting with great choices for the weapons, go for it.

Full list here.
Deus Ex: The Fall

After the first hour, it's finally not unpleasant. Too bad, 4 hours later the game is finish.
GastonArg: Finished pid
hack,slash, loot
and yet it moves
mirror edges
Hah! Pid was the only one here that I recognized as the title of a game. So I thought you were making some kind of poem to express your experience with Pid. Very existential, and insightful.

I can see it now: reviews of all my finished games, in haiku form. Or maybe sonnets, for a real challenge. :P
Include me

Steam:

DOOM 2 Hell On Earth (Brutal DOOM Mod :D)
Dust An Elysian Tail
Rocketbirds: Hardboiled Chicken

Xbox:

None Yet

GOG:

None Yet

Other:

None Yet

Will Update When Needed/When I Remember
Post edited March 27, 2014 by Add13
GastonArg: Finished pid
hack,slash, loot
and yet it moves
mirror edges
Elinnea: Hah! Pid was the only one here that I recognized as the title of a game. So I thought you were making some kind of poem to express your experience with Pid. Very existential, and insightful.

I can see it now: reviews of all my finished games, in haiku form. Or maybe sonnets, for a real challenge. :P
lol I can see now that it looks kinda weird when I read it xD
Card City Nights.

Really nice surprise, I hadn't heard of it before, bought it for about $2 and had hours of fun with it. It's a casual trading card game by the developers of Ittle Dew, featuring the same art style and some of the characters from Ittle Dew and Ludosity's other games, although no prior knowledge of them is required to enjoy Card City Nights. It's also a mobile game, but that didn't decrease my enjoyment of the PC version in any way. The actual card game appears very simple at first and not that special, but that's just the starter deck and once you get better cards after the first couple of duels and you can start building your own decks it becomes a lot more interesting, as you have to come up with different strategies to counter the playstyles and decks of your opponents. It's still on the easy side (the AI can be mean, but is not always very bright) and some cards are pretty overpowered, but since your opponents can use them too and there's also a bit of luck involved, the game remains suspenseful and challenging enough till the end, without ever getting frustrating. And I think the simplicity of it is also what makes it great; it's not a small feat to come up with a simple card game idea that actually works, is easy to pick up, more or less well balanced and enjoyable.

There's more to it than the card game though. It has a little 'story' wrapped around the card battles and is stuffed with quirky characters that you can talk to between the matches (well, they talk to you, if you let them), they give advice, spread gossip about other characters or just chat a little. I liked the writing and humor very much, you really get to know all the characters and their relations, and even though the setting is patched together from Ludosity's various games, it worked pretty well. If that means anything, I felt that this game has a soul and that it's a labor of love, not at all a quick cash grab as its premise might suggest - it's probably sold undervalue even, considering how cheap it is and how much content it has to offer. There are also opportunities to trade in duplicate cards or buy more of them, repeat matches for more booster packs or just some casual fun (even after the official campaign is over) or merge cards into new ones, with unforeseen results. Last but not least, I loved the soundtrack (advertised as a blend of jazz and hip hop instrumentals). The game kept me busy for several evenings, but was not so long that it would get too repetitive and that I would start to lose interest in it before it was over (as happened to me with e.g. Puzzle Quest). It had just about the right length and was great from beginning to end. In my opinion, it's just as good as Ittle Dew itself.
Post edited March 25, 2014 by Leroux
Finished Project Eden yesterday.
Absolutely splendid game. Much better than I ever expected it to be. Haven't really played another game like it, which is one of the reasons I was hooked right away. Sure the AI pathfinding has its issues, and the combat is pretty bland, but the sprawling levels, the well thought-out (at times brilliant) puzzles, the great audio and ambiance, and the interesting enough story more than make up for the faults. Loved controlling the drones. Some great creature designs, too. Really quite liked this game.
Just finished King's Quest 5, not the best story in the world, but pretty fun overall, thanks to walkthroughs :-). It was good to finally complete it after a hiatus of 20 some years. Back then, I got stuck, frustrated and decided to play Vengeance of Excalibur instead. Now that would be a great game for GOG to have...
I just finished Policenauts ,which is a Japanese SF detective adventure game made by Hideo Kojima.
The game is in my opinion one of the best adventure games I have played. The world setting, characters and story all are exceptional.
I personally prefer this to the MetalGear franchises.

