It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Jun 19 - Catacomb (aka Catacomb II)

Didn't really enjoy this one. Too many keys hidden in walls that you have to find in order to progress. Plus you can get trapped by opening the wrong door. Very tough in the final levels. I just used cheats to finish it because without the ability to save games, you have to restart each time. Interesting game historically, but not really one I'd recommend.
Just finished Watch_Dogs for PS4.

Absolutely awesome story, and ridiculously fun gunplay, marred slightly by dodgy driving mechanics, and almost ruined by some of the worst tacked-on multiplayer I have ever seen. I was fucking glad when I got the MP goals behind me.

This game had some of the most interesting characters I had seen in a game in a long while, due in part to its somewhat original setting.
Final Fantasy IX - From the moment i saw the trailer on TV 14 years ago i was hooked, i really wanted to know why, why and why princess midget jumped, did she jump because it was final fantasy finally coming to a finale? or ? so many question i had. Never got around to playing it because of various reason and people calling it shit for the last 14 years. Well the mystery of her jumping was spoiled right at the beginning she was just chillin, rest of the game was pretty boring, specially the slow ass low ass combat. Story and charcter and setting was not bad but i should have played it 14 years ago, some stuffs felt lame which probably would have been cool back then and nostalgia by now. i know everyone loved Vivi, i thought Quina was cool and had the best moments and what the hell was kuja only that thing knows, sooner i forget the better. Sadly i had to force myself to finish it, considering this was a game i really really wanted to play. This was to be my final for the final fantasy, thou i doubt it will leave a lasting memory or nostalgia, but the trailer from 14 years ago still clicks and thats good enough for me
Batman: Arkham Origins. In my opinion it's noticeably worse than Batman: Arkham Asylum and Batman: Arkham City in pretty much every way. The story has plenty of holes and it doesn't match up at times with established Batman: Arkham canon. Every level is basically the same (not that the previous games were much different to be fair) and the mechanics felt really loose and finicky compared to the previous games. By the time the game finally started finding it's rhythm it was almost over. The game isn't awful but I wouldn't call it a great game, or even an above average game.
I am so close to finishing Slave Zero, but the finale is ridiculously brutal. The rest of the game has been awesome though!
I'm always surprised to see so many DRM titles here and so few GoG-games.
Is GoG more a collectors than a gamers thing nowadays?
Klumpen0815: I'm always surprised to see so many DRM titles here and so few GoG-games.
Is GoG more a collectors than a gamers thing nowadays?
Not for me. I tend to switch between GOG & Steam games. I'll probably be back in a few weeks with Carmageddon to add in the list while Bioshock, Crusader: No Remorse and Divinity 2 are in the pipe too.
I finished Saints Row: The Third few days ago. It is really stupid but great game. It was blast and enjoyed almost every minute of playing it. It is colorful, silly, brutal and doesn't take itself serious. Exactly my kind of game. I think everyone who likes open world games and is not looking for serious game should play this one. I like it more than SR2 and more than most open world city games.
I only thing too many missions were just poorly disguised activities and the game could use more of regualr missions.

It deserves 9/10.

Full list.
Post edited June 20, 2014 by Vitek
Vitek: I finished Saints Row: The Third few days ago. It is really stupid but great game. It was blast and enjoyed almost every minute of playing it. It is colorful, silly, brutal and doesn't take itself serious. Exactly my kind of game. I think everyone who likes open world games and is not looking for serious game should play this one. I like it more than SR2 and more than most open world city games.
I only thing too many missions were just poorly disguised activities and the game could use more of regualr missions.

It deserves 9/10.

Full list.
I agree, Saints Row: The Third is just great, it was my introduction to the series and remains my favorite. The activities being squeezed into the main story did get annoying (and it's something I find annoying about the series as a whole), but that's about the only thing I disliked about it.
June 20 - Catacomb 3D

I dislike the "sticky walls" and the looping level design, but other than that, not too bad for such an early FPS.
I just finished Avernum IV.

This is the first Avernum game that's not a remake. It uses an engine similar to the Avadon games which is quite different from the one used in Avernum 1-3+Blades. It took me a while to get used to it but after that I had quite a bit of fun.
On the plus side are the enhanced sound and graphics which lowered my eye-and-ear-stab-desire. On the minus side is the lost of travel on the world map. Now the caves of Avernum feel kind of small.
In the end this 72 hour RPG concludes the story of Avernum 3 and at the same time starts a new one which I asume will be continued in Avernum V.

Here's my list.
Shadowgrounds Survivor.
Just finished Castlevania II: Simon's Quest today.
I can understand some of the common complaints, but it wasn't as bad as many people made it out to be,

Also: The main Doom 3 Campaign from the BFG Edition on Veteran difficulty,
Post edited June 21, 2014 by ThermioN
Played through Serena today - the myst style interactive short story that's free on Steam:
http://store.steampowered.com/app/272060/
It takes about an hour to play through and see everything and for everything to be revealed, therefore the developers didn't include a 'save game' feature, can still be annoying if you're just having a quick look 45mins before you need to leave the house and you don't realise there no saves! d'oh!
Story is well written and heartfelt but a bit predictable, can't say too much without spoiling anything, it takes an hour and its free so have a look if you've got time to kill, I guess!
Post edited June 22, 2014 by Fever_Discordia
Finished The Witcher for the second time. This time with the background of the books. And I must say, it was a whole new experience - knowing a lot of the characters, getting the quotes and citations of the books and in some cases just knowing wtf they are talking about (i.e. the innkeeper in Murky Waters and his tale about the princess/sorceress/witcheress). Now onto TW2!