It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

dutchexcalibur: I also did my annual Mirror's Edge playthrough, this game is perfect for quick playing. This is one of my favorite games, it's just refreshing to play something that shies away from combat as the resolution method.
That game is still in my backlog - would you recommend a 360 controller or Mouse + Keyboard for it?
dutchexcalibur: I also did my annual Mirror's Edge playthrough, this game is perfect for quick playing. This is one of my favorite games, it's just refreshing to play something that shies away from combat as the resolution method.
kalirion: That game is still in my backlog - would you recommend a 360 controller or Mouse + Keyboard for it?
I've only played it using keyboard+mouse, and it worked well. If you have a controller, you could try it and see what it plays like.
Include me please.

2014:

1.) Lunnye Devitsy
2.) Wake
3.) Trine
4.) Zeno Clash
5.) Spectraball
6.) Brothers in Arms: Road to Hill 30
7.) Reversion - The Escape
8.) Only If
9.) Kairo
Post edited August 02, 2014 by Geri11
As for experiences:

1.) Lunnye Devitsy

A nice little indie platformer. You are a little fairy, who wants to get back to the moon, and you gotta find all possible ways to do that. It's short and it's fun, has a nice art style. After finding all solutions you get an extra objective to collect some coins. Now that is hard as hell, as you need very good platforming skills to get up to some high places.

Would I recommend it?
Yes

2.) Wake

Got it in the same package as Lunnye Devitsy. Short indie game as well. You are an engineer, trapped inside a sinking ship. It has a creepy atmosphere, and you can find some secret places, where you get massages from aliens I guess. I don't want to spoil it, but something happens if you find all 10. As for gameplay, you either jump or swim your way out of the sinking ship, going up and finally out. On hard, you can climb walls but don't have a map. On easy it's the exact opposite. There's lava mode, where the water changes to lava. Hard as hell.

Would I recommend it?
Yes

3.) Trine

Absolutely fantastic sidescrolling platformer. It's like Lost Vikings, you have 3 characters (wizard, knight and thief) each with different skills, and you gotta help each other progress (you can change between them). Beautiful, and I mean beautiful graphics and effects, the world is breathtaking, and the fairy tale story is quite good. Also, you gotta kill skeletons. Always loved that, nowadays it's always zombies. Skeletons are much better. Oh, and they are just now adding multiplayer coop.

Would I recommend it?
Without a doubt. You must play this.

4.) Zeno Clash

First person brawler. You are a tribal man in a VERY strange world (loved it), with half-animal half-human creatures, who talk like cavemen and live under the caring hands of Father-Mother (don't even ask. Just see it for yourself). The brawling is fun and enjoyable, there are guns occasionally, the story is good, the world is awesomely weird, you meet people who piss themselves then starve to death, because that's what they do, and you uncover a horrible secret. And beat up a lot of people along the way. There are also challenge rooms, because who doesn't love raging and constantly failing and tearing your own hair, until you finally beat it, and get so happy, that you buy yourself a beer, because you feel like you deserve it?

Would I recommend it?
Yes. The weird setting is in itself a selling point for me, but the game is solid and fun as well.

5.) Spectraball

You know the games like Super Monkey Ball or Marble Madness, when you have to carefully roll a ball to the end of the level without falling down? This is one of those games. The gaphics are really nice, the levels are varied, however a bit few, and it does provide a challenge for the player. Also, you can download user created maps and you can of course make maps yourselves. Oh, and you have special powers as well.

Would I recommend it?
Sort of. I do understand that this game and this genre is not for everyone. Also, do keep in mind that the game is short. However, if the concepts sounds fun to you, and the screenshots are appealing, then go ahead, you will have a fun time with it.

6.) Brothers in Arms: Road to Hill 30

Well, I gotta say, this game has not aged very well. Many people praise it, yet I fail to see it's real appeal. It's a WWII FPS, where you control a team of soldiers, can give orders to them, and use tactics to overcome the enemy. However, the AI is not really good, the missions are short, and the graphics are worse than the original Call of Duty's which came out 2 years before this game. The tactics are good though, and on hard difficulty it provides a decent challenge.

Would I recommend it?
Not really. If you did not try it out when it came out, or just not interested in it, I'd say it's a pass.

7.) Reversion - The Escape

This is a free point and click adventure game on Steam. What can I say? It was made by an Argentinean developer, and the English translation and localization is far from being perfect. The story is meh, the voice acting is subpar, and the game is really short. Then again, it's free, so don't expect much.

