It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Neat little match 3 game with RPG/progression elements. Gets kinda grindy after a while though.
Tallima: I like it better than Warlock 1, but I still haven't played Warlock 1
You like it better than a game you haven't played?
Post edited October 31, 2014 by kalirion
Finished Dishonored.

Was a fun game. I tried to be sneak but failed a few time. Got the low chaos ending.

Playing it again murdering all that stand in my way...if I need to.

My list
Post edited October 31, 2014 by JustSayin
Just finished Child of Light

My, what a beautiful little game! Looks a bit childish at first, but the fact that all is done in watercolors and in rhymes makes it a gem ! The combat system is not bad too, with more and more versatility allowed when you recruit new characters and develop their skill trees.

And I just love "JRPG"-like that allow you to dodge enemies if you don't feel like fighting them and still allow you to finish the game without being grindy!

So far in 2014: http://www.gog.com/forum/general/games_finished_in_2014/post132
kalirion: 10,000,000

Neat little match 3 game with RPG/progression elements. Gets kinda grindy after a while though.
Tallima: I like it better than Warlock 1, but I still haven't played Warlock 1
kalirion: You like it better than a game you haven't played?
Ha! I interrupted my sentence for myself.

"I still haven't played all of my Warlock 1 DLC" is what I meant to say. I picked up the cataclysm DLC for another go for Warlock 1. Folks said it was awesome and made the game much harder.

Nonetheless, I love how the world is set up in Warlock 2. You have to really grind through some deep worlds whereas you could just completely avoid all of the other worlds in Warlock 1 and be just fine. The enemies were so tough that if you went after the other worlds, your enemy would stomp you. So even though you could get some great rewards, who cares? You'll be dead before you could use them.
Constructor

The game I won here. Thanks again guys!

Where to start, where to start... well... have you ever heard that this game is insanely difficult? No? Then believe me, it's insanely difficult. What's worse most part of this difficulty is kinda unfair - you are simply handicapped because you can't do everything at once and AI can. Moreover the council will sometimes give you an order like build a park here or get fired. You have 50% of chance that you will get fired even though you tried to do your best to fulfill their stupid requirements...

Basically you have to play several times to learn what is extremely important and what's not. You don't have a constant flow of new workers? You are screwed! You placed metro stations without planing it carefully? You are screwed! You built completely useless undesirables' abode and thus upset your own tenants? You are screwed! You didn't build a hospital fast enough? You are screwed! You... oh, well, forget it - you are screwed anyway.

And then after some time you start to win. I did. I won two scenarios on hardest difficulty settings (egomania and world domination) so I think I may say I'm scr... erhm, done with the game.

Full list
The Bureau : Xcom-declassified

Considering the reviews, I had expected it to be average, at best. But, I'm a great fan of the series, so I grabbed it heavily discounted and gave it a try. Actually, I found it quite enjoyable. Unfortunately, it lacks some "polish" ( quite a few incoherences...). The levels are also too linear for my liking, But, it's entertaining and fits nicely in the Xcom universe.
dirtyharry50: The list of great accomplishments for 2014:

01. Command and Conquer: Tiberian Dawn
02. Deadspace
03. F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin
04. F.E.A.R. 2: Reborn
05. Serena
06. Call of Juarez
07. Star Wars: Jedi Knight II - Jedi Outcast

Now Playing:

World of Warcraft
Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic
Does jedi knight 2 hold up? I have the disc laying around, haven't played it for years.
Bio Menace (31st oct 7:05pm)

awesome platformer, hard final boss
Ghorpm: Constructor
I saw your post in another thread where you said you missed Constructor, unfortunately I didn't get any extra codes before the game was removed from the catalog so I couldn't help out there but it seems you managed to find a way.

