It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Forgotten Realms: Demon Stone

I've read a lot of comments like "I'm always avoiding Demon Stone during D&D stacking promos", "a black sheep" etc. But Dragonshards gets exactly the same comments and IMHO it is a decent game so I suspected that it would be the same with Demon Stone. And guess what, it is.

Demon Stone doesn't deserve all this hate it gets. I admit, it's definitely not a masterpiece, but it's a solid and entertaining game without any major frustration. The story is clichéd but well told. The ability to change your characters is really nice and well implemented. Personally I prefer fewer but stronger enemies, here you are facing hordes of weak and average monsters. Mandatory boss fight at the end of each level is a bit artificial. The game shines in those moments where you are supposed to do something else than kill countless enemies like the whole troll chapter where you have to defend the stronghold (my favorite part) or Merrshaulk boss fight (you won't be able to hit him even once!!!)

It's pretty short but as I said before: I had fun with it without any frustration. Why so much hate?

Full list
JudasIscariot: Well, if it's the Cat Lady I am thinking of, then they will be gently reminding me to finish Deadly Premonition :P
Judas... I don't know how to tell you... but I'm a guy, not a lady :)
Know what choice I had to watch myself not to spoil for you?
Post edited February 15, 2014 by Novotnus
JudasIscariot: Well, if it's the Cat Lady I am thinking of, then they will be gently reminding me to finish Deadly Premonition :P
Novotnus: Judas... I don't know how to tell you... but I'm a guy, not a lady :)
Know what choice I had to watch myself not to spoil for you?
I know that :) I was merely pulling your leg cause I heard it had bells on :D
JudasIscariot: I know that :) I was merely pulling your leg cause I heard it had bells on :D
:)
Anyway, glad you played it :) Judas Plays material, isn't it? :)
Ghorpm: Forgotten Realms: Demon Stone
/snip great review
Thanks for taking the time to share that. Feedback like that is why I enjoy reading this thread regularly. I bought both Demon Stone and Dragonshard on purpose (not in any bundle) just because they were D&D games and looked like they would be fun to me after checking into them. I will probably enjoy them too when I get around to them.
Alien vs Predator 2010

Actually a decent game, especially compared to Colonial Marines. Good graphics, decent multiplayer, etc.
Unfortunately the single player mode is incredibly short, compared to AvP 1999 and AvP 2. I enjoyed the game, probably cause I'm a alien and predator fan, but I would have hoped for a better single player mode.
JudasIscariot: I know that :) I was merely pulling your leg cause I heard it had bells on :D
Novotnus: :)
Anyway, glad you played it :) Judas Plays material, isn't it? :)
Well, about that...

https://twitter.com/GOGcom/status/430324571627991040
JudasIscariot: Well, about that...

I must be slow today... Could you elaborate? :)
JudasIscariot: Well, about that...

Novotnus: I must be slow today... Could you elaborate? :)
That was a goodbye tweet to our now former Video Ninja :(
JudasIscariot: That was a goodbye tweet to our now former Video Ninja :(
:(
So, you have to learn making videos yourself :)
JudasIscariot: That was a goodbye tweet to our now former Video Ninja :(
Novotnus: :(
So, you have to learn making videos yourself :)
I have enough on my plate as it is and video editing and such is an art that is beyond me :)
well this next game is a bit of an odd one. it is Gravity Badgers which was kindly given to me by GoG user mabrookes so firstly I thank you for the game. the game is a bit to easy at the beginning though, however towards the end of the game you have to pull off trick shots which makes up for the easy beginning. though I would recommend playing the game in short sessions as it is easy to get frustrated with this game :P

see what else I have been getting up to here!
Post edited February 15, 2014 by platercake
Finished a run of Long Live the Queen. Got killed by bandits on my way to a friend's party! ^_^

Very funny game! I mark it as finished since I got an ending, but the game itself really needs to be played several times to figure out which choices to make and to get different endings! So i'll definitely come back to that game!

So far in 2014: http://www.gog.com/forum/general/games_finished_in_2014/post132
Ghorpm: Forgotten Realms: Demon Stone

Why so much hate?
I wouldn't say that it deserves any hate, but personally I didn't think it was worthy of much praise either. I guess the reason why people look down on it so much is that it's got the D&D label on it and is often bundled with all those classic RPGs, but in reality it doesn't have much in common with them. Not even if you ignore the genre differences, because the other D&D games are some of the best RPGs out there, while I bet there are many hack-and-slash action games that are much more fun to play than Demon Stone. (YMMV)

Then again, I can't really judge it because I only played the first level and was already bored with the combat mechanics and annoyed about the fixed camera ...
Post edited February 15, 2014 by Leroux
First game finished in 2014 is Carmegeddon 2: Carpocalypse Now. Enjoyed this one as much as the first one, despite some frustrations associated with the missions (never enough time). On the whole, I liked the locations a tad better in the first, but this had some great ones (Beaver City was the highlight for me).

Looking forward to see how Carmegeddon: Reincarnation turns out now.

So far:
Carmegeddon 2: Carpocalypse Now