Would I recommend it?
Nope. Nothing really interesting in there, not even for free. Pass.
Post edited July 02, 2014 by Geri11
Jul 2 - Catacomb Armageddon

Basically just a beefed up version of Catacomb Abyss. They added many new enemy types, but they all basically attack the same way. The three or four that fire projectiles can be tricky, but since the rest just have a punch attack, you can stay pretty safe the entire game.
Post edited July 02, 2014 by adambiser
I just finished Betrayer.

This game has quite a few good points:
- The black, white and red graphic is something I haven't seen since the movie "Schindler's list" and I never saw it in a video game before. The graphics create an atmospheric and strange world.
- The game takes place in 1604. I never played a game where I had to tamp my rifle. (Is "tamp" the right word here?)
- The sound is great. There is no music and you have to listen to sounds to know where you have to go.
- The game has dark themes that are (to my knowledge) rarely touched in a game. Things like rape, suicide and child murder.

Sounds awesome right? It IS awesome... for around two to three hours. After that this eleven hour game just repeats itself. I was just running from clue to clue and from ghost to ghost while killing the same six enemy-types over and over again.

I don't regret that I have played this game and I hope Blackpowder Games next game will have some more variety.

Here's my list.
Geri11: 4.) Zeno Clash

First person brawler. You are a tribal man in a VERY strange world (loved it), with half-animal half-human creatures, who talk like cavemen and live under the caring hands of Father-Mother (don't even ask. Just see it for yourself). The brawling is fun and enjoyable, there are guns occasionally, the story is good, the world is awesomely weird, you meet people who piss themselves then starve to death, because that's what they do, and you uncover a horrible secret. And beat up a lot of people along the way. There are also challenge rooms, because who doesn't love raging and constantly failing and tearing your own hair, until you finally beat it, and get so happy, that you buy yourself a beer, because you feel like you deserve it?

Would I recommend it?
Yes. The weird setting is in itself a selling point for me, but the game is solid and fun as well.
I often complain about the absence of real game developers in my country, but it turns out that this game was actually made by a chilean company! It even appeared on the local news once. Is there any chance to have it on GOG?
Please include me, thanks!

I need to finish digging up what I finished during the first couple of months, but here's a partial list:

Ultra Bust-A-Move
4 Elements
The Guardian Legend
Luxor Evolved
Bust-A-Move 4
Spawn: In the Demon's Hand
Bermuda Triangle: Saving the Coral
Luigi's Mansion
Game & Wario
Lost Kingdoms
Blur
1080 Avalanche
Depths of Peril
Mutant Storm Reloaded
Halo: Spartan Assault
Shingata Kururin Pa!
Guardian Heroes
Hatsune Miku: Project Diva F
Harvest Moon: Magical Melody
Centipede: Infestation
Felony 11-79
Gun Metal
Sword of the Berserk: Guts' Rage
Paperboy (1999)
Farm For Your Life
The Stanley Parable
Last Bronx
Gone Home
Shining Force
Kingdom Rush
Mafia II
Sacrifice
Gunblade NY: Special Air Assault Force
The Culling of the Cows
Shanghai: Triple Threat
Bardbarian

A full list of the stuff I've logged so far can be found here.

Although I have a decent number of completions for 2014, I've mostly been feeding on shorter games. In fact, I had logged most of the time I sunk into the longest game I played, Harvest Moon: Magical Melody, in 2013. But at least I managed to wrap it up. After that, it's a pretty steep drop-off to Blur, which clocked in at 12 hours. Oh well, one of these days I'll get around to finishing all of these massive RPGs on my shelves...

My favorite game on the above list is The Guardian Legend, but considering I've beaten it many times before and it's one of my favorite games ever, I'll exclude it ;) So that being said, I would say that so far my favorite games in 2014 are Hatsune Miku: Project Diva F, Blur, and Lost Kingdoms. I just picked up Lost Kingdoms II the other day, so it'll be added soon...hopefully!
Post edited August 17, 2014 by moho_00
javier0889: I often complain about the absence of real game developers in my country, but it turns out that this game was actually made by a chilean company! It even appeared on the local news once. Is there any chance to have it on GOG?
As far as I know, ACE Team is a developer, who started as a small modding team. So they are indie to the core :D I don't really see, why they couldn't put their products on GOG (although Zeno Clash uses the Source engine, which is Valve property, so yeah... maybe there is a reason). You can always vote for it here, and hope for the best.
Post edited July 03, 2014 by Geri11
Darksiders

http://www.gog.com/forum/general/games_finished_in_2014/post22

2013 List
http://www.gog.com/forum/general/games_finished_in_2013/post118
So far...

Jazzpunk - February 9th
Octodad: Dadliest Catch - February 13th
Escape Goat 2 - April 3rd
Dominique Pamplemousse - May 19th
Tsukihime - June 23rd
Sniper Elite v2 - June 27th
Gunman Clive - July 1st
The Walking Dead S2E1 - June 14th, S2E2 - July 2nd, S2E3 - July 3rd
The Wolf Among Us E2-E4 - Can't remember when.

