It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Zeno Clash: This might be my "Game Of The Year". Everything about it was excellent and entertaining.
high rated
And next up for somebody is:

Rock of Ages Steam Key: 07VPM-B0BCC-EWLV8
kalirion: Strange how such a simple game can be so much fun, though the campaign overstayed its welcome IMO.
Agreed on the campaign overstaying its welcome. It's a great game, but you do get the sense that the developer was artificially trying to extend the length of the campaign beyond all reasonable measure by introducing very, very minor changes every few levels.
Post edited March 17, 2014 by jamyskis
NoNewTaleToTell: Zeno Clash: This might be my "Game Of The Year". Everything about it was excellent and entertaining.
Any advice on how to beat the final boss without too much frustration? It probably just takes a bit of perseverance but I just want it to be over at this point. :D

Generally I liked the game too though.
NoNewTaleToTell: Zeno Clash: This might be my "Game Of The Year". Everything about it was excellent and entertaining.
Leroux: Any advice on how to beat the final boss without too much frustration? It probably just takes a bit of perseverance but I just want it to be over at this point. :D

Generally I liked the game too though.
Use your fish and try to keep one of the pillars between you and the boss whenever possible, I think there are only two or three helpers for the boss, focus entirely on them when they appear. Keeping a good distance between you and the boss at all times is the key to making that encounter a bit less frustrating. That's what I did, but I still had to restart three or four times.
Just finished Hotline Miami.

A wonderful, wonderful game that I really enjoyed playing. I'll certainly relish the opportunity to go back and A+ all the levels again. The only thing I'd have to complain about was that shitty trial-and-error boss section at the end of the "main" story. Other than that, I had a whale of a time.
NoNewTaleToTell: Use your fish and try to keep one of the pillars between you and the boss whenever possible, I think there are only two or three helpers for the boss, focus entirely on them when they appear. Keeping a good distance between you and the boss at all times is the key to making that encounter a bit less frustrating. That's what I did, but I still had to restart three or four times.
I guess I'll just have to try and try then, but maybe it will be easier with your advice, thanks!

jamyskis: The only thing I'd have to complain about was that shitty trial-and-error boss section at the end of the "main" story. Other than that, I had a whale of a time.
Agreed, that boss "fight" was the only weak point of an otherwise very enjoyable game.
Post edited March 17, 2014 by Leroux
NoNewTaleToTell: Use your fish and try to keep one of the pillars between you and the boss whenever possible, I think there are only two or three helpers for the boss, focus entirely on them when they appear. Keeping a good distance between you and the boss at all times is the key to making that encounter a bit less frustrating. That's what I did, but I still had to restart three or four times.
Leroux: I guess I'll just have to try and try then, but maybe it will be easier with your advice, thanks!
No problem! The helpers are what makes that encounter so hard, the boss isn't really that hard on it's own, or at least that was my experience.
Leroux: I guess I'll just have to try and try then, but maybe it will be easier with your advice, thanks!
NoNewTaleToTell: No problem! The helpers are what makes that encounter so hard, the boss isn't really that hard on it's own, or at least that was my experience.
Yeah, the boss should be more or less the same one as before, isn't it? That's another reason why I thought the battle's not much fun. (And also because it seems to contradict everything the story promised before.) ;)
Pool Nation

Won all the cups and beat all the challenges (298/298 stars), and since there's not much else to do in single player, I consider the game beaten. As far as pool sims go, this one is probably the best I know of. The ball physics feel realistic, and the robust system enables the use of all sorts of trickshots, such as jumping and knife edges which I don't think are possible in all pool games. The trickshots are very fun to shoot, and the optional challenges (like, "pull off a jump and a swerve shot on a frame") in each match make them a little bit more interesting, instead of being basic pool matches after one and another with the only goal being to win the match. While the pool itself is, in my opinion, pretty much perfect, the opponents could've been fleshed out a little: now they're basically faceless clones with only a mugshot to separate them from each other. It would've been cool if they had had personalities and such (like, becoming nervous if they see the opponent getting a streak, thus making mistakes themselves, or something). They all felt the same: they're invisible beings, pocketing balls until evidently failing (no-one ever did an 8 or a 9 ball streak), depending on their difficulty level. And I also disliked the music. It sounds very stock and not at all catchy, one song even being a solo piano performance that sounds a lot like a lullaby for babies. Sometimes the music would also "break" (songs stopping all of a sudden), so the audio department certainly could've used a lot more work. But anyway, like I said, the actual game of pool is done very well and that's what matters the most.
I just completed Icewind Dale 2. It was the second time I've beaten the game and it felt more rewarding this time since I did it with a party of 4 unlike last time in which I used a party of 6.
Finished Tiny & Big in Grandpa's Leftovers. It was fun but far from perfect. Gameplay was great but the level design was not really good.

Complete list here.
Just finished Shining Force and am totally amazed by how awesome this game is. I wasn't expecting it to be so addicting,
Sniper Elite: Nazi Zombie Army 2

Not as fun as the first NZA. There's probably too much zombies already, because I killed 500 of them on the first level alone. The animations are jerky, the game is poorly optimized and ran like crap even with the lowest settings (I can run most semi-recent games with at least a medium level of graphics), the levels are quite tight corridors, the story...hah. What story? It ends quite suddenly and the game was only about 7 hours long. Almost everything is recycled from the first NZA, except a couple of new enemy types, so I expected a little bit more. I guess the X-Ray shots still looked cool, but that's about all the positive there is to say. From the opening animation, I expected to fight Zombie Hitler at the end but the game didn't even deliver that. Disappointment in all fronts.
Finished off Space Marine on the 360 and Typing of the Dead Overkill this week. First one was painfully samey action that needed 6-8 more combos available to make it more interesting, had a nasty habit of springing cutscenes on me with no warning to the point of missing out on equipment, characters with no depth, enemies with ridiculous sniper-accuracy level rocket launchers and the ever-popular fuck you combo of last boss being a QTE and sequel bait ending for a sequel that will never come. Highly recommended.
As for TOTD-O, it was like having someone with multiple head wounds trying to emulate a viewing of Planet Terror in game form. Was going to say it was like a combo of Planet Terror and Death Proof, but if it had as much dialogue as Death Proof, I would have put my head through the monitor before completing it. Tries desperately to be funny, but mostly ended up being brain cell-destroyingly unpleasant to sit through cutscene-wise. The original Typing of the Dead came out years ago, was based on the original House of the Dead, and kicks the crap out of the abortion I tortured myself with in every conceivable way. Also highly recommended.

Currently playing/compulsing on -
Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing
Orcs Must Die
Dawn of War 2
Sam and Max Season 1
Desktop Dungeons
The Cat Lady
Beatbuddy Tale of the Guardians