My List
Expeditions: Conquistador

Good, but flawed game. Most of the time I had a good time: exploration was fun, battles were fun, the missions and story were interesting...but every now and then, the game would throw what I can only describe as total brainfarts at my face. The first of such occurrences was the end of the Hispaniola campaign: first I must defend the fortress from the rebels: okay, fair enough - it was a tough battle, but I managed to do it, although it really hurt my A-team. But then, I had to do another battle, where I would defeat the rebel leader. It would've been fine, but I was trapped like a rat in Santo Domingo (the exits were blocked) with no way to heal: the town healer was closed and I couldn't exit the town in order to heal in the woods. What the fuck, man? I had to beat 8 enemies with only five characters because I didn't have a sixth person without wounds. And three of those five were completely useless newbies. I can't tell you how many times I had to retry that battle (I know I know, I could've left the island regardless but I didn't want that bitch to gain dominance of the island).

Okay, so I finally beat her and went to Mexico. "Well this is something different", I thought, since the map was really large in comparison to the previous one. For a long time my expedition didn't have any sense of direction: I was helping natives here and there, clueless as to how it all would actually help my own cause. Near the end I secured a fortress to serve as my HQ, and I could also refurbish it in different ways. While I waited for a workshop to finish, I decided to do another mission, but once again it was built in such a manner, I was locked out of the rest of the map until the very end. How was I supposed to know, that accepting a certain quest would limit me to a small fraction of the map with no way out until everything's resolved? My original plan was to help the Totonac overthrow Moctezuma, and then I would've betrayed them and taken the whole continent for myself. But nope, after Moctezuma was gone, I only got a message pretty much saying "too bad your fort is so unfinished and shitty, you can't betray the natives after all. Better luck next time!" How, HOW the fuck was I supposed to know that would happen, too?? How does refurbishing a fortress that's on the other side of the map count as being crucial to backstabbing a clueless dude, whose forces would already have been severely reduced because of the war? I didn't need the fortress taking down Moctezuma! And the game told me I could betray the Totonacs later - many times, even! So, as it happens, I have nothing else to do, the Totonacs are living the good lives in their new home, I go back to Spain and naturally get scolded for accomplishing next to nothing during my voyage. Nothing my ass! Did you miss the part where I fucking murdered an entire nation? And while I couldn't assassinate the new Emperor even though I wanted to, the next expedition would surely succeed in this because of the new, unbelievably good relations with the Emperor I helped create? Eugh.

Such a shame the game had these few moments that nearly wrecked everything good that had been going on for so long. If it didn't have those goddamn artificial lockdowns, I could've praised the game as being great. Because at its core, it really is a very good game. But there are some moments that can only have been designed by the village idiot; therefor, I can't give the game a "Why are you still reading this, BUY this game NOW" type of recommendation.
Post edited March 25, 2014 by DProject
C-Rush

Managed to beat it while attempting a high score for the Groupees competition. Turns out to be an extremely short game (talking 15-20 minutes here from start to finish), if you don't lose your life, but I guess it's meant as a "score attack" challenge instead of a standard sh'mup. Fun and good value for the $0.50 I paid for it, but I don't know that I would recommend it at a standard price...
Just finished Aveyond Lord of Twilight.
Nice little RPG Maker game.
And probably the last i'll play. The story is the usual save the world, but the characters are cute. Only, that it is the first part of 3 (4?). So again there are chests and quests that you can only get in one of the following games.
As usual some of the enemies you can only slay after grinding. The biggest enemy is that there is no map (yes, there is a worldmap, but its not real helpful) finished it in under 7 hours and most time i was trying to remember the way.
DProject: ... How, HOW the fuck was I supposed to know that would happen, too?? How does refurbishing a fortress that's on the other side of the map count as being crucial to backstabbing a clueless dude, whose forces would already have been severely reduced because of the war? ...
Haha, I can relate to this frustration, I was pissed too when I found out I would have missed out on this if I didn't have max units in the barracks; I only found out because I googled what the units in the barracks could be used for because my first thought when I saw a weekly increase in units was a nicely planned invasion.

The other thing I found by serendipity was the fact that you need 50000 valuables to make the king happy; after the barracks thing, I googled about game endings and then found out about the conquistador ending.

Seriously, this info could have been made more obvious in the game, I totally agree; it's not enough that one of the achievements is that you collect 50000 vals. You shouldn't have to google stuff just to play the game right.