...and there are probably more but I'm not remembering them off the top of my head.
Post edited July 03, 2014 by johnki
johnki: Dominique Pamplemousse - May 19th
How did you like that? Was it worth playing?
Post edited July 03, 2014 by Leroux
So far, in 2014, I have completed the following games:

Amazing Spider-Man 2 (X360) - A big improvement over the first Amazing Spider-Man game, but still a step down from previous entries in the franchise. Still, the updated web-swinging mechanic, re-introduction of the stealth combat from Shattered Dimensions, and the introduction of alternate costumes having an impact on gameplay all point to a solid Spidey game in the very near future. Bonus points to the plot for borrowing as little from the movie its based off of as possible and attempting to be its own thing. 6/10

Evoland (PC) - A cute love-letter to old school JRPGs, Diablo and Zelda. While the game is quite short and the plot is very basic, the upgrade mechanic which lets the game acquire improved or new features and graphics certainly helped to keep the novelty going until the very end. If you grew up on games like Dragon Quest, Final Fantasy and Zelda, you will find a lot to like about this game...if the price isn't too high. 8/10

Broken Sword: Shadow of the Templars: Director's Cut (PC) - I never played this game back in "the day", but I did play a little bit of it when it was released on iOS. From that little taste, I knew I had to play this game on a big screen in order to really soak in the gorgeous locals and smooth character animations. The story hasn't aged well, but is not bad by any means. The puzzles range wildly from stupidly simple to frustratingly convoluted, but there was never a point where taking a bit of a break and coming back didn't get me through them. The place this game shines is in the characters; George, Nico, André, Sergeant Moue, Duane and Pearl really helped to carry the plot along without it getting stale. A strong first entry to this series. 7/10

Broken Sword II: The Smoking Mirror: Remastered (PC) - The first thing I noticed about this sequel was how much nicer all of the character animations looked. Considering how much I liked this original, this was a nice surprise. I also enjoyed the increased use of animated cutscenes in comparison to the first game as well as the increased use of Nico as a playable character. The plot of this game seemed a lot more solid than the first and effectively made use of recurring locations and characters without becoming dependent on them. The puzzles still varied wildly, but fewer were frustrating when compared to the first game. A great follow-up. 8/10

Broken Sword 2.5: The Return of the Templars (PC) - Let's start with this: This is the most impressive fan-made game I have ever played. The voice acting was a bit stiff, but the visuals, puzzles, plot and characters were just as good as the first two official games. Even the CGI cutscenes had a professional look to them. I particularly liked how they expanded revisted areas from the first game such as the alleyway behind the church at Montfaucon and the adjoining street to Rue Jarry. For a free, fan-made game, this is easily a 10. However, as that's a bit of a cop-out, I will instead compare it to the first two official games as if it were on the same level. 8/10
Jul 3 - Catacomb Apocalypse

Another OK retro FPS. As with all of the Catacomb games, I wish the turning and movement were a bit faster. Level design was OK. A couple of maps seemed pretty empty though. This one also has new enemy types and most of them fire projectile, which can make things tricky sometimes.

And thus ends my play-through of the Catacomb series games. The FPS are worthwhile if you can make it past the somewhat clunky controls. I think they pulled off a lot of things graphically despite their EGA limitation. I didn't enjoy the top-down games as much.
Braveland
Bought the game in the promo two days ago and by now I completed the campaign on normal, completed the survival mode one time and started the campaign again and played some missions on hard. This probably tells you how complex, hard and long this game is. But to be fair it probaly doesn't want to be any of this and instead presents itself as a casual, easy and cartoony TBS-lite game. And as that it does a pretty good job. It certainly isn't a masterpiece you will return to over and over again, but it's a nice game for a long, rainy afternoon or to relax after a hard day's work.

Complete list of finished games in 2014