It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

K_1269: typical juvenile take on sex.
?
In tw2? what take?

I completed TW2 myself just minutes ago. Enjoyed it immensely.
lukaszthegreat: ?
In tw2? what take?

Below your avatar it's written "From Australia". You have a censored version of the game...

EDIT: I don't know any details about it, I've just heard that Witcher games were censored in Australia. No idea what exactly was censored
Post edited February 11, 2014 by Ghorpm
In tw2? what take?

Ghorpm: Below your avatar it's written "From Australia". You have a censored version of the game...

EDIT: I don't know any details about it, I've just heard that Witcher games were censored in Australia. No idea what exactly was censored
a single quest which did involve sex as reward.
Ghorpm: Below your avatar it's written "From Australia". You have a censored version of the game...

lukaszthegreat: a single quest which did involve sex as reward.
Whoa, and that's it? I remember somebody here being very angry about Witcher censorship so I assumed it was something big. Shame on me for assuming too much
lukaszthegreat: a single quest which did involve sex as reward.
Ghorpm: Whoa, and that's it? I remember somebody here being very angry about Witcher censorship so I assumed it was something big. Shame on me for assuming too much
Well, if you remember, some people were angry because CdProjekt had Triss Merigold do a naked Playboy photoshoot...

Seems that for some, decapitating your opponent is okay, but a nipple is the Gate to Hell...
xa_chan: ...Seems that for some, decapitating your opponent is okay, but a nipple is the Gate to Hell...
Lol, completely wrong interpretation of my statement. Will explain what I was referring to in my answer to lukaszthegreat...
In tw2? what take?
Well, to me it likely was the combination of the cutscenes ( which didn't appear like a very grownup take on sex to me) and the overuse of sex related references in just about any conversation throughout the game ( again, something that reminded me more of schoolyard talk than adult conversations). Basically my impression was they wanted to show that sex is a more open thing in this world, but went over the top to do so and ended up with something that felt juvenile instead of grown up, at least that's what I got out of it. Probably wouldn't have bothered me as much if the game wasn't advertised as "for grownups", but the way it was I actually got annoyed by it after a while ( especially the conversation part). Making this maybe the 1st game I've ever played where that happened.
I have just finished Half-Life (please note: I began it in 2013... yes 15 years late).
K_1269: Well, to me it likely was the combination of the cutscenes ( which didn't appear like a very grownup take on sex to me)
there is only a single sex scene which you cannot avoid. any other scene happens because of your choice.
and the overuse of sex related references in just about any conversation throughout the game ( again, something that reminded me more of schoolyard talk than adult conversations).
i had never heard a student talk like they do in TW2. I did hear a lot of grown up talk like that (although the game uses less popular word for fuck [I played polish version. ]) maybe its the translation again. English being worse than original polish.

Basically my impression was they wanted to show that sex is a more open thing in this world, but went over the top to do so and ended up with something that felt juvenile instead of grown up, at least that's what I got out of it. Probably wouldn't have bothered me as much if the game wasn't advertised as "for grownups", but the way it was I actually got annoyed by it after a while ( especially the conversation part). Making this maybe the 1st game I've ever played where that happened.
Game happens in a medieval themed world Sex was much more "popular" back then. It also features soldiers and aristocracy. basically two groups of people with corrupted moral code.

I actually like that about the game. its not sugercoating stuff like LOTR for example. It does not hide the dirt, the scum, the despicable behaviour. It instead, shows damaged world full of people who are either suffering from oppression or are the oppressors. Much more realistic than most fantasy works out there (while still being a fantasy story)
lukaszthegreat: there is only a single sex scene which you cannot avoid. any other scene happens because of your choice.
I'm pretty sure I had several cutscences that were not initiated by choice. That said though, it doesn't matter, no way to know if it is done well before hand anyways. Not going to avoiding them just in case they are badly done. I play games as fits my playingstyle and judge the game from what I get out of it as a whole.

lukaszthegreat: i had never heard a student talk like they do in TW2. I did hear a lot of grown up talk like that (although the game uses less popular word for fuck [I played polish version. ]) maybe its the translation again. English being worse than original polish.
It's less the way it was done, but rather the sheer amount of it that gave me that impression. Quite possible the polish version does it better though.

lukaszthegreat: ... Sex was much more "popular" back then. ...
Ha, ha, not sure about that one, still pretty popular today where I'm from ;P

lukaszthegreat: its not sugercoating stuff ...
I actually liked that it didn't sugercoats stuff as well. Like I said, it's the "greared towards the teenage boy gamer" that I didn't like. Could be due to our different cultures, that our impressions differ so much. Sexual content in media is very much accepted over here and naked reallife people are not such a big deal either like they are in some other countries, so I might have certain expectation relating to what makes it a juvenile aimed rather than a grownup aimed content in that aspect. Or, it just workes better in the polish version. Hard to say.
K_1269: I'm pretty sure I had several cutscences that were not initiated by choice. That said though, it doesn't matter, no way to know if it is done well before hand anyways. Not going to avoiding them just in case they are badly done. I play games as fits my playingstyle and judge the game from what I get out of it as a whole.
what path did you take?
I took Roche's (a bit of regret on my part. Shame Iorveth was such an asshole otherwise I would have sided with him without a beat)
and had only two (and second one could have been avoided).
both with Triss. Could have one more (not counting prostitutes) but passed up (there is a steam challenge for it but decided it would not fit my character)
lukaszthegreat: what path did you take?
I took Roche's (a bit of regret on my part. Shame Iorveth was such an asshole otherwise I would have sided with him without a beat)
and had only two (and second one could have been avoided).
both with Triss. Could have one more (not counting prostitutes) but passed up (there is a steam challenge for it but decided it would not fit my character)
Interesting that you went with Roche. As I did go with Iorveth and ended up in Vergen, which is where I started to get annoyed by the constant sex references in conversations.
As for the cutscenes, I didn't hook up with any prostitutes either and got the Triss cutscenes as well as the Philippa Eilhart spanking, ( there might have been another one not choice related there, don't recall atm) and I got a cheap and pointless one in a random sidequest ( possible that one could have been avoided through dialogue though, don't remember what the choices were tbh).
Makes me wonder, did you end up in Vergen at all going with Roche?
Several episodes of American McGee's Grimm.. pretty impressive if I do say so myself.
K_1269: Makes me wonder, did you end up in Vergen at all going with Roche?
for short time in order to gather items necessary to lift the curse (but town was closed to me, only the entrance and small part of forest were accessible) and later on during the battle.
in chapter 2 I spend most of my time in the camp and surrounding area
lukaszthegreat: for short time in order to gather items necessary to lift the curse (but town was closed to me, only the entrance and small part of forest were accessible) and later on during the battle.
in chapter 2 I spend most of my time in the camp and surrounding area
Nice, sounds like the game might have a good replay value then :) I spend plenty of time in Vergen city and some in the surrounding area, only went to the soldiers camp one short time towards the end of the chapter.