It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Finished:

Reversion: Episode 1 & 2 - Nice little adventure game. Enjoyed both episodes. Got to wait and see how the future episodes turn out though.

Expeditions: Conquistador - Was positively suprised by this game. Solid strategy game with well researched content from what I could tell ( I'm not an expert on the subject by any means though). Would recommend it to anyone who enjoys strategy games.

The Walking Dead: Season Two Episode 2 - Great adventure title, just like the rest of the series has been so far. Would recommend it to anyone who liked the previous episodes.

Complete list: http://www.gog.com/forum/general/games_finished_in_2014/post44
Braveland
Its cute, its simple, its short.
In a review i read about 8-10 hours gameplay. Forget it. I didn't stop my time but it was hardly over 2-3 hours in normal modus.
Just finished Portal 2. Short version - Valve is overrated. Longer version - Valve is overrated, I just wasted some time and I now kinda hate the people who made it. And the voice actor guy who isn't J.K. Simmons or the lady who plays Glados. Really hate them a lot. Like, seething rage hate them. The two voice actors who aren't the one I wished and prayed and begged to be stricken mute by the end of the game were good. That's it, though. Still hate everyone else involved. Hope that passes soon. Going to try to purge the memory of this game from my brain now. If you haven't played this? Stick to the first one. Make believe this one doesn't exist. You'll be better off.
Not buying any more Valve games. Period.
Spoiler - Drink heavily when you start to approach the end of the game. Maybe it'll soften the blow of weapons-grade stupidity that they pull out of their ass. It's really bad, so liquor up. Don't do what I did and get blindsided.
CarrionCrow: Just finished Portal 2. Short version - Valve is overrated. Longer version - Valve is overrated, I just wasted some time and I now kinda hate the people who made it. And the voice actor guy who isn't J.K. Simmons or the lady who plays Glados. Really hate them a lot. Like, seething rage hate them. The two voice actors who aren't the one I wished and prayed and begged to be stricken mute by the end of the game were good. That's it, though. Still hate everyone else involved. Hope that passes soon. Going to try to purge the memory of this game from my brain now. If you haven't played this? Stick to the first one. Make believe this one doesn't exist. You'll be better off.
Spoiler - Drink heavily when you start to approach the end of the game. Maybe it'll soften the blow of weapons-grade stupidity that they pull out of their ass. It's really bad, so liquor up. Don't do what I did and get blindsided.
So. Much. Hyperbole.
Just completed Alien Shooter 2 (twas a random game from the sale). My review: It has aliens. You shoot them.

Took me 7 and a half hours in total (or so it tells me). It was good arcadey fun for what it is but a bit easy on normal difficulty. I'll probably come back to it when I just want to mindlessly shoot aliens for 15 or 30 minutes
CarrionCrow: Just finished Portal 2. Short version - Valve is overrated. Longer version - Valve is overrated, I just wasted some time and I now kinda hate the people who made it. And the voice actor guy who isn't J.K. Simmons or the lady who plays Glados. Really hate them a lot. Like, seething rage hate them. The two voice actors who aren't the one I wished and prayed and begged to be stricken mute by the end of the game were good. That's it, though. Still hate everyone else involved. Hope that passes soon. Going to try to purge the memory of this game from my brain now. If you haven't played this? Stick to the first one. Make believe this one doesn't exist. You'll be better off.
JustSayin: So. Much. Hyperbole.
No exaggeration there. Hate that game, hate that I wasted my time, hate the people who made it, hate the endlessly blithering fuckwit they had voicing it, definitely wish I hadn't played it, definitely wish I'd only known about the first one, definitely and honestly found the bullshit at the end of the game to be stupid enough to give me a headache, and absolutely won't be buying anything else from Valve.
JustSayin: So. Much. Hyperbole.
CarrionCrow: No exaggeration there. Hate that game, hate that I wasted my time, hate the people who made it, hate the endlessly blithering fuckwit they had voicing it, definitely wish I hadn't played it, definitely wish I'd only known about the first one, definitely and honestly found the bullshit at the end of the game to be stupid enough to give me a headache, and absolutely won't be buying anything else from Valve.
If only your hate had any real value tisk tisk.You haven't made even a single argument to why it's so bad.
CarrionCrow: No exaggeration there. Hate that game, hate that I wasted my time, hate the people who made it, hate the endlessly blithering fuckwit they had voicing it, definitely wish I hadn't played it, definitely wish I'd only known about the first one, definitely and honestly found the bullshit at the end of the game to be stupid enough to give me a headache, and absolutely won't be buying anything else from Valve.
Mr.Caine: If only your hate had any real value tisk tisk.You haven't made even a single argument to why it's so bad.
"If only my hate had value"? It's got plenty of value to me. It's a big motherfucking red flag in burning neon telling me to avoid anything else from that publisher. Not exactly caring about whether or not it has value for others. As for arguments, I'm not here to debate. Portal 2 can go fuck itself until something vital hemorrhages. There's my thought on the subject. If you think it's great, then fantastic. Doesn't mean shit to me. Fun fact about venom - if you don't let it out from time to time, it starts doing nasty things to you. Like ulcers or broken furniture. Would rather vent here and be done with it.
Schnuff: Braveland
Its cute, its simple, its short.
In a review i read about 8-10 hours gameplay. Forget it. I didn't stop my time but it was hardly over 2-3 hours in normal modus.
Thanks for the info, that makes it more attractive to me!
Just Finished
A.R.E.S: Extinction Agenda
Which is a bit of a mixed bag, really, it feels pretty good - your robot character feels like an awesome battle droid heavy but agile and the weapons and explosions are pretty satisfying too
Boss fights are big and imaginative
However, there's some strange design decisions like enemies re-spawning as soon as they're spawn point are off screen, by, like a pixel and you craft upgrades with the same materials you craft health packs with so you feel like you're taking hist because you don't have a good enough gun but you can't save up for an upgrade because you keep buying health packs because you keep taking hits!
Aaarg!
Also why are there 3 different crafting parts / materials when you're always short of the blue one because everything drops the 3 materials in equal amounts and everly costs a bit more blue than the other 2 - why not just have the blue ones then?