The game is very hard indeed and I've never even tried the hardest difficulty - nevertheless it's strangely addictive and even fun in a very twisted way, as in the game can sometimes be so bluntly unforgiving that you'll throw your hands up in the air and laugh at the screen in hysterical horror and then cursing loudly once the shock has subsided. Haven't touched the game again since it first came out, I did get the GOG version but haven't mustered up enough masochism to try again. Maybe I'm worried that I won't find the game quite as funny a second time around but this review has motivated me to try again some time.
Ghorpm: Constructor
awalterj: I saw your post in another thread where you said you missed Constructor, unfortunately I didn't get any extra codes before the game was removed from the catalog so I couldn't help out there but it seems you managed to find a way.

The game is very hard indeed and I've never even tried the hardest difficulty - nevertheless it's strangely addictive and even fun in a very twisted way, as in the game can sometimes be so bluntly unforgiving that you'll throw your hands up in the air and laugh at the screen in hysterical horror and then cursing loudly once the shock has subsided. Haven't touched the game again since it first came out, I did get the GOG version but haven't mustered up enough masochism to try again. Maybe I'm worried that I won't find the game quite as funny a second time around but this review has motivated me to try again some time.
I had an additional motivation to play the game because I got it as a gift and I believe there is no better way to say "thank you for your generosity" than to play through the game ;) Frankly, I doubt I would go that far if I didn't have this motivation.
18.10. - Mortal Kombat (1994) 5.5/10
I've made some decent progress over the past few weeks:

OMG Zombies! - I picked this one up for like a dollar and was pleasantly surprised. I expected an action game, but it was really more of a puzzle game. I hadn't played a game quite like it and it really hooked me.
Crypt Killer - Here's another old-school lightgun shooter! I whipped out my old Stunner for the Sega Saturn to play through this sucker. There's some cheap enemies in the game, but overall, it's a fun game if you like the genre.
South Park: The Stick of Truth - This is one of the best 2014 games I've played all year! I haven't watched the show in like a decade, but I thought the game was hilarious and fun. The battle system was fairly simplistic and reminded me of a more complex version of Costume Quest.
Quake III: Arena - I've played through this game so many times, but it had been a while...so I played it again! I've been on a 90s FPS kick lately, but this is the first one I've actually finished.
StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm - This was a really, really good game. I only played the single player campaign since I have no interest in being destroyed online. The story is good, but the gameplay is just fantastic.
Zombie Solitaire - Considering I was absolutely hooked on Faerie Solitaire a while back, this one was a no-brainer (no pun intended...) I'm a sucker for solitaire games and definitely got my $1 worth out of this one.
The Treasures of Montezuma 4 - This game was really odd. I didn't really care for the gameplay since it seemed VERY luck-based where you just click around like crazy and hope things fall where you want them. It reminded me of the first Puzzle Quest, which frustrated me to no end. But on the other hand, I was addicted to it and played through the story. So I'm a little torn on it.
Hexcells - Now this game right here was awesome! I had no idea what to expect, but it's like Picross + Minesweeper! I'm a huuuuuge Picross fan, so I immediately fell in love with this game. I'm working on Hexcells Plus now and it seems to have cranked up the difficulty a bit.

Full List
Full List + Details
moho_00: Quake III: Arena - I've played through this game so many times, but it had been a while...so I played it again! I've been on a 90s FPS kick lately, but this is the first one I've actually finished.
Have you tried Quake Live? It's a bit improved version of Quake 3 and it's free to play. Also the playerbase is pretty active. Check it out. It was released on Steam a few months ago.
moho_00: Quake III: Arena - I've played through this game so many times, but it had been a while...so I played it again! I've been on a 90s FPS kick lately, but this is the first one I've actually finished.
Venser: Have you tried Quake Live? It's a bit improved version of Quake 3 and it's free to play. Also the playerbase is pretty active. Check it out. It was released on Steam a few months ago.
Nah, I haven't tried that one yet. I generally just play against bots, but perhaps it's time I finally played some Quake online ;)
Finished The Legend of Kyrandia: Book 1 and it was a lot worse than in my memories. Most of the time, we don't know what to do and the puzzles are to be solved without any clues. Also, labyrinths...

Full list here.