Also, I didn't even bother collecting that many valuables, when I was ready to go back to Spain, I just added that much via the dev console; didn't feel like collecting herbs for the next however many weeks to make money, eff that.

But dude, seriously, I don't think you're done with the game till you get the conquistador ending. It's worth it- personally, I enjoyed the exchange between you and your former ally, it was a short moment, but really charged and poignant.

edit a word
Post edited March 26, 2014 by cmdr_flashheart
DProject: ... How, HOW the fuck was I supposed to know that would happen, too?? How does refurbishing a fortress that's on the other side of the map count as being crucial to backstabbing a clueless dude, whose forces would already have been severely reduced because of the war? ...
cmdr_flashheart: Haha, I can relate to this frustration, I was pissed too when I found out I would have missed out on this if I didn't have max units in the barracks; I only found out because I googled what the units in the barracks could be used for because my first thought when I saw a weekly increase in units was a nicely planned invasion.

The other thing I found by serendipity was the fact that you need 50000 valuables to make the king happy; after the barracks thing, I googled about game endings and then found out about the conquistador ending.

Seriously, this info could have been made more obvious in the game, I totally agree; it's not enough that one of the achievements is that you collect 50000 vals. You shouldn't have to google stuff just to play the game right.

Also, I didn't even bother collecting that many valuables, when I was ready to go back to Spain, I just added that much via the dev console; didn't feel like collecting herbs for the next however many weeks to make money, eff that.

But dude, seriously, I don't think you're done with the game till you get the conquistador ending. It's worth it- personally, I enjoyed the exchange between you and your former ally, it was a short moment, but really charged and poignant.

edit a word
Do you know how much valuables you gain if you manage to get the whole continent for yourself (as in, betray everyone)? Because if the number isn't great and you're expected to find more gold via patrolling and from chests, then holy crap. There is no way they can expect anyone to do that - before the mission where you need to defend the fortress from the 18 native warriors, I searched the land for at least two hours: for 8 friggin oil. Even that took way longer that was tolerable. Imagine looking for tens of thousands of gold instead...hrrrrrr.

(The reason I searched it, is because I tried the mission a few times without oil - and I don't think it's possible to win the battle without lanterns; another thing the game could've told me in advance in order to help me avoid yet another frustration)
DProject:
I've only played one side of the story, where the MC betrays Xalapa, so as far as I know the ally gives you $12000 vals before the end feast; I also chose the option to say that I'd like to be compensated when they talked outside the city.

I also know that there are ways to get loads of vals, like

- sacrificing a follower at the Aztec temple; 3000 per follower, but I only tried one so I don't know if that's true for subsequent followers, and your party loses morale if this happens.

- raiding a temple a little to the south of Tenochtitlan (~2000, I think)

- grave robbing, there are graves all around continent; one grave gave me 600 vals, so if that's the average then you'd end up with at least 3000-4000.

- robbing/killing merchants and patrols.

- finding El Dorado (~2000, I think).

That's all I can think of, and except the last one, all of these involve being a dick, so if you don't mind rp-ing like that, you have those options.

But seriously, collecting that much to get an ending sounds too much like grinding, and I loathe when games do silly things like that.

I don't understand why they chose an arbitrary figure like 50000 vals, not explicitly mention it in the game, and then tie an ending to that figure. It's ridiculous. Were they going for a tough love approach? Like, life sucks and you won't always get the ending you hoped for.

Or maybe the "king being unhappy" ending is the true ending because it's a more poetic story, and I can't think of an in-game way to know about the figure of 50000 vals.

Moreover, I think if you play a benevolent MC you won't mind being yelled at by the king because, like I said, the ways to get money are all kinds of awful..unless you want to spend time hunting, collecting herbs to make meds etc. and then do some trading.

Or you can be lazy and just use the dev console; imagine you spent time selling medicine, if you like, haha.

About the lanterns- I used lanterns at that point too, and I felt so smart about it, haha. It does some nice damage as they're trying to get in :D I don't know if you absolutely need them, but I doubt that you would- I am sure there are other ways to do it, I'll have to try it out.

Actually, If you have people who can do poison damage, that's one other way to make them lose endurance before they break through.

edit: sorry for thread derailing.
Post edited March 26, 2014 by cmdr_flashheart