All in all I'd say that if you've picked it up in a bundle and its sitting in your library its definitely worth a look but I wouldn't buy it by itself, special like
At only 5 levels (I think it was originally going to be the first Ep of an episodic thing) it won't take up much of your time either

Oh Full List BTW!
Post edited March 21, 2014 by Fever_Discordia
Mr.Caine: If only your hate had any real value tisk tisk.You haven't made even a single argument to why it's so bad.
CarrionCrow: "If only my hate had value"? It's got plenty of value to me. It's a big motherfucking red flag in burning neon telling me to avoid anything else from that publisher. Not exactly caring about whether or not it has value for others. As for arguments, I'm not here to debate. Portal 2 can go fuck itself until something vital hemorrhages. There's my thought on the subject. If you think it's great, then fantastic. Doesn't mean shit to me. Fun fact about venom - if you don't let it out from time to time, it starts doing nasty things to you. Like ulcers or broken furniture. Would rather vent here and be done with it.
It's just a computer game.
CarrionCrow: "If only my hate had value"? It's got plenty of value to me. It's a big motherfucking red flag in burning neon telling me to avoid anything else from that publisher. Not exactly caring about whether or not it has value for others. As for arguments, I'm not here to debate. Portal 2 can go fuck itself until something vital hemorrhages. There's my thought on the subject. If you think it's great, then fantastic. Doesn't mean shit to me. Fun fact about venom - if you don't let it out from time to time, it starts doing nasty things to you. Like ulcers or broken furniture. Would rather vent here and be done with it.
dirtyharry50: It's just a computer game.
Okay, cool. Is this the point where I'm supposed to justify my emotional response, like I'm supposed to be arguing about why a certain game is bad? Is this the debate portion of the program? Am I going to get my leg humped until I concede and change my point of view? Should I scream endlessly til any and all come around to my exact opinion? Will my existence be vastly improved knowing that ghosts in my machine are rooting my point of view on? Will this grand conversation be the start of a long and enduring friendship?

Fuck all that noise. Congratulations, you figured it out. It's all synthetic emotion, glittery HD multi-core, 12 gigs of RAM, super-speedy video card-driven BULLSHIT, filling space and killing time til we're all dead. Just a game, just a movie, just a sports team, just an acquaintance, just a friend, just a husband/wife/boyfriend/girlfriend/person you're not sick of hanging out with (YET). Dataflow to keep your mind from eating itself alive out of boredom and isolation.

And on that note, I'm back to Titan Quest. Cuz I kinda hate myself sometimes.
I don't remember if I already posted, but just did a playthrough of The Witcher 2.

2 games in three months, I'm on a role!
Finished up S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Call of Pripyat, enjoyed the entirety of this game, drenching with atmosphere and tension. Compared to Shadow of Chernobyl, I enjoyed this one better, just seemed like there was more to do with this one. The art design in this series is top-notch, everything in the game feels authentic.

So far:
Carmegeddon 2: Carpocalypse Now
S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Call of Pripyat
dirtyharry50: It's just a computer game.
CarrionCrow: Okay, cool. Is this the point where I'm supposed to justify my emotional response, like I'm supposed to be arguing about why a certain game is bad? Is this the debate portion of the program? Am I going to get my leg humped until I concede and change my point of view? Should I scream endlessly til any and all come around to my exact opinion? Will my existence be vastly improved knowing that ghosts in my machine are rooting my point of view on? Will this grand conversation be the start of a long and enduring friendship?

Fuck all that noise. Congratulations, you figured it out. It's all synthetic emotion, glittery HD multi-core, 12 gigs of RAM, super-speedy video card-driven BULLSHIT, filling space and killing time til we're all dead. Just a game, just a movie, just a sports team, just an acquaintance, just a friend, just a husband/wife/boyfriend/girlfriend/person you're not sick of hanging out with (YET). Dataflow to keep your mind from eating itself alive out of boredom and isolation.

And on that note, I'm back to Titan Quest. Cuz I kinda hate myself sometimes.
Just to clarify what I really meant with my comment:

Save the drama for